Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-04-2001, 10:09 AM   #1
TheRoyalOne

Post Wyoming Wildfire 2019

This thread marks the progress of the Wyoming Wildfire, a franchise being operated under the GroupThink concept. This is the year 2019-year three of the fledgling expansion team's existence.

If you'd like to read through the details for year one and two, including some helpful background on the concept and the rules involved, here is a link:

Wyoming Wildfire, 2017
Wyoming Wildfire, 2018

The basic concept of GroupThink (a deliberately temporary name that seems to have stuck) is that we have several forum participants working together to manage an FOF 2001 franchise. Several people have defined roles, and many others are just ad-hoc contributors, which is very welcome.

The principal managers of the team are:

Owner: QuikSand
General Manager: TheRoyalOne
Director of Scouting & Player Personnel(Veterans): RPI-Fan
Director of Scouting & Player Personnel(Young): Daimyo
Offensive Coordinator: FishFan
Defensive Coordinator: Subby
Salary Cap and Financial Advisor: ez
Director of PR & Marketing: Fritz

We've had very helpful participation from a number of others, and welcome any more. The job of the people listed above manage the various input, as it relates to their field, and to implement things into a sound strategy.

If you'd like to download the game files, you may do so here:

Current Wildfire Game Files
(as of March 4, morning)

Important: By downloading the file. You are agreeing to play by our rules. Chief among them is no simming ahead. If you want to join in and comment, fine-but do not interfere with everyone's enjoyment by violating this concept.

That said, we'll be having several different people manage their portions of the season, and we'll use this thread as a home for the reports and updates on our progress. Discussion and debate about team decisions and so forth will continue to be housed in the main forum, generally in threads labeled with the "WW:" or "GroupThink:" indicators.

Feel free to chime in, your input is welcome…

As for initial 2019 issues
Financially we are improving, we made a 58% improvement over 2017, posting "only" a $75,580,000 loss.

The salary cap has risen $8,100,000 to $182,500,000.

The league's minimum salary has risen $20,000 to $580,000.

Please welcome the following players for induction into the Hall of Fame this season:
Olindo Mare
Courtney Brown
Rob Morris
Deon Grant
Phil Cardinell
Lamont Morrison

We've recently signed our coach and scout to long term deals, I'll look in week 3 but we will probably hold steady. Ronald Shepard is the only viable replacement. Marco Fox is currently making $350,000 a year and has 4 years remaining on his contract. His weakness at quarterback is a problem for us, we'll go back to Shepard whose only weakness is at wideout. We sign him for 5 years $200,000 and save some money to boot.

We only have 3 UFAs: Riddols, Clark and Jiminez. None are worthy of the Franchise Tag and we move on into the Free Agent period. 45 players signed, 44.5 million under the cap. We have the #11 pick this year.

We do receive our first passing Trade Offer:
DE Jeffrey Webster for QB Heath Curtis and the 17th pick in the 3rd round from the Jaguars. Declined.

We're now into RPI-Fan territory for the FA signing period.

[This message has been edited by TheRoyalOne (edited 03-04-2001).]

Old 03-04-2001, 10:29 AM   #2
QuikSand
lolzcat

Some editing above may be necessary (year references need to be updated, etc.)

One thing to add:

- - -

To access the game files, you will need to use the community access codes:

username: GroupThink
password: wildfire

The freedrive system has been a bit temperamental and slow, but it should work within a few tries.

- - -

QuikSand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2001, 10:49 AM   #3
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
We do receive our first passing Trade Offer:
DE Jeffrey Webster for QB Heath Curtis and the 17th pick in the 3rd round from the Jaguars. Declined.

I'm assuming, from context, that this trade offer came in at the beginning of the free agency period, and is still technically on the table for us.

In this group-oriented challenge, I think we need to at least give lip service to the notion of joint decision-making. While this is unlikely to be a deal we'd want to do, our structure makes it very easy for us to make a collective decision on a trade offer we receive. If it passes the fairness test, then by definition, it can be sent back to the offering team and accepted, before the first FA stage is run. I think that we shoud leave that discussion open (again, mainly just in concept-- this one probably isn't worth much chatter).

Old 03-04-2001, 10:58 AM   #4
TheRoyalOne

I suppose we could open it for discussion, as the final decision maker of that aspect, I wouldn't have ever accepted it anyway, I mentioned it for the simple fact that we hadn't had one pass the fairness test until then.
Old 03-04-2001, 12:07 PM   #5
QuikSand
lolzcat

My perspective is that this is a question of: what kind of enterprise is this?

-Are we vasically running (as ez described) a "Village" team where one person is completely autonomous with his portions of the sim?

-Or are we running a team where we all participate, and then we have various people in charge of taking in all the input, and distilling it into their judgment of the best decision?

While I understand your opinion in this deal, I'm not comfortable with the notion that the sections of the game that you control are simply not up for discussion. You hired a new scout, you kept our current coach, you unilaterally decided to skip the franchise tag, and you (sort of) rejected a trade all without any outside input.

Hey, it keep things moving, which I support. But at the same time, we are supposedly running this as a participatory project. I don't disagree with any one of your individual decisions (though I didn't get a chance to look at our options at coach and scout) but I'm raising these questions on process. I'd like to get them resolved now, so we don't have to have this discussion in the midst of some major controversy. (What if you had unilaterally decided to skip the franchise tag, even though we had a player that many people wanted to tag? What if Daimyo just posted a file, saying "here's the entire draft, already run-- I just liked these redliners, and decided to to the whole thing without anyone's input")

Let's talk all this through now, while we're still shaping this thing. I'm honestly not trying to force my will on anyone... just trying to make things clear on how the railroad is being run.
Old 03-04-2001, 12:17 PM   #6
TheRoyalOne

Very understandable. If we want I can get the file back to the pre scout/coach stage and do it over. My read on the situation was that people, particulary you QuikSand, were getting impatient with the time it took to move on and we went forward.

Much the same way that the FA period moved forward in twice the time and the Draft moved forward in twice the time without as much imput going through. And the Season simming section was completely non-existent when it comes to group interaction.

A choice needs to be made. Go slower, thus without a "concrete schedule" as to allow more group input, or set the schedule and let more decisions be made by the appropriate parties. With the total group discussion there is no need for "responsibilities", while the faster schedule approach leaves certain people making judgement calls that some may not like but in a role playing sense, that is what we want.

I'm for either, it just seemed that things were leaning towards the faster way.
Old 03-04-2001, 01:03 PM   #7
QuikSand
lolzcat

TRO, I'm glad you're not taking offense to my comments-- we seem to be on the same page. I realize that I exuded frustration with the pacing issues from last season, and I'm not trying to be inconsistent-- I still support having this move frialy quickly.

My thinking is that perhaps we can go with a pretty brisk schedule, but doing so might require that we do have some discussion in advance. For exemple... as the season is being simmed, we start a discussion thread on whether we want to make a change with our coach or scout. We use that to give some direction to the GM, who then perhaps executes that step quickly, using his own judgment. At the same time, perhaps it;'s the responsibility of the financial analyst to review ticket prices, and a recommendation should be on the GM's "desk" by the time of the next pre-season opening stage.

Similarly, we can have a nice discussion about the draft now, and can come pretty close to havgin our first pick made even before we see who gets taken ahead of us-- this can cut down the time needed to run the draft. I think some forward-thinking might be the best split between the "participation every step" versus "move quickly with discretion" concepts.

Personally, I'm comfy with the decisions you made this season, and I see no reason to even entertain re-doing anything. I'd just like to have a sense that everyone knows what to expect, and we're not there yet.
Old 03-04-2001, 01:07 PM   #8
Daimyo
College Starter

I think the scout and coach are probably more important than any single player (seriously) so I would like to take whatever time is necessary to decide on these positions as a group. Perhaps Subby and Fishfan should have the most input on the coach and RPI-fan and I should have the most input on the scout. Although I am not complaining, personally I strongly wish we had opened the pocketbooks a little more to get an all-league scout. I really think it saves money in the long run because with a bad scout you end up paying bad players more than they're worth.

I would especially advocate getting a scout with at least very good in quarterback and linebackers and at least excellent in young talent. We *NEED* a good QB. Subby's has said all along he needs good linebackers. As for the yougn talent... We get one chance per year to get a career starter in FA (and even less once we get near the salary cap). I would guess through the draft we can about two career starters per year. (24 "starters", average career of 10 years, means we need to bring on 2.4 starter calber players per year). Therefore, young talent is extremely important.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2001, 02:03 PM   #9
The Mike
High School Varsity

Not trying to be the peanut gallery here - but perhaps you should throw Subby some defensive talent - 390some points allowed in a year?? Yikes!
Old 03-04-2001, 02:09 PM   #10
TheRoyalOne

FWIW, I didn't see any EXC young talent scouts what were adequate elsewhere. Our new old scout has only one glaring weakness, WR.

As for Subby, he hasn't gotten our 2 top FA picks for his defense so they have been ready to play. Granted he could use a little more help, but we're trying to get it to him.
Old 03-04-2001, 09:42 PM   #11
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

After a solid day's worth of discussion, I've come to the conclusion that people feel the best choice for a FA pursuee is DT Wes Barton. He's asking for 32/3, but I nudge that up to 33/3 distributing the extra mil evenly.

As for our re-signees, it's pretty much gradually come to a concensus that none of them are worth signing right now at least, and probably not at all, though if anyone feels otherwise speak now so we'll have a chance to grab them later in FA.

After Week 1, Tennessee (his old team is Miami) has thrown a 49/4 deal at Barton. This really brings up a tough point - do we match this, or decide on a new target. For now, I'll throw him a deal of 38/3, but if the bidding goes any higher, I'll put the issue up for discussion again. Burtun inks our deal of 38/3 in Week 2, somewhat surprisingly. The offer I put out there was only worth 170K more per year than Tennessee's. Alas, we have a very, very good defensive line.

I sim out to Week 11, but sadly no one of any great value is available, other than a couple decent FBs. None of the OTs we had wanted our still out there.

The file can be found at:
http://www.freedrive.com/ with the login info provided by QS. It's "wildfire2019.zip"

------------------
Secant, Tangent, Cosin, Sin, 3.14159!

[This message has been edited by RPI-Fan (edited 03-04-2001).]
Old 03-04-2001, 10:13 PM   #12
Daimyo
College Starter

Do you know why the file is now 9MB?? or am I looking in the wrong place?
Old 03-04-2001, 10:17 PM   #13
TheRoyalOne

I hope it isn't 9MB, I think you are looking at the total drive space used which accounts for all three zip files.
Old 03-04-2001, 10:31 PM   #14
Daimyo
College Starter

No... it shows the size for each file...

2017 was about 2, 2018 was about 4, and 2019 was over 9... I don't mind too much because I can still access it at work, but i think it might certainly dampen outside participation....
Old 03-05-2001, 07:45 AM   #15
QuikSand
lolzcat

I agree... I'm in the middle of the 9MB+ download, and that's simply too big. We'll have to pare that down if we want this little exercise to be even remotely accessible to anyone outside the front office staff. Hell, we're having enough trouble just keeping one another in the loop.

When I get it open, I'll check out the contents and see what might be removable. (Do we have extra *.gfa files in there, perhaps?)
Old 03-05-2001, 07:57 AM   #16
QuikSand
lolzcat

Okay, the mystery is solved, at least in part. The 9MB file is large because it contains two nested universe directories. When unpacked, it will create two different sets of game files:

...FOF2001/universe
and
...FOF2001/universe/universe

It appears that the subsidiary direcory (the one listed second above) is superfluous. I'm deleting mine, and hoping that the ting will still work okay. If not, I'll post here.

Clusterfuck...
Old 03-05-2001, 08:47 AM   #17
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Instead of just replacing all the old files when zipping it up, I'll make a new zip and rename it to be sure this doesn't happen again.

I'm putting the ~5MB file on FreeDrive as we speak (the .fga files account for about half the unzipped size of the universe directory, if not more). The file is "wildfire2019.zip"

[This message has been edited by RPI-Fan (edited 03-05-2001).]
Old 03-05-2001, 09:28 AM   #18
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Catch all the latest news HERE

Please let me know if these add flavor or are unwanted fluff.

[This message has been edited by Fritz (edited 03-05-2001).]
Old 03-05-2001, 09:38 AM   #19
Daimyo
College Starter

I like them fritz
Old 03-05-2001, 12:11 PM   #20
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

(Going to try a table format for the FA bids, following each player seperately.)

2nd 10 Stages FA Bids
Player Notes
FB Grady Sudderth Holding back until demands go down from 5.8/2 to the 5/2 range; request is decreasing by about 100K per week; listens to 5.5/2 offer in Week 13 - I decide not to push things; signs with KCY for 5.58/2 in Week 14
LB Austin Gunn Offer 9/3 - bonus free; signs in Week 12
S/KR/PR Mitch Powell Offer 3.5/2 - bonus free; pending in Week 12; signs in Week 13
- -
T JT Hodges Is still available in Week 14; I decide to pursue since there is no one else who anyone has expressed much interest in left; 5.5/3 bonus-free offer; signs in Week 15

------------------
Secant, Tangent, Cosin, Sin, 3.14159!

[This message has been edited by RPI-Fan (edited 03-05-2001).]
Old 03-05-2001, 04:21 PM   #21
Daimyo
College Starter

The draft is moving along nicely...

Here it is so far (updated as we pick)

1. Greenville - Zonnefeld, Winfred, QB, Middle Tenn. St.
2. Tampa Bay - Colman, Xavier, RB, Kentucky
3. Tennessee - Hines, Monty, DE, Georgia
4. Richmond - Cobb, Terry, DT, New Hampshire
5. New Orleans - Morse, Dustin, WR, Illinois
6. St. Louis - Blake, Matthew, T, Iowa
7. Cleveland - Terry, Levon, WR, East New Mexico
8. Washington - Carter, Terrell, LB, Texas - El Paso
9. Chicago - Reese, Roy, LB, Wake Forest
10. New England - Brennan, Tommy, DT, Jacksonville State
11. Wyoming - Petkovich, Hardy, S, Ohio State
12. Baltimore - Thornton, Clarence, WR, Pittsburgh
13. New York J - Andersen, Ethan, RB, Michigan State
14. Buffalo - Paredes, Roger, DE, Oregon
15. Dallas - Denning, Buddy, LB, Concordia, Wisc.
16. Carolina - McElroy, Phillip, QB, Southern California
17. Jacksonville - Ogden, Dwight, DE, Iowa State
18. Oakland - Hester, John, QB, Kansas State
19. Miami - Turner, Don, DE, Wake Forest
20. Chicago - Gomez, Colin, QB, Minnesota
21. Green Bay - Cambell, Brad, DE, Washington State
22. San Francisco - McBride, Nate, TE, Southern California
23. Portland - Cornish, Jimmie, T, Michigan
24. Tennessee - Asquith, Jeffrey, DE, Arkansas Tech
25. Minnesota - Reynolds, Wade, RB, Central Michigan
26. New York G - Croteau, Bubba, DE, Brown
27. San Diego - McElroy, Benjamin, WR, California
28. Kansas City - Zeigafuse, Toby, TE, Virginia Tech
29. Pittsburgh - Rivers, Mike, G, VMI
30. Baltimore - Stuart, Scottie, G, Minnesota
31. Indianapolis - Sherman, Harry, CB, Syracuse
32. Denver - Cordova, Irving, WR, Arizona State
33. Atlanta - Van Horne, Matthew, TE, North Dakota State
34. Philadelphia - Kennedy, Dwayne, TE, Iowa State
35. Cincinnati - Morton, Shawn, S, Oklahoma State
36. Detroit - Welch, Carl, WR, Miami, Florida
37. Greenville - Stevenson, Austin, DT, Louisville
38. Tampa Bay - Deason, Lenny, G, Penn State
39. Tennessee - Velasquez, Brenden, DT, San Jose State
40. Richmond - Schofer, Donny, LB, East Carolina
41. New Orleans - Lyons, Mitch, TE, Miami, Florida
42. St. Louis - Gandy, Calvin, RB, Baylor
43. Cleveland - Duncan, Jose, DT, Colorado
44. Washington - Freeland, Shaun, WR, Michigan State
45. Los Angeles - Weber, Percy, WR, North Carolina State
46. New England - Woods, Cole, WR, Auburn
47. Wyoming - Feely, Jerome, T, Vanderbilt
48. Seattle - Booth, Heath, T, Syracuse
49. New York J - Rutherford, Jermaine, S, Texas A&M
50. Buffalo - McCurry, Larry, CB, Oklahoma
51. Dallas - Bourgeois, Leo, LB, Mars Hill
52. Carolina - Craig, Bo, RB, Maryland
53. Jacksonville - Earley, Butch, T, Western Carolina
54. Oakland - Wiggins, D.J., C, Ohio
55. Miami - Meadows, Ken, TE, Missouri
56. Buffalo - Jobe, Gene, T, California
57. Green Bay - Gunn, Lawrence, WR, UCLA
58. San Francisco - Echevarria, Vincent, WR, UCLA
59. Portland - Elliott, Carlos, WR, Idaho
60. Arizona - Fabrizio, John, T, Kansas State
61. Minnesota - Porter, Roy, DT, Notre Dame
62. New York G - Brady, Jerald, WR, Kansas
63. San Diego - Bloomgarden, Don, WR, North Carolina
64. Kansas City - Lester, Carlos, S, Maryland
65. Pittsburgh - Carpenter, Jackie, T, Auburn
66. Baltimore - Woods, Wesley, CB, Mississippi State
67. Indianapolis - Schulz, Mack, WR, Findlay
68. Denver - Junkin, Ross, S, Arizona State
69. Atlanta - August, Horace, WR, Duke
70. Philadelphia - Shmitz, Tracy, T, Arizona
71. Cincinnati - Abrams, Todd, CB, Purdue
72. Detroit - Dempsey, Blake, T, Stanford
73. Greenville - Trejo, Allen, WR, La Salle
74. Tampa Bay - Wilson, Bruce, T, West Virginia
75. Tennessee - Cline, A.J., T, Bemidji State
76. Richmond - Nielson, Roy, WR, Mississippi State
77. Tampa Bay - Webster, Jack, WR, Minnesota
78. St. Louis - Maxwell, Donald, WR, Rutgers
79. Cleveland - Johnston, Darrell, DE, Tennessee
80. Cleveland - Bailey, John, DE, Nebraska
81. Los Angeles - Greer, Rickey, WR, Hanover
82. New England - Artis, Eddie, T, Arizona State
83. Wyoming - Csonka, Casey, QB, Florida
84. Seattle - Macon, Kenneth, LB, Arizona State
85. New York J - Morrison, Ryan, DT, Pittsburgh
86. Buffalo - Durham, Skip, TE, Virginia
87. Dallas - Ficken, Nick, CB, Iowa
88. Carolina - Vince, Walter, T, Louisiana State
89. Jacksonville - Calderon, Darrin, G, North Carolina State
90. Oakland - Ellison, Blake, P, Jacksonville State
91. Miami - Fitzgerald, Kenneth, DE, California
92. Chicago - Myers, Brad, CB, Wake Forest
93. New England - Ruschak, Korey, LB, Louisiana State
94. San Francisco - Fisk, Jason, DE, W. Vir. Wesleyan
95. Portland - Whelihan, Charlie, WR, Air Force
96. Arizona - McQuitty, Mark, S, Houston
97. Minnesota - Spencer, Spencer, LB, Oklahoma
98. New York G - Barnhardt, Norbert, WR, Wyoming
99. San Diego - Horton, Dennis, DE, Nebraska
100. Kansas City - Patton, Bryant, S, Louisville
101. Pittsburgh - Blanks, Phillip, S, Clemson
102. Baltimore - Barker, Roger, CB, California
103. Indianapolis - Ramirez, Van, LB, Northwestern
104. Denver - Burkhardt, Omar, T, Toledo
105. Atlanta - Lira, Deon, LB, North Carolina State
106. Philadelphia - Cook, Troy, T, Miami, Florida
107. Cincinnati - Robbins, Melvin, CB, Northwestern
108. Detroit - Singleton, Charles, T, Missouri
109. Greenville - Walters, Randall, T, N. Mexico Highlands
110. Tampa Bay - Walzer, Trevor, WR, Virginia
111. Tennessee - Apodaca, Leslie, S, North Carolina
112. Richmond - Buckley, Sammie, T, Maryland
113. New Orleans - Osborne, K.C., S, Virginia Tech
114. St. Louis - Travis, Bo, CB, Cincinnati
115. Cleveland - Hales, Joel, K, UCLA
116. Washington - Downs, Jared, DT, Indiana
117. Los Angeles - Bernstein, Zach, LB, Rice
118. New England - Hicks, Dana, LB, Iowa
119. Wyoming - Cavallo, Leon, TE, Pittsburgh
120. Seattle - Mize, Aaron, DE, Nebraska
121. New York J - Green, Max, P, Cincinnati
122. Buffalo - Roman, Russell, LB, Louisiana Tech
123. Dallas - Rivers, Ray, DE, Tulane
124. Carolina - Flowers, Jonathan, DE, Southern Mississippi
125. Jacksonville - Cote, Johnnie, S, Alabama
126. Oakland - Gillette, Matt, RB, Findlay
127. Miami - Hutton, Carlton, WR, Michigan
128. Chicago - Bell, Rondell, CB, Nebraska Wesleyan
129. Green Bay - Dolan, Junior, LB, Bucknell
130. San Francisco - Burroughs, Donald, DE, Tennessee
131. Portland - Oliver, Quinn, S, Florida State
132. Arizona - Craig, Ken, WR, Illinois
133. Minnesota - Dunn, Clyde, WR, New Mexico
134. New York G - Sanborn, Johnny, DE, Harvard
135. San Diego - Arnold, Lamont, CB, North Carolina State
136. Kansas City - Rose, Stephen, LB, Virginia
137. Pittsburgh - Fields, Randy, CB, West Virginia
138. Baltimore - Carr, Terry, DE, Franklin & Marshall
139. Indianapolis - Renner, Neil, LB, South Carolina
140. Denver - Collins, Ted, T, Oklahoma State
141. Atlanta - Owens, Joey, LB, Alabama
142. Philadelphia - McClendon, Gilbert, WR, Air Force
143. Cincinnati - Chandler, Jumbo, QB, Tennessee - Martin
144. Detroit - O'Neal, George, WR, Minnesota
145. Greenville - Bush, O.J., T, Eastern Tenn. St.
146. Tampa Bay - Calderon, Ronnie, CB, Southern California
147. Tennessee - Miller, Donald, T, Tarleton State
148. Richmond - Landon, Deron, WR, New Mexico State
149. New Orleans - Pappas, Ike, CB, Syracuse
150. St. Louis - Adame, Casey, WR, St. Peter's, NJ.
151. Cleveland - Butler, Nicky, QB, Texas A&M
152. Washington - Bernard, Clyde, QB, Villanova
153. Los Angeles - Manke, Brandon, LB, Oklahoma
154. New England - Stiggers, Tommy, WR, Hawaii
155. Wyoming - Morrison, Tony, RB, Columbia
156. Seattle - Drayton, Ricky, LB, Missouri
157. New York J - Givens, Amos, RB, Oregon
158. Buffalo - Heath, Earl, DE, Oregon State
159. Dallas - Hailey, Donnell, T, Marist
160. Carolina - Drake, Wendell, DE, New Mexico
161. Jacksonville - Reid, K.C., CB, Alabama A&M
162. Oakland - Parrish, Jackie, RB, Texas Tech
163. Miami - Kennedy, Morris, G, Iona
164. Chicago - Whetstone, Rodney, S, Iowa State
165. Green Bay - Rockcliffe, Rick, CB, Hawaii
166. San Francisco - Schroeder, Scottie, C, Oregon
167. Portland - Bryant, Myron, K, Miami, Ohio
168. Arizona - Flack, K.C., WR, Notre Dame
169. Minnesota - Zerillo, Leroy, S, Clemson
170. New York G - Conway, Albert, CB, Florida State
171. San Diego - McDaniels, Jay, CB, Bucknell
172. Kansas City - Parker, Antonio, DT, Texas Tech
173. Pittsburgh - Dumas, Clay, T, Stanford
174. Baltimore - Warren, Curtis, DE, Iowa
175. Indianapolis - Hughes, Ron, WR, James Madison
176. Denver - Barlow, Ike, DE, Indiana
177. Atlanta - Everhart, Brenden, WR, Boston College
178. Philadelphia - Daniels, Duane, WR, Youngstown State
179. Cincinnati - Mott, Rondell, DT, Michigan
180. Detroit - Hopkins, Melvin, CB, California
181. Greenville - Stermer, Jorge, WR, Fairfield
182. Tampa Bay - Rockwell, Jamie, CB, Robert Morris
183. Tennessee - Riley, Percy, RB, Louisville
184. Richmond - Salvatori, A.J., DE, Tulane
185. New Orleans - Harlan, Gino, LB, Duke
186. St. Louis - Craig, Herman, CB, New Mexico State
187. Cleveland - Longwell, Leo, DT, Boston College
188. Washington - Turnbull, Ralph, DE, Boston College
189. Los Angeles - Putnam, Tracy, RB, Kentucky Wesleyan
190. New England - Alcott, Kelly, WR, Georgia Tech
191. Wyoming - Schreiner, Jack, K, Louisiana State
192. Seattle - Bonner, Leslie, T, Prairie View A&M
193. New York J - MacLeod, James, QB, West Virginia
194. Buffalo - Mincey, Casey, LB, Oregon
195. Dallas - Philips, Julio, T, Southern California
196. Carolina - McWilliams, Dwight, T, Kansas State
197. Jacksonville - Crabb, Heath, DE, Alabama
198. Oakland - Wells, Doug, DT, Florida
199. Miami - Sutter, Jackie, WR, Temple
200. Chicago - Diron, Antoine, TE, Notre Dame
201. Green Bay - Kruger, Tony, CB, Oklahoma State
202. San Francisco - Nixon, Bob, DT, Texas A&M
203. Portland - Fitzgerald, Ross, CB, Arizona State
204. Arizona - McDonald, Alfred, CB, Texas
205. Minnesota - Carrion, Ed, LB, Houston
206. New York G - McDonald, Louis, CB, Toledo
207. San Diego - Fiedler, Omar, DE, Wake Forest
208. Kansas City - Ludwig, Tyrus, DT, UCLA
209. Pittsburgh - Burgess, Louis, CB, Brown
210. Baltimore - Rasmussen, Herb, QB, Central Florida
211. Indianapolis - Cox, Leo, DE, Iowa
212. Denver - Tice, Tyrell, DE, Southern Mississippi
213. Atlanta - Ramirez, Cris, T, Arizona State
214. Philadelphia - Thornhill, Gabe, S, Baylor
215. Cincinnati - Mace, Roderick, RB, Arizona
216. Detroit - Glaser, Karl, CB, Toledo
217. Greenville - Schultz, Barry, CB, Indiana
218. Tampa Bay - Payton, Toby, T, Boston College
219. Tennessee - Waite, Cary, QB, UCLA
220. Richmond - Freeman, George, DE, UCLA
221. New Orleans - Moss, Wes, T, West Virginia
222. St. Louis - Bachman, Kent, RB, Boston College
223. Cleveland - Poole, Curtis, C, Ashland
224. Washington - Tapia, Rex, DE, Oregon
225. Los Angeles - Holliday, Tom, C, Memphis
226. New England - Cochrane, Johnny, DE, Texas A&M
227. Wyoming - Torelli, Zach, LB, Mississippi
228. Seattle - Horner, Dwight, CB, Oklahoma State
229. New York J - Grant, Carlton, S, Georgia
230. Buffalo - Burkett, Ricardo, CB, Texas
231. Dallas - Linares, Alex, CB, California
232. Carolina - Bowser, James, CB, South Carolina
233. Jacksonville - Whitfield, Jay, LB, Clemson
234. Oakland - Mathis, Sammie, LB, Pittsburgh
235. Miami - Berry, Donald, RB, Notre Dame
236. Chicago - Linquist, Gary, RB, Oregon
237. Green Bay - Morton, Terrance, RB, Alabama
238. San Francisco - Mooberry, Johnnie, LB, Penn State
239. Portland - Arce, A.J., LB, Oberlin
240. Arizona - Carlson, Grady, T, Marshall
241. Minnesota - Small, Les, WR, Rutgers
242. New York G - Woodson, Dominic, G, Wake Forest
243. San Diego - Florence, Chris, RB, N. Mexico Highlands
244. Kansas City - Stillman, Bob, C, Indiana
245. Pittsburgh - Pearson, Clarence, QB, Houston
246. Baltimore - Green, Jimmie, DT, SW Texas St.
247. Indianapolis - Choate, David, DE, Cincinnati
248. Denver - Vanderkellen, Alfred, CB, Virginia
249. Atlanta - Coffey, Lamar, T, Mississippi State
250. Philadelphia - Ramirez, Eddie, CB, Central Washington
251. Cincinnati - Perlman, Zach, DT, Elon College
252. Detroit - Foley, Jerald, DE, Mount Union

[This message has been edited by Daimyo (edited 03-06-2001).]
Old 03-05-2001, 06:13 PM   #22
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Through this pick I think we have a very good draft!
Old 03-06-2001, 07:45 PM   #23
TheRoyalOne

Discussion on this section can be found here

Specific moves:
Signed:
FB Winters 4yr
G Shultz 4yr
DT Lyons 4yr
CB Blanchard 4yr
LB Watson 4yr
DE Watkins 4yr
TE Lyon 4yr
WR Autry
WR Thornton
S Braham
CB Snyder

Cut:
G Buckner (Livid)
LB Robinson (makes $2,500,00 as a bench warmer, needed couple more roster spots)
S Hume (same as Robinson)

Here is our roster coming out of camp:
BTW, Riddols signed a 2 yr 26 million dollar deal to be the Dolphins backup.

EA.com Front Office Football 2001
From the desk of Ronald Shepard of the Wyoming Wildfire

Position/Player Current Est Future Est Exp Sgnd
QB Marcus Preston 11 13 6 2020
QB Zach McCorvey 8 9 3 2020
QB Harry Sorrell 5 11 2 2020
QB Casey Csonka 3 14 1 2022
RB Andy Ellis 15 15 2 2023
RB Tony Morrison 8 8 1 2021
RB Billy Madison 8 8 2 2021
RB Christian Camacho 5 5 3 2020
RB Pete Slagle 5 7 2 2021
FB Cris Moss 8 8 4 2019
FB Britt Staubach 7 7 8 2019
FB Leonard Winters 7 10 1 2022
TE Leon Cavallo 9 9 1 2021
TE Graham Bullock 6 7 2 2021
TE Dale Lyon 4 10 1 2022
TE Lewis Hoffmann 3 7 2 2021
WR Riddick Fonseca 16 16 3 2022
WR Rusty Autry 10 10 1 2019
WR Isaac McGeorge 9 9 7 2020
WR Edward Thornton 8 8 1 2019
WR Quentin Harvey 7 7 3 2020
WR Marcus Watkins 4 10 2 2021
C Herb Stevenson 15 16 3 2019
C Sherman Bensen 10 12 3 2019
C Rob Heinlein 9 12 3 2020
G Randal Pedersen 18 18 3 2020
G Peter Walton 9 11 3 2020
G Rusty Schultz 7 7 1 2022
G Irving Provo 6 10 2 2021
T Nathan Adler 10 12 2 2021
T Morris Newsome 7 7 3 2020
T Alonzo Denman 5 8 4 2019
T J.T. Hodges 5 9 2 2021
T Jerome Feely 3 11 1 2022
P Ricky Sax 9 11 2 2020
K Jack Schreiner 4 10 1 2020
DE Jeffrey Webster 15 15 10 2020
DE Dana Farrell 9 13 2 2020
DE Kurt Shockley 7 7 9 2020
DE Rufus Knight 4 7 2 2021
DE Pete Watkins 1 8 1 2022
DT Wes Barton 16 16 7 2021
DT Carl Facchini 6 12 2 2020
DT Renaldo Torres 5 9 2 2021
DT Jared Lyons 5 9 1 2022
DT Erik Mares 5 8 4 2019
LB Wesley Sloan 11 11 6 2020
LB Roderick Erdahl 11 11 4 2019
LB Kevin Gunn 7 15 2 2021
LB Tommy Crawford 4 5 3 2020
LB Amos Meeks 4 9 3 2020
LB Austin Gunn 4 8 2 2021
LB Archie Watson 4 4 1 2022
LB Zach Torelli 3 11 1 2021
CB Ellis Alumbaugh 15 15 9 2021
CB Aaron Wilkens 10 12 3 2020
CB Jay Stokes 7 8 4 2021
CB Harry Blanchard 4 4 1 2022
CB Lewis Snyder 4 4 1 2019
S B.J. Croteau 7 10 3 2020
S Hardy Petkovich 6 13 1 2023
S Mitch Powell 5 6 2 2020
S Amos Braham 4 5 1 2019
S Ike Riley 4 6 2 2019

Key: Current Est - Current Estimate of skills,
Future Est - Estimate of future skills,
Exp - Years of experience, Sgnd - Last year of contract
(UFA - free agent, ---- - no contract)

We had no breakouts.

DE Watkins lost most of his potential which makes him worthless.
LB Torelli isn't as good anymore
S Petkovich isn't quite the super stud, but should still be good.
WR Fonseca is getting near maxed out, he was originally mainly a deep threat.

We'll now discuss cuts which FishFan can execute and then run Pre Season.

File is on Geocities
again as the file size is smaller.

------------------
Wildfire Files
Member of the Village Challenge II Cleveland Browns

[This message has been edited by TheRoyalOne (edited 03-06-2001).]

[This message has been edited by TheRoyalOne (edited 03-07-2001).]
Old 03-07-2001, 12:25 PM   #24
FishFan
College Prospect

I made the following cuts before preseason to trim the roster to 53:

RB Slagle
TE Hoffmann
TE Bullock
WR Watkins
WR Thornton
T Newsome
T Denman
DE Watkins
DT Mares
LB Crawford
S Riley

In our first preseason game, we are shutout 13-0 and DT Wes Barton goes down for 2-3 months with a dislocated elbow. The good news: Csonka completed 6 of 9 passes in his debut.

In week two of preseason, we struggle again offensively, losing 20-7 to the Ravens. Another serious injury: QB Marcus Preston goes down with a bruised sternum. He'll be shelved for 2-3 months, as well. McCorvey and Csonka will split the reps the rest of the preseason.

In Week 3, the Wildfire offense explodes for 51 points in a 51-10 rout of the Patriots. McCorvey throw for three TD passes and id named the team's starting QB for week 1 of the regular season. CB Aaron Wilkens hyperextended his knee and will be held out of the last preseason game. The defense helped out by picking off seven passes as "the Russian" and Jay Stokes each had a pair.

We came back to earth in week 4, suffering a 34-3 pounding at the hands of the Falcons. Wyoming finished 1-3 in preseason action.

The following players will miss at least the season opener due to injuries:

DT Wes Barton
LB Roderick Erdahl
QB Marcus Preston
CB Aaron Wilkens
RB Tony Morrison
FishFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 12:35 PM   #25
Subby
lolzcat

Hey Zeus Freakin' Cry Sssst!

I don't think I can take another season of injuries...where's the f-ing demerol?
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote