Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-29-2001, 07:51 AM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Post A TNM Dynasty: UPWF starts up

Well, I'm going to start a TNM Fed Dynasty report here, to show you guys how it runs and have some fun at the same time. Here's some ground rules:

1) I may not hire any World Champions from the "Big 3" over the last two years.

2) I will have a max of 25 wrestlers on roster at one time.

3) All matches will be simmed and not booked. (IE, none of the matches outcome will be pre-determined)

My Fed will be the UPWF, the Ultimate Pro Wrestling Federation. Formed after the recent acquisition of WCW by WWF, we intend to give the fans an alternative from the McMahon empire. We prefer smaller, faster guys to big hulking maniacs (no pun intended). We may pick up folks from Lucha Libre (Mexico) or the various Japanese wrestling leagues, but 90-95% of the talent that you see will be from North America. There will be two titles to start, the UPWF Heavyweight Championship, and the UPWF Tag Team Championship.

Step 1) Hiring time!

I quickly decided to hire 10 Faces, and 10 Heels, to provide a good setup. Here's the Faces (the Good Guys)

Billy Kidman
Rey Misterio Jr
Jeff Hardy
Matt Hardy
Dustin Rhodes
Shane Helms
Shannon Moore
Sting
Ultimo Dragon
Tommy Dreamer

Yes, a lot of ECW/WCW in there, with the Hardyz being my only WWF Raid among this group. I figure that it'll make the teenage girls go wild with the pretty boys, and I'll ask Ultimo Dragon and Sting to do a lot of the main event work.

And now, the men you love to hate, the Heels. (bad guys)

Alex Wright
Disco Inferno
Buh Buh Ray Dudley
D-Von Dudley
Spike Dudley
Jerry Lynn
Little Guido
Rob Van Dam
Sabu
Spike Dudley
Tracey Smothers

There's quite a few title contenders in there for the bad guys. RVD and Sabu, when they aren't fighting each other, are legit title contenders, and with the Dudleys back to their "legit bad-ass" technique, instead of getting crowd reaction about an inanimate piece of wood, well this oughta be interesting.

Here's the tag teams:

The Filthy Animals (Kidman/Misterio)

The FBI (Full Blooded Italians) Little
Guido/Tracey Smothers

Rob Van Dam/Sabu

The Dudley Boyz (Any 2 of D-Von, Spike, and Buh Buh)

3-Count (Shannon Moore and Shane Helms)

The Hardy Boyz (Jeff and Matt Hardy)

The Dancing Fools (Alex Wright/Disco Inferno)
Card 1: UPWF GO!

GO! is our weekly TV Show, and we're going to be having 5 matches on the card. It's going to be first round UPWF Tag Titles action, and at the end of the night, 4 teams will remain in the hunt for tag title glory. And in our Main Event, Sting and the Ultimo Dragon will take on Jerry Lynn, and Little Spike Dudley in a CAGE match.

(Tag) Match 1: Dancing Fools (Wright/Inferno) vs Dudleys (D-Von/Buh Buh)

(Tag) Match 2: Filthy Animals (Misterio/Kidman) vs 3-Count (Helms/Moore)

(Tag) Match 3: The Hardy Boyz (Matt/Jeff) vs the FBI (Smothers/Guido)

(Tag) Match 4: Rob Van Dam and Sabu vs Tommy Dreamer/Dustin Rhodes

MAIN EVENT: In a STEEL CAGE
Sting/Ultimo Dragon vs Jerry Lynn/Little Spike Dudley

To be posted TONIGHT

SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 08:03 AM   #2
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, if you're running a professional wrestling sim, how exactly does that work?

Does the gamer sit down and write a script for who will do what and who will win, and then just sit back and watch them play it out? Is the challenge in the game writing the clever little on-screen dramas that unfold before and after the "match"? Do you get to design the large men's little masks and tights? Or perhaps it's planning the various dosages in the syringes for the "training" for the performers that's the real strategic element?

Just curious... I understand the notion of simulated sports, but I'm really not too familiar with things like simulated "sports entertainment."
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 02:56 PM   #3
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ha Ha Ha, no this is more a mental thing, you CAN book the matches (ie come up with all the different moves and that kind of thing), but I prefer to let it go out on it's own, based on the stats each wrestler has (workrate, Charisma, Push)

Old 03-29-2001, 03:09 PM   #4
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

FWIW, you can export the HTML so you do you have to write card results.

QS: It's more about just sitting back and watching how your fed develops. Some people like to make their fed exactly how they want it by booking matches, but it's more about watching what course the promotion takes. Also, you can edit the types of matches, which can be really cool. Great for people who have great imagination.

------------------
Exacto knives are a necessary evil!