Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-17-2003, 10:22 AM   #1
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer

They put you on the pavement, they put you on the snow, now Activision is putting you on water. I rented this game, and you surf. You start out with three beaches, and one board. I chose Kelly Slater to be my character. You can start out the game in career mode, with the indoor wave house, in Japan, and one of your buddies will hook you up with the basics. Then you move onto competitions, photo shoots, and just plain Score x amount of points. At the compettions you are judged on tube, face, and air tricks. At your first contest, you are expected to place 3 or highr. Then it goes up. While you have main goals to complete there are optional goals,. These open up cheats, surfers, boards, etc. At the photo shoots, you are expected to either get xxx amount of points in three photos, xxxx amoounts of points in one photo, or xxx amount of points doing a specia trick in one photo. What's reallly cool about photo shoots, is that you pick your favorite picture, and the game puts it into your scarpbook on the cover of a surfing magazine. Throughout the game you open up beaches, boards, cheats, special surfers, (I got Travis Pastrana), and a personality suit. These are weird. With Kelly Slater I got a demon looking character.

If you watn to learn the waves without a time constraitn, they have infintie time mode, where you can surf any beach you open up, for any amount of time.

The waves are nice, some are huge all the time, so flatten out, some you can't ride in the tube. The water graphics are nice, and it responds to where you surf.

Overall I would recomend this game to anyone that liked Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, or Shaun Palmer Pro Snowborader, or anyone that wants to try a surfing game. I really had fun playing it.

illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote