Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-26-2003, 07:59 AM   #1
condors
College Starter

MTW-The Danes to Tame a Land

To Tame a Land

The Danes situated in denmark in the year 1087 declare war and attack sweden with King Olaf personally leading the battle with Thorgils unit of spearmen and hackeknud's unit of vikings, the king wants to rule all of the known land but wants to secure sweeden and norway to danish rule for now.

King Olaf(royal knights)
influence:7
peity:3
dread:4
command:4
accuman:4

Thorgils(spearmen)
loyalty:4
peity:3
dread:1
command:0
accuman:3

Hackeknud(vikings)
loyalty:4
piety:5
dread:0
command:0
accuman:1

battle report to follow...

(i am not a very good writer but will give it a shot here i have only been playing a couple weeks with 2 60% victories and many defeats hopefully this one works out, i play the danes mostly because of the early age longboats and vikings only require a fort which allows me to build up merchants and try to control the water)

condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 08:08 AM   #2
condors
College Starter

battle report

in the year 1087 king olaf invaded sweden 181 men vs 120
the king fearless charged into battle with the vikings and spearmen unable to keep pace with the horses. Our enemy sat in a wood on a hill so the king ran around the flank to draw them out or face an attack on multple fronts as the went to the other flank. The 2 groups of vikings went after my king who met their charge with one of his own on level ground just outside the woods, Hackeknud's vikings charged into their flank and Thorgils spearmen was coming in behind the opposing general unit. When the enemy saw our king winning easily against there army and being flanked they turned tail and ran which allowed my 3 units converage on their generals unit and their general was captured in no time the final results

King Olaf +2 valour killed-28 captured 67 lost 11
Hakeknud +0 valour killed 8 captured 16 lost 4
thorgils +0 valour killed-0 captured-1 lost-0

(the ai went after my king when probally should have attacked thorgils spearmen when they were coming up the hill behind the general probally would have had a much different outcome i still would have won but would have expected losses to the spearmen, although if they killed my king it may have changed the battle)
Old 02-26-2003, 08:35 AM   #3
condors
College Starter

battle of norway

in the year 1091 King Olaf decieded the time has come to attack norway they have 3 units of vikings we have 4 units of vikings 1 unit of spearmen and prince olaf

prince olaf
loyalty-9
peity-3
dread-4
command-2
acumen-2
he is a natural leader and has pride(yuck)

i also have 3 other under age princes comming along hopefully they will be able to prove their worth on the battlefield.

the 3 units of viking sat on a hill i had the prince and king go for their flanks and my vikings/spearmen form a line, they see the prince going up the east flank and all three units charge the lone prince, could his first battle be his last? The king charges to protect his son hitting the enemy generals unit with a charge from behind while 2 units of vikings are going at it with the prince.
The general is slain and 3 units of vikings are running away from the prince and king my line only 1 unit of vikings ever got any action and it wasn't much

Prince Olaf had the best day +2 valour killed 47 taken 53 lost 8
King Olaf +1 valour killed 80 taken 53 lost 12 (seemed their general wasn't a pushover)

I am now currently in search of 3 leaders for my 3 providences so far none of my current men seem worthy of running a province.
Old 02-26-2003, 08:39 AM   #4
condors
College Starter

my current plan

with 3 provinces currently(i can hold up here for as long as a needed chance takes) i will be building longboats from denmark, bishops, assassins etc from denmark and vikings in norway where they get +1 valour bonus also longboats get +1 valour from denmark so it makes the decsion a little easy for me. I will be looking out for a non catholic province with no fort to attack as i don't have any siege but i am in no rush and hope my alliance with the holy roman empire stands as they are the only one who can launch a land attack on me.
Old 02-26-2003, 09:08 AM   #5
condors
College Starter

like sands through the hourglass

1095 prince erik
loyalty 9
piety 3
dread 5
command 6!
acumen 4
great warrior
materialist

1103 prince knud
loyalty 8
piety 4
dread 4
command 6
acumen 5
natural leader
materlist

1106 prince valdemer
loyalty 9
peity 4
dread 5
command 4
acuman 5
secert perversion

king olaf sees we need to make more money our current income needs to expand sooner rather than later so he takes his princes (who require way too much upkeep) and attacks finaland 93 royal knights vs 100 spearmen
spearmen may do well vs calvary but not when the get hit on all 4 sides at once we loss 1 man to their 100 prince valdemer was the best on the field and gains 1 valour
Old 02-26-2003, 09:59 AM   #6
condors
College Starter

ARGH!

well i have heard good things about gallowglasses in ireland so i set my eyes on that as my next target

king olaf dies and olaf II takes his place

with 121 royal knight vs 360 irish types 300 kerns and 60 gallowglases

the battle is the first one that everything doesn't work out for me
i have 6 units vs 6 units i lure them down a hill and send all my guys at their gallowglases to get their general and cause the kerns to run for the hills, well they rain missiles on my men and the gallowglases put up the best fight i have seen from any unit so far i look forward to adding these to my arsenal!
Old 02-26-2003, 10:02 AM   #7
condors
College Starter

now the bad news those irishmen didn't take kindly to being invaded i have 62 men left and 2819 people revolt against me i don't have a port built yet so i have to fight a ton of light cavarly and spearmen take the field and while i killed hundreds of their men including their general the numbers where too much in the end (king olaf killed 254 by himself and was the best on the field)
they take back their little island and ransom my king for 10k putting me 8k in the hole on the plus side the game isn't over but this sets me back! I will have my revenage (hopefully nobody else invades the island)
Old 02-26-2003, 10:19 AM   #8
condors
College Starter

Unhappy the years in the red

i spent 1122-1141 without the ability to build due to the debt of paying the ransom on my king not sure if anyone has expierenced this but it put my 20 years behind the 8 ball building wise and a serious handicap for my usual tactic of raiding rebels or going to war against the norguards as they don't hurt my trading. All of my princes where killed in that battle but i now have an heir(was worried the game may end due to the lack of an of age heir)

Prince Sweyn
loyalty-9
piety-3
dread-2
command-2
acumen-1
natural leader
secert blackmailer
(probally the worst prince i have had yet and will become king probally very soon! king olaf II is 67)
Old 02-26-2003, 10:23 AM   #9
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Woah. I would've never gone after Ireland that soon. Get Norway and Sweden and build up Sweden (its a huge money maker with proper trade routes), and get a few trades rountes going before venturing onto the British Isles. It takes an army of a couple thousand (that's 2000) or more to take and hold Ireland.

The Danes are my favorite MTW faction, BTW.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:00 AM   #10
condors
College Starter

patience i have none of it i will be attacking ireland again with 960 vikings(+1 valour) this time unless it gets a fort
Old 02-26-2003, 11:34 AM   #11
condors
College Starter

ireland again

1173-(eeks i am behind schedule!)i took attacked with 942 men attack ireland

they had light calvary and spearmen well they were no match for my vikings and we captured the general and ours got a promotion also gave him a title so he has 2 stars now
killed 218 taken 102 lost 73 now to build my own gallowglasses!
Old 02-26-2003, 12:18 PM   #12
condors
College Starter

1189-Novgorod

My 2 star viking general leaves ireland to attack novgorod with 920 viking vs 1588 peasents archers spearmen and militia sergents, we run up the hill they are on from both sides they try to fall back but get in each others way there general is exposed by their lack of bravery and captured their general causing the rest of thier ranks to flee and it was more of the same for the reinfocements

stats men killed 446 taken 215 lost 107

My general wears his 3rd star proudly!
Old 02-26-2003, 12:46 PM   #13
condors
College Starter

1191-rebels rally

while waiting for the castle to fall 3800 rebels try to send the danish back! 813 viking charge into battle killing 2162 taken 666 lost 425 (we did alot of wood fighting as we had horse archers crossbowmen archers spearmen militiant sergents and peasents in great numbers to deal with) My general earned his 4th star!
Old 02-26-2003, 02:19 PM   #14
condors
College Starter

1193-liviania

cost me 141 vikings but i added this province to my collection 7 so far i am a little behind the 8 ball but i hope to start a war with aloms who are beating spain badly they only have 1 procvince left the french are helping them though i want to put a stop to the byzintaine expansion as it is a little out of control also got my general his 5 star would like to get him 9 before the mongol horde shows up. My trade route is only a few ocean areas away from having the entire map. Hopefully i can keep my aggression up and not get any setbacks till the horde i want/need to have a huge army to knock him and the bzyantines off the map and then elminate them muzlum factions and make my way to switzerland for the late stage and unleash the fing fury of swiss armered pikeman(i have never actually used them but want to make a point of it this game to judge their ability for myself)
Old 02-26-2003, 02:49 PM   #15
condors
College Starter

i shoulda gone into golf

1197-my 5 star general attacks moscuvy and the rebels run

Germany who had been my faithfull ally invades Denmark!
while my royal knights fight bravely all the kings heirs are lost in battle the king ran to the castle escaping capture or worse but at 57 and no heirs to speak of this could be ending my game

I bring in reinforcements from out in the field and i plan to knock germany out of the game i will let the bzyantines deal with the mongols
Old 02-26-2003, 03:01 PM   #16
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Keep up the good work, condors. Tough luck on Ireland. Looks like you rolled the dice and lost on that one, especially losing all those great princes that would have been fine commanders for you. I always try to make sure I will have enough men left to secure a province after an invasion, which is one reason why I usually only go in with a numbers advantage, and with a way to get out quickly (if possible).

I'm surprised you haven't had to deal with other Catholic factions yet--they seemed to get antsy with their own fellow Catholic factions pretty quick with me. Good luck.

Chief Rum

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 03:28 PM   #17
condors
College Starter

1198 i take denmark back! the germans run

1199-i attack saxony

1200-saxony falls

1201-i attack balenburg

1202-bolenburg falls

1204-i attack poland elminating all the german provinces i can see

1213 game ends as my heir is only 6 years old and my king dies
Old 02-26-2003, 03:32 PM   #18
condors
College Starter

the german leaders where so much better than the rebels i attacked the spearmen rebels with royal knights and kicked their butt when i tried it with the german spearman i took some serious losses same unit same tactic complete different result the general makes a big difference i took them from 100 to 46 and they held their ground with 4 units of royal knights attacking them course but before long it was only 2 When i did it to the rebels i had very little casulaties