Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-23-2004, 08:50 AM   #1
bossfan2000
n00b

Anyone else looking forward to the new Social Distortion cd?

I must say i've been looking forward to it for a long time now. Listening to an advance and so far it sounds really good. Kinda like White Light, White Heat, White Trash..just a tad less hard and more mainstream sounding to me. They still have the great Social D sound, though. So far, its as good as i was hoping it would be.

They are coming to the Tabernacle here in Atlanta in a couple weeks. Would kinda like to see them live, but afraid it would be a little too rough. Anyone else seen them live? what are their shows like?

bossfan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 10:01 AM   #2
hukarez
College Starter

I didn't even know they were still together. I had Mike Ness' first solo album and all, and most of the Social D tracks.

Didn't one of them pass away? It's been awhile since I've been up to date on these things.
Filipino Martial Arts Digest
tweet tweet twitter
hukarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 10:08 AM   #3
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hukarez
I didn't even know they were still together. I had Mike Ness' first solo album and all, and most of the Social D tracks.

Didn't one of them pass away? It's been awhile since I've been up to date on these things.

Man, same here. I had no idea they were still together. I was just listening to their first album the other night thinking how great it was and wondering whatever happened to them.

Odd.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 11:54 AM   #4
McSweeny
College Starter

I can't wait for this album. It's been a very good couple of weeks for good music. I've been playing the new Green Day and the new Flogging Molly over and over.

I will be seeing them in Hartford and Providence (and maybe Boston). I would imagine it would be a pretty rough show if you were in the middle of the crowd or right up front. But you should have a great time if you stand back a bit. Hell, you'll probably have a far better view than those of us who will be in the massive crush of bodies.

And yes, one of them did just pass away back in 2002. Dennis Dannell who co-founded the band with Ness and played second guitar died. Also, John Maurer has left the band and Matt Freeman of Rancid will be taking over on bass
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote