cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Kohan 2 or Madden 2005????

which?

cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 12:35 AM   #2
druez
Banned

I beta tested Kohan since the early stages. It is a great game, not as good as the first kohan though for the grand 4 on 4 battles. It's more fun one on one. Overall its pretty good and considering what is out there in RTS games, its worth the pickup.
druez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 01:00 AM   #3
Galaril
Pro Starter

kohan 2 single player any good

hey Druez ,
Great to here from a beta tester.Two questions how is the skirmish single player?I don't play online much.Also, are the races much different, do they "feel" like they are differnet when you play in single or just different skins like alot of RTS gaems aka Age of mythology.Thanks.

Last edited by Galaril : 09-18-2004 at 01:00 AM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 09:32 AM   #4
druez
Banned

the races play differently. Single player skirmish mode is fun and the AI is solid. The two undead races play quite differently from each other and the dwarves have a real solid feel to them. The hauron/elves really feel like elves. Fast good archers, movement and quickness. Nice healers. The humans have a great economy and are balanced.

Yes to me the races are unique and different. We didn't get play campaign in beta, just online and skirmish vs the AI. Quite a few of the ai's were done by beta testers.
druez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 09:39 AM   #5
Calis
College Starter

Man I loved the first Kohan, and I normally despise RTS's.

Great great game, can't wait to try out the sequel.

So I'd say Kohan 2, Madden can wait.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 12:30 PM   #6
hukarez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calis
Man I loved the first Kohan, and I normally despise RTS's.

Great great game, can't wait to try out the sequel.

So I'd say Kohan 2, Madden can wait.

I never did get that expansion pack for the 1st one - but I enjoyed this particular game immensely.
Filipino Martial Arts Digest
tweet tweet twitter
hukarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 02:15 PM   #7
Calis
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hukarez
I never did get that expansion pack for the 1st one - but I enjoyed this particular game immensely.

I might be a noob, but I played the expansion pack first before playing the original and I got mauled...repeatedly...in the first couple missions.

Then I went through the original and all was well.

Didn't try the expansion again afterward though, but man it seemed hard. Then again I'm a notoriously horrid RTS player.
Old 09-18-2004, 06:53 PM   #8
hukarez
College Starter

Quote:
I might be a noob, but I played the expansion pack first before playing the original and I got mauled...repeatedly...in the first couple missions.

Then I went through the original and all was well.

Didn't try the expansion again afterward though, but man it seemed hard. Then again I'm a notoriously horrid RTS player.

I used to be really good at RTS games, back at my college days in Santa Barbara. I blame it on StarCraft and all.

Still - I consider myself something along the lines of an 'average' player. Kohan was something I thought was innovative for me when it was first released - the formations and all were something I loved. I wonder if they still sell the expansion pack to this game separately? I'll have to give this expansion pack a go, and see if I too can get mauled.

With Kohan 2 coming out soon, this is going to be one very busy final quarter of '04 for me.
tweet tweet twitter
Old 09-20-2004, 11:43 PM   #9
Calis
College Starter

After playing the demo to Kohan 2 I'd say for sure to pick it up!

I mean, you'll get your Madden every year..but you don't get your Kohan very often!

The demo is great though. I had heard some concerns that they'd really dumbed it down and made it your standard RTS, but that's not the case at all. It's still Kohan, and still a blast.

Can't wait for the full game. I just made the mistake of trying out the Warhammer: Dawn of War demo which was superb also, but a little more like a standard RTS. Too many games this week..ughh, of all the times to be unemployed!
Old 09-20-2004, 11:44 PM   #10
Calis
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hukarez
I used to be really good at RTS games, back at my college days in Santa Barbara. I blame it on StarCraft and all.

Still - I consider myself something along the lines of an 'average' player. Kohan was something I thought was innovative for me when it was first released - the formations and all were something I loved. I wonder if they still sell the expansion pack to this game separately? I'll have to give this expansion pack a go, and see if I too can get mauled.

With Kohan 2 coming out soon, this is going to be one very busy final quarter of '04 for me.

Dola..

Just thought I'd add, as frightening as this sounds..and considering myself quite the PC Gamer...I've NEVER played Starcraft.

I really have no idea why either, it just never happened.
Old 09-20-2004, 11:49 PM   #11
Danny
Head Coach

Over the years, I've put more time into the Warcraft/Starcraft series' (if you combine them into one) than any other series.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 09:47 AM   #12
hukarez
College Starter

Quote:
Dola..

Just thought I'd add, as frightening as this sounds..and considering myself quite the PC Gamer...I've NEVER played Starcraft.

I really have no idea why either, it just never happened.

It's still available out there, I think. For $5 or what not, in those Bonus Bins. I've always enjoyed it - actually, it's one of the few RTS games that I actually "completed". (In the 'Campaign' sense of the word)
tweet tweet twitter