Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-27-2004, 11:10 AM   #151
clintl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
I know it will never happen - but I sometimes think that's all it would take for the NBA to wake-up and realize the "milk the clock for 20-seconds, dribble through your legs and throw a 20-foot brick" offense is just boring beyond all belief.

I confess that I haven't been watching for years. Is that what happened to the NBA game, and why NBA teams now struggle to score as many points in 48 minutes as my high school team frequently scored in 32-minute games?
clintl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 11:15 AM   #152
druez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
I've never heard this theory before. That Germans love David Hasselhof I knew, this I did not.

http://www.americanvictorytour.org/ another patriotic philly guy.

He is my uncle and is rowing a canoe around the united states as an act of patriotism.

Shrug
druez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 11:20 AM   #153
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by druez
http://www.americanvictorytour.org/ another patriotic philly guy.

He is my uncle and is rowing a canoe around the united states as an act of patriotism.

Shrug

The nuts never fall too far from the tree...
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 11:29 AM   #154
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
I am actually proud of my uncle he fought in Vietnam and unlike Kerry he was really wounded. He was a grunt soldier and never came back to this country and trashed the fellow Americans.

No Franklin, he isn't a nut. Only thing that makes him a bit crazy I suppose is doing anything to honor fucktards like you.

Dude... you need to lighten up.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:02 PM   #155
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble

He should try canoeing. I hear it's very relaxing.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:37 PM   #156
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble

Dude, you need to discover the "ignore" feature. My blood pressure is much lower reading this board after being inspired by TroyF to finally put someone on it. I'm now at 2 and the board is much less stressful to read. People that call names, take one sentence out of 6 paragraphs to find an argument, and the like go on it, and your blood pressure goes down. It's like a magic pill
Old 08-27-2004, 01:39 PM   #157
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack
Dude, you need to discover the "ignore" feature. My blood pressure is much lower reading this board after being inspired by TroyF to finally put someone on it. I'm now at 2 and the board is much less stressful to read. People that call names, take one sentence out of 6 paragraphs to find an argument, and the like go on it, and your blood pressure goes down. It's like a magic pill

Yeah, but the thing is, I don't wanna ignore druez. I might miss out the next time he posts pix of his wife...
Old 08-27-2004, 01:44 PM   #158
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Makes sense, you are an eagles fan. People from Philly usually have high patriotisim. I'm assuming you are from the Philly area. It was injected into me from a young age growing up around there.

Dude, I'm the Raiders fan from Los Angeles who schooled you on Xbox
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 01:45 PM   #159
druez
Banned

are you being serious?
druez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 03:34 PM   #160
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

From Sports Guy's recent mailbag:

Q: Could you please write a rebuttal to Jason Whitlock's column on Page 2 this week? I never thought I'd read such unfounded crap by a Page 2 columnist. He called you and every other white person a racist for cheering against the U.S. hoops team (because, of course, there were no African-Americans who filled out the Page 2 poll asking whether you are cheering against the U.S., right?), ignoring the fact any fan of the NBA and basketball in general would want the U.S. team to lose so that Stern and company chose an actual team for the next Olympics ... and make it so we don't have to watch Marion chucking up airballs, or hear Carmelo bitch about his lack of PT.
--Jay Detsky, Toronto, Ontario

SG: Wait, you're telling me that you didn't expect that column from someone this week? I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner; you had an all-black team taking heat for three solid weeks before someone finally played the race card. Geez, Ralph Wiley would have written that column before the Nightmare Team even arrived in Athens.

I thought it was a good column, actually. Whitlock took a controversial position, argued it and made a solid case. That's what a columnist is supposed to do. My biggest problem was how he played the "Shut up and support your country" card, which is fine and all, except this is how we ended up spending 13 years in Vietnam. He also ignored the bigger picture, something I tackled nearly a month ago -- how USA Basketball wasted yet another chance to build the best possible team from scratch, choosing to slap together an All-Star team strictly for marketing purposes. This resentment towards the Nightmare Team wasn't a black/white thing; this was about an unimaginative style of basketball that fans don't like watching. They had a chance to change this -- for the better -- with the 2004 USA team. And they didn't. That's why we're ticked off.

Am I rooting against them? Yes. I want them to lose. It's for a greater good. If they win the gold medal, we'll be back here in four years with another All-Star team. And besides, the Olympics aren't about following your country, they're about following sports. Five years from now, I won't remember how many medals the United States won, but I'll remember watching that Greek hurdler standing on the podium -- her eyes filled with tears, her body quivering, the gold medal pressed to her chest -- as the entire stadium belted out Greece's national anthem. Now that was a moment.

Best of all, she was white.

Just kidding. I couldn't resist.

(Quit cringing, I was just kidding. Really.)

And then this:

Q: With Dave Chappelle signing an eye-popping $50 million deal with Comedy Central, where does '04 Chappelle rank in the Pantheon of Black Comedian Breakout Years? Hasn't he already surpassed '97 Chris Rock and '79 Richard Pryor and is now approaching '84 Eddie Murphy status?
--Travis Barber, Mountain View, Calif.

SG: Whoa whoa whoa... slow down. '84 Murphy was carrying "SNL" and making $200 million movies. '04 Chappelle has a comedy show that everyone likes on cable TV. Big difference. I wouldn't even put him ahead of Pryor at this point. And does anyone else worry about the Erick Dampier-potential of this big contract? Just remember what happened to Eddie -- once he started making the big bucks, he moved to Bubble Hill, stopped hanging out with regular people and his comedy went in the tank. It's never good for a comedian's career to make crazy money. That's why someone like Bill Hicks stayed sharp until the bitter end. He wasn't living in some $15 million mansion having lackies running around to get him coffee and newspapers.

(Translation: White comedians know how to handle success; black comedians don't. Boy, this race card is fun, isn't it?)
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 08-27-2004 at 03:35 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote