Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-28-2004, 11:23 AM   #1
TLK
Pro Starter

Of all the uses for duct-tape.... This might be my favorite...

U.S. National - AP
Dad Says Principal Duct-Taped Son's Pants

2 hours, 10 minutes ago

Add U.S. National - AP to My Yahoo!

DUNLAP, Ind. - The father of a seventh-grader claims an assistant principal came up with a bizarre way to keep his son's pants from sagging in school: duct tape.

Scott Allison told the Concord School Board earlier this month that his 12-year-old son, Spencer, was ordered by a teacher to lift his shirt after she noticed the boy's underwear was showing above his pants, a violation of Concord Junior High School's dress code.

She sent him to Assistant Principal Patricia Walters, who told Spencer to pull up his pants and tuck in his shirt, Allison said.

"She then proceeded to duct tape his waist, three times around the waist," said Allison. "Then she sent him back to class, in front of his peers."

He said he worried his son would be mocked by his classmates at the school in the town about 20 miles east of South Bend.

"This outrages me and shocks me," Allison said.

Allison also said that Spencer's underwear would not have been exposed if the shirt was left down. "I don't understand what motivated her to ask him to lift up his shirt," he said.

Board President Randall Myers said the board would not discuss personnel issues in public. Junior high Principal Kevin Caird said student discipline is confidential.

Last edited by TLK : 09-28-2004 at 11:25 AM.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 11:34 AM   #2
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLionKing
Allison also said that Spencer's underwear would not have been exposed if the shirt was left down. "I don't understand what motivated her to ask him to lift up his shirt," he said.

Anyone who's read the "Can a child molester ever be called "hot?"" thread knows the answer to that one.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 11:37 AM   #3
Balldog
Pro Rookie

When I was in school if something like that happened the teacher would have been given an award.

Last edited by Balldog : 09-28-2004 at 11:37 AM.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 11:45 AM   #4
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog
When I was in school if something like that happened the teacher would have been given an award.

And should have been.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 11:51 AM   #5
korme
Go Reds

A teacher when I was a junior tried to make me wear an electrical cord as a belt over my nice brown belt because it wasn't keeping my pants up high enough for her. She was a bitch.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 12:06 PM   #6
cuervo72
Head Coach

So then your opinion of this hasn't changed much in the past two years.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:36 PM   #7
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Mississippi lingo:

If you can not duct it, fuck it.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:37 PM   #8
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72
So then your opinion of this hasn't changed much in the past two years.

I don't understand what you are trying to say.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:39 PM   #9
rkmsuf
Head Coach

SO TH3N UR OPINION OF THIS HASNT CHANGAD MUCH IN TEH PAST TWO YEARS!!!!1!1!!1!1!!!1 OMG
Old 09-28-2004, 12:48 PM   #10
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
I don't understand what you are trying to say.

Way back when I was a junior....
Old 09-28-2004, 01:10 PM   #11
korme
Go Reds

Well, it hasn't changed (had I even given an opinion or did I just state what happened to me..), I just didn't understand your point or why you needed to post that great insight.

Last edited by korme : 09-28-2004 at 01:11 PM.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:26 PM   #12
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

The "baggy pants show off your boxers" trend has baffled me more than other trends. I just don't get it. It may be the only fashion trend more ridiculous looking than the seventies vintage bell bottoms.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 01:32 PM   #13
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
"She then proceeded to duct tape his waist, three times around the waist," said Allison. "Then she sent him back to class, in front of his peers."

The question is what was she doing the three times she went around his waist... everyone knows one pass with duct tape would have held those pants up.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 01:35 PM   #14
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
SO TH3N UR OPINION OF THIS HASNT CHANGAD MUCH IN TEH PAST TWO YEARS!!!!1!1!!1!1!!!1 OMG

you owe me one keyboard

Last edited by MJ4H : 09-28-2004 at 01:35 PM.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 01:36 PM   #15
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
Well, it hasn't changed (had I even given an opinion or did I just state what happened to me..), I just didn't understand your point or why you needed to post that great insight.

You stated an opinion that your teacher was a bitch, ostensibly because she decided to make you adhere to a dress code with which you did not agree.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:36 PM   #16
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne
The "baggy pants show off your boxers" trend has baffled me more than other trends. I just don't get it. It may be the only fashion trend more ridiculous looking than the seventies vintage bell bottoms.

I actually don't know anyone who does this. I pull my shorts down a little so they barely go past my knees, but not so people can see my boxers (I wear gym shorts under my pants/shorts anyways. My pants also ride not directly on my waist, but I wear a 30 and it's still too big even with a belt so they go a little low, but again my shirt always covers anything, and it's not like I wear huge shirts.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:38 PM   #17
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72
You stated an opinion that your teacher was a bitch, ostensibly because she decided to make you adhere to a dress code with which you did not agree.

Actually it was the way she went about doing things that rendered her a bitch in my book. Constantly to tell me to pull my pants up was just icing.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:29 PM   #18
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

As an engineering student, this story gets my highest rating: 4 rolls of duct tape.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 03:35 PM   #19
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne

It goes back to prison fashon. No shoe strings, no belt: you can't use those to hang yourself. The pants then hang low, which is used for easy access by your "friends" in prison.
BigJohn&TheLions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 03:48 PM   #20
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn&TheLions
It goes back to prison fashon. No shoe strings, no belt: you can't use those to hang yourself. The pants then hang low, which is used for easy access by your "friends" in prison.

So what yer telling me is, all those rappers, and hoods and da-boyzzzz and the whie trash rapper-hoodlem wannabes,a nd pretty rich boys without a clue, who all wear their baggy ass pants around their knees....they...they just want to get it in the ass????

damnit people, dress properly and learn to ASK for what you want, we have prisons FULL of people willing to help you out.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote