Old 07-19-2004, 04:23 PM   #302
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

(laughs)

Ok.. (tosses nfg the steak)
Old 07-19-2004, 04:24 PM   #303
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

(Eats the steak, Hides from coach for violating the diet rules)

Last edited by nfg22 : 07-19-2004 at 04:24 PM.
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 05:46 PM   #304
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Busted. Actually, the bigger the better. I want the pile around the ball carrier to look like a train wreck.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:13 PM   #305
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
I need more birds on my head! Gimme the damn ball!

You need less carries butterfingers. Let me be the #1 RB.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 10:29 PM   #306
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Burn.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:49 PM   #307
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Hey steaks get you blocks around here...
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 07:27 AM   #308
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Update: I'll have the next game and stats up this afternoon. My roommate treated me to a trip to the mall and a movie (the King Arthur one). How could I refuse?

Also, I'm leaving for home Thursday, so the next update after today will come Monday afternoon.
Old 07-21-2004, 05:34 PM   #309
Poli
FOFC Survivor

It's a rainy day here in St. Louis, with a game time temperature of 58 degrees. We win the toss and elect to receive. After the kick return, we take over on our 23.

CW starts us off with 4, Mizzourah takes a turn for 5 on the TE reverse, and JeeberD gives us the first down with a KRB. GM follows nfg22's KRB for 11. CW then carries for 2. GM follows with a loss of 3. Fortunately, a pass is completed to a TE to set us up with another first down.

Tucker gets in with a reverse for 2, GM follows it with a yard. CW runs behind a JeffNights KRB for another first down, this one for 18 yards. GM would carry for 2, but we would be stopped at the goal line on 4th down. Screw this. Let's kick it. Our kicker hits the soft 18 yarder. 3-0.

Mizzou would gain a first down on 3 plays, but is forced to punt on the next series. None of the FOFCers were noted for a play. Ragone calls a fair catch at our 30.

CW goes for a yard on 1st, but GM loses 2 on 3rd. We're on our 37. Our offensive coordinator convinces me we can get it. Let's go. Playaction pass to a TE, but our QB is hurried. The pass falls incomplete. Darn coordinator.

Three plays later, Mizzou would score a TD. Wake up FOFC defenders! 7-3.

As the 2nd quarter comes upon us, we have the ball on our 18. First and 10.

Mizzou 7, St. Louis 3.
Old 07-21-2004, 05:47 PM   #310
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Indoor wakes from his blocking slump, and throws a KRB for the fullback. The run goes for 14. Unfortunately, we're called for holding on the next play. CW reels off 5 yards, thanks in part to JeffNights. His next carry goes for no gain, however. It forces a pass on 3rd down, which I hate to do. Our QB throws an INT, returned to the STL 44.

Lokugh registers the first FOFC tackle. Unfortunately, it came on a 17 yard run off tackle. Two runs later, they're in again. 14-3.

Fortunately, a good return puts us on our 37. CW carries for 3 on 2nd down, but is stopped for no gain on 3rd down. We'll have to punt. Mizzou takes over on their 38.

Blade6119 is pissed. He stops a run for a yard loss on first down. Unfortunately, it doesn't help as both he and Ragone have to chase a receiver down after a 31 yard gain on 3rd and long. Lokugh provides an assist on the next play, and on 3rd down Blade6119 and vtbub combine for a stop behind the line of scrimmage. Mizzou executes a coffin corner punt to our 3 yard line. Hey, it was a stop. Good job, fellas.

CW runs for 8 yards on 2 carries, but we're stopped on 3rd. Darn offense. Punt team!

Kudos to...well...someone.
STLS 7 Fisher punted 40 yards from the STLS12.
MIZZ 28 Caldwell returned the ball 1 yard to the MIZZ49.
Tackled by STLS 7 Fisher.
Extra point by STLS 16 Keaton was good.

Lost in translation...the guy who recovered the fumble and scored. Keep your fingers crossed, indoor! 14-10.

Nothing notable on the next drive, unless you are SirFozzie. He registers a key stop. His tackle sets up a 4th down, giving us the ball back with just over a minute remaining in the half. We take over on our 11. Let's just run the ball out and go to the half.

CW carries twice for 3 yards, and I get my wish.

Halftime:

Missouri 14, St. Louis 10.

Last edited by Poli : 07-21-2004 at 05:48 PM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 06:01 PM   #311
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Mizzou takes the 2nd half kick, and goes to work. Blade6119 registers a tackle quickly, as does vtbub. Mizzou is forced to punt. An incredible punt sends Ragone to our 4. He returns the ball to our 14. I kind of wish he let that one fall in and take our chances with a touchback. Oh well. Let's go O.

GM carries for 7 on 2nd down, and for 5 and a first down on the next play. CW joins in for a yard, then 4 and 7 more. Unfortunately, we don't get a first down. Punt team! Mizzou takes over on their 26.

Unfortunately, we're not able to stop them here. Ragone provides an assist on a 45 yard pass and a tackle later on, but they score anyway. They do miss the XP, however. 20-10.

Nfg22 gives us a KRB on 3rd and 10, and we're in business. CW carries 6 times for 27 yards. GM would contribute 2 carries for 3 yards, but is injured on the 2nd carry. We'll have to monitor that situation. KRBs provided by JeffNights, JeeberD (2), and finkenst.

Unfortunately, our great O-line is called for holding 2 times in a row as the 3rd quarter ends. 2 and 29 on the Mizzou 36 as we head to the 4th down by 10.

Mizzou 20, STL 10.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:16 PM   #312
Poli
FOFC Survivor

CW carries for 11, but we're whistled for a false start before the next play. Dang it! Tucker drops a 3rd down pass. 4th and 23 on their 30. Yeah, like I have a play in our playbook for this. We try one anyways, and it fails. Darn O-line!!

Blade6119 and vtbub combine for the first stop, while Ragone is credited with a stop on the next play. Unfortunately, it's a first down. We do eventually stop them at our 46. Their punter pins us down to our 12. Come on offense. Let's do something this time.

GM is healthy and carries for 8 on 2nd down. JeeberD provides a KRB on 3rd down. GM runs outside for 28, thanks again to JeeberD. CW carries once for no gain, and we go over the top on 3rd and 10. Tucker makes a spectacular catch for a gain of 46!! First and goal on the 3!

CW catches a flare pass on the next play for a TD! 20-17.

6:21 left in the game.

Unfortunately, our kickoff team breaks down and kicker makes the tackle on our 42. Lokugh makes a tackle on the next play, followed by Blade6119. Unfortunately, the best we can hope for is a turnover or field goal at this point. Neither happens and Mizzou scores. 27-17.

Two plays into our next series, Mizzou intercepts the ball on our 43. Sigh. Wow. Lokugh makes a stop on 3rd down, but not before Mizzou would shoot themselves in the foot with 3 straight penalties. The punt goes out of bounds at our 34.

2:38 left.

Three deep balls are completed, one to tucker for 29 yards. He makes a 9 yard TD reception to end the drive. We may have taken too much time, though. 27-24.

Mizzou recovers the onside kick at our 45. Ragone gives us two tackles, and Lokugh one, but our defense just wasn't up to the task. Even with three timeouts, we can't get the ball back.

Final

Missouri 27, St. Louis 24.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:17 PM   #313
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The backup fullback was credited for the fumble return during the punt play in question.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:19 PM   #314
Poli
FOFC Survivor

CW was mentioned during Player of the Week talk. He carried 23 times for 94 yards. One reception for 3 and a TD.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:33 PM   #315
Poli
FOFC Survivor

For the season:

#26 RB Coffee Warlord: 90 attempts, 360 yards, 1 TD. 3 receptions for 36 yards, 1 TD. 2 fumbles. 22 Cardinals on your helmet.

#23 RB General Mike: 41 attempts, 194 yards, 1 TD. 1 reception, 18 yards, 1 TD. 13 Cardinals on your helmet.

#95 TE Mizzourah: Injured, Questionable. Target of one pass. 2 attempts, 19 yards (sorry I missed this somehow, but I recall it now, my bad). 33 plays on the season. 1 Cardinal on your helmet.

#1 WR tucker342: 9 receptions, 155 yards, 1 TD. 8 attempts, 107 yards, 1 TD. 3 tackles. 10 Cardinals on your helmet.

#59 C indoorsoccersim: 13 KRB in 36 opps. 2 tackles, 1 forced fumble, 2 fumble recoveries.. 17 Cardinals on your helmet.

#69 G nfg22: 16 KRB in 44 opps. 2 tackles. 17 Cardinals on your helmet.

#75 G JeffNights: 11 KRB in 42 opps. 2 sacks allowed. 1 tackle. 11 Cardinals on your helmet.

#73 T JeeberD: 8 KRB in 22 opps. 1 sack allowed. 9 Cardinals on your helmet.

#63 T Finkenst: 2 KRB in 5 opps. 1 sack allowed. 1 fumble recovery. 3 Cardinals on your helmet.

#48 OLB Lokugh: 15 tackles, 6 assists. 2 tackles for loss. 7 receptions allowed. 7 Cardinals on your helmet.

#55 OLB vtbub: Injured, probable. 7 tackles, 5 assists, 1 tackle for loss. 1 QB hurry. 2 receptions allowed. 5 Cardinals on your helmet.

#36 CB Ragone: 13 receptions allowed, 1 tipped pass, 21 tackles, 5 assists, 3 tackles for loss. 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery. 8 punt returns, 34 yards. 10 Cardinals on your helmet.

#25 CB SirFozzie: 1 interception. 6 receptions allowed, 1 tipped pass. 7 tackles, 2 assists. 4 Cardinals on your helmet.

#22 S Blade6119: 13 receptions allowed, 1 tipped pass, 19 tackles, 5 assists. 7 Cardinals on your helmet.

Our next game is a home game. It's our conference opener against Joplin (1-3).
Old 07-26-2004, 02:03 PM   #316
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Nothing much to report in the recruiting area. Three potential players are visiting as we play Joplin this weekend. We have 21 scholarships available (hamstrung to 16), and right now we have 18 on the radar.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:12 PM   #317
Dawgfan1980
H.S. Freshman Team

Coach, save me a scholarship! I'm ready to show this people what a guy in puke green socks and jock can do!
Old 07-26-2004, 02:17 PM   #318
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Turns out Joplin (1-3, 0-0) runs the double wing as well. It's an easy prep week for us. We're favored to win by 9.

61 degrees and fair weather in St. Louis today. Joplin wins the toss and elects to receive. They take over on their 32. Ragone does his part with a tackle and an assist. His tackle forces a fumble, but Joplin recovers. Unfortunately, our other corner is burned deep. Tackles by Lokugh and vtbub don't stop the bleeding. Touchdown, Joplin. 7-0.

Touchback on the kickoff. CW follows an indoor KRB for 10, and a JeffNights KRB for 10. Indoor paves a FB run for 5, but in the end we punt on that series. The punt is downed at the Joplin 21. Well, at least indoor is awake.

Blade6119 makes a desperate tackle, and Lokugh makes a stop on the play after that. Despite our early jitters, we force a punt. Ragone loses a yard on the punt and we take over on our 26. Yes, the punt was that bad.

CW carries 3 times for 11, GM once for 5, and indoor provides 2 more KRBs. Despite this, we end the 1st quarter with a 3rd and 11, on their 46.

Joplin 7, St. Louis 0.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:18 PM   #319
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgfan1980
Coach, save me a scholarship! I'm ready to show this people what a guy in puke green socks and jock can do!

You'll be in this recruiting class for sure.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:30 PM   #320
Poli
FOFC Survivor

A lob to tucker for the first down falls incomplete to start the 2nd quarter. Our punt is blocked and recovered on our 42.

Great.

Fortunately, the D answers the call. Joplin gets cocky and goes for it, but fails on 4th down. We take over on our 39.

CW carries 5 times for 25 yards, tucker once for 2 yards on a key 3rd down, and GM took it in for us from 9 yards out to tie the game. Indoor, nfg22, and jeeberd all provided a KRB. 7-7.

Lokugh provides a tackle, and Ragone is credited with running past a lineman to break up a play. The result? 4th down and a punt. Ragone returns it 7 yards to the Joplin 49 with 3:24 left in the half.

CW provides carries of 10 (indoor KRB) and 3 yards, and a 35 yard pass to our FB out of the backfield goes for a TD. Never underestimate the power of "The Annexation of Puerto Rico" play. 14-7. 1:40 left in the half.

Blade6119 forces a punt on 3rd down with a tackle, but honestly, there's only 2 seconds left in the half. Ragone calls a fair catch on the punt to end the half.

Joplin 7, St. Louis 14,
Old 07-26-2004, 02:45 PM   #321
Poli
FOFC Survivor

We take the 2nd half kickoff to our 21, where the offense takes over. CW takes a screen pass for 12 to start us off. Tucker follows with a reverse for 8 (thank you, indoor). FB carries provide the first down, barely.

Mizzourah makes a 20 yard reception, his first of the season. It's followed by another TE reception, and an 18 yard FB dive for a TD. Credit JeeberD for springing it. 21-7.

Uh oh. Vtbub comes off the field again. He was already 'probable'. But he appears ok. Both he and Lokugh make tackles later in the drive. Ragone provides a stop on 3rd down to force a punt, though. He returns the punt 7 yards to our 35 yard line.

CW carries for 9, but neither he or the FB can get the last yard. We send out the punt team. Joplin calls a fair catch at their 20.

6 penalties later, we take the ball over on our 26. Incredible drive, let me tell you.

CW carries 3 times for 16 yards (thanks to JeffNights for a KRB). It was the fullback, though that carried twice for more than 60 yards total, behind blocks from indoor and jeeberd. Tucker gets us in on a reverse from 3 yards out behind nfg22. 28-7.

3 incompletes later, Joplin punts to Ragone, who loses 2 yards and fumbles the ball away to Joplin. Darn you. Joplin on our 47. Lokugh ends the 3rd with a tackle, but Joplin is on our 23 with a first and 10.

Joplin 7, St. Louis 28.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:54 PM   #322
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Lokugh provides an assist on the first play, and back to back sacks force a FG try. It's good. 28-10.

Mizzourah carries on a TE reverse for 5, and is speared on the play. We get some yardage there as well.

GM gets a carry for 3, and tucker carries once for 2 as well. Unfortunately, he drops a TD pass as well. CW carries 4 times for 15 yards a TD from 7 yards out. 35-10.

Joplin moves downfield, but is forced to punt again. This time, Ragone squeezes the ball and gains a yard in the process. We take over on our 12. 4:19 left in the game.

CW carries twice for no yardage, and GM carries once for 3. We send the ball back. Joplin takes over on our 48.

A few plays later, the game is over.

Final score

Joplin 10, St. Louis 35.

The win gives us a 3-2 record overall, and an opening conference win.

Next week we play at North Texas.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:56 PM   #323
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Indoor takes home the game ball.

Indoor and CW are mentioned in the players of the week.
Old 07-26-2004, 04:18 PM   #324
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I heart my line.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 06:39 PM   #325
JeeberD
General Manager

Glad I had a good game and that the team kicked bootie...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 12:57 PM   #326
Poli
FOFC Survivor

For the season:

#26 RB Coffee Warlord: 115 attempts, 475 yards, 2 TD. 4 receptions for 48 yards, 1 TD. 2 fumbles. 30 Cardinals on your helmet.

#23 RB General Mike: 45 attempts, 214 yards, 2 TD. 1 reception, 18 yards, 1 TD. 15 Cardinals on your helmet.

#95 TE Mizzourah: Injured, Probable. Target of two passes. 1 reception, 20 yards. 3 attempts, 24 yards (sorry I missed this somehow, but I recall it now, my bad). 43 plays on the season. 3 Cardinals on your helmet.

#1 WR tucker342: 9 receptions, 155 yards, 1 TD. 2 dropped passes. 12 attempts, 122 yards, 2 TD. 3 tackles. 13 Cardinals on your helmet.

#59 C indoorsoccersim: 22 KRB in 52 opps. 2 tackles, 1 forced fumble, 2 fumble recoveries.. 27 Cardinals on your helmet.

#69 G nfg22: 18 KRB in 52 opps. 2 tackles. 19 Cardinals on your helmet.

#75 G JeffNights: 13 KRB in 50 opps. 2 sacks allowed. 1 tackle. 13 Cardinals on your helmet.

#73 T JeeberD: 11 KRB in 29 opps. 1 sack allowed. 12 Cardinals on your helmet.

#63 T Finkenst: 2 KRB in 5 opps. 1 sack allowed. 1 fumble recovery. 3 Cardinals on your helmet.

#48 OLB Lokugh: 20 tackles, 7 assists. 2 tackles for loss. 9 receptions allowed, 1 INT. 9 Cardinals on your helmet.

#55 OLB vtbub: 9 tackles, 5 assists, 1 tackle for loss. 1 QB hurry. 3 receptions allowed. 5 Cardinals on your helmet.

#36 CB Ragone: 13 receptions allowed, 1 tipped pass, 23 tackles, 6 assists, 3 tackles for loss. 1 fumble, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery. 13 punt returns, 46 yards. 13 Cardinals on your helmet.

#25 CB SirFozzie: 1 interception. 6 receptions allowed, 1 tipped pass. 7 tackles, 2 assists. 4 Cardinals on your helmet.

#22 S Blade6119: 13 receptions allowed, 1 tipped pass, 21 tackles, 5 assists. 9 Cardinals on your helmet.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:26 PM   #327
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Hey Ardent, any update on this?
Old 08-11-2004, 06:35 PM   #328
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Kind of on hold for the time being. I have a rating exam next month for advancement to E-6. I've spent most of my free time lately with that.

I have thought about posting a question a day here in the dynasty forum on the electronics technician material I'm studying.