Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-28-2001, 04:03 PM   #51
Syrinx
H.S. Freshman Team

Sorry for the Dola, I had some problems posting this all as one post

FOF Bowl 2036
Cleveland (16-2) vs Chicago (13-6)
A high scoring shoot-out is expected as the two highest scoring offenses in the league face off in this year’s Bowl game. The AFC Central champs vs. the NFC Central champs. The Browns are heavy favorites given their success in years past, but the Bears high flying passing game has 2 secret weapons for this Bowl game. With 9 super bowl rings of their own, ex-Browns WR Jim Henderson and TE Jimmie McCullough have helped bolster the Bears’ receiving corps into one of the best in the league, allowing QB Humphries to have a career year including a second place 28 passing TD's. The Bears also feature the NFC’s leading pass rusher (with 23 sacks) DE Peter Ramey.

Chicago opens up poorly, as their first pass from scrimmage, is picked off by Peterman and returned 34 yards for the score! The Bears are a championship team though, and show it as they came back to march 79 yards for a tying score on the next drive. The Browns go three and out, and with a bad punt the Bears take over at mid field. The opportunistic Browns D come up big again forcing a fumble on the first play, but the McKnight (showing some lack of enthusiasm ever since getting those 3 weeks off at the end of the regular season and through the Wild Card Week) throws a pick on first down. We hold them to 3 and out, though, and get the ball back at our 6 yard line. On third and 5, from our 11, McKnight connects on a critical 7 yard pass. This really kicks things off, as we proceed to Hack and Slash our way down for a McKnight scoring pass to Welch. (McKnight was 6-10-78-1 on the drive) The Browns take the lead 14-7. Again Chicago is picked off deep in their territory, this time by Cory Wayne. Wayne can’t bring the ball back, but McKnight only needs one throw to Welch for the Browns to be up by 14!
The second quarter ends on the PAT.
The first part of the second quarter is filled with punts. Wayne picks off another Chicago pass, setting up another McKnight led scoring drive (4-7-64-1) to take us up 28-7 at the first half’s 2 minute warning. The Bears manage a FG to close the half.
The Browns open the second half, ignoring the Bears futile attempt at turning the momentum, as they drive 68 yards for another score, this one on an Ainsworth 9 yard punch off right guard. 35-10
The rest of the game was filled with field position battles, and 3 worthless field-goals as the Browns Defense locks up the win!
Ainsworth 17-75-1
McKnight 32-20-291-3-1
Lyon 10-153-1
Welch 3-53-2
Wayne led with 8 stops, and had 2 Int’s in an MVP performance (barley edging out Lyon, McKnight and Peterman)
Still also had 8 tackles
Peterman made a big first quarter Int, that he took in for the first score of the game
Bennink and Ward combined for our only sack
Browns 38 Broncos 16

My First Championship Repeat !!!!!

Season’s Stats
-Individuals-
QB Sammie McKnight (13 starts) 319-183 (57.3%) 2366 yards 7.41avg. 19 TD’s 6 Int’s 92.7 rating
RB Derek Ainsworth (12 starts/ 16 games) 230-1080-4.6avg 9TD’s
RB Carl Robbins (4 starts/16 games) 156-669-4.2 5 TD’s
FB Richard Hartman (16 starts) 54-161-2.9-2 rushing; 32-375-11.7-1 receiving for a surprise All League 1st Team FB selection
WR Stanley Lewinsky (14 starts /16 games) 49-711-14.5-8
WR Dana Lyon (14 starts /16 games) 46-691-15.0-5
WR Byron Armour (3 starts /16 games) 30-470-15.6-3
TE Billy McWilliams (14 starts) 45-566-12.5-2
PR Ray Head led the league with 32-470-14.6-2
DE Gene Woodson (14 starts) 42 Tackles, 16.5 sacks(7th in the league), and 1fumble recovery for a TD
LB O.J. Briggs (16 starts) 75 tackles 3.5 sacks, 1 Int
LB Duane Lies (14 starts) 68 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 Int, and 1 Fumble recovery for a TD
CB Steven Blair (16 starts) 39 tackles 8 Int’s(2ndT) 2 TD’s(3rdT) All League 2nd Team CB
S Cory Wayne (12 statrs/16 games) 45 tackles, 1 sack, 8 Int’s(2ndT) and 2 TD’s(3rdT) League Championship MVP robbed of D. Rookie of the Year and second team S due to his low number of tackles.

-Team-
Turnovers: +19 (1st)
Offense:
Rushing: 2335(3rd) Passing: 3404 (26th) – although we were 7th in average at 7.4 ypp Third:.391(6th) Scoring: 478 (1st)
Defense:
Rushing: 1364(1st) Passing: 3599(24th) –although we only gave up the 4th amount per pass at 6.5 ypp Third: .324(5th) Scoring: 263 (3rd)

I’m obviously very happy with this team’s performance. I was surprised we won our last 2 regular season games the way we did, especially the one against playoff bound Indy. Although our offensive stars were a little of their game (in part due to early injuries and a late season 2 week long lay-off), we overcame with an amazing 9 defensive and special teams TD’s!

5 of my Defensive draftees come to mind as potential Keepers. With T Finch going strong, I can only name one of them, and probably none of the others will be left by the time Finch retires.

I think I will go with DT Lorenzo Wilkerson as my keeper. Wilkerson was the 5th selection in the 2035 draft. He’s 6’6” 311lbs, with potentials of 93-96-100. He had 2 starts this year, and made 3 sacks over the course of the 10 games he saw playing time.

Also as a passing mention, I forgot to say DE Kurt Wiese was inducted to our Team hall of Fame at the beginning of this year. Wiese’s stats, as well as those for other notable recent retirees, will be compiled (by me) and updated on our Team’s website (by Subby) soon.

Syrinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2001, 04:12 PM   #52
Subby
lolzcat

Nice work!!!

We cant stop winning Bowls! I guess i need to step up

I hope your boy Wilkerson knows how to play the 3-4
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2001, 05:39 PM   #53
WebEwbank
High School JV

Great season all around. Sammie got his TD/INT ratio back to 3-1, Wayne just got better and better, and getting all that scoring from D and teams was probably worth 2 wins.

Also, the regular season games we lost were down-to-the-wire squeakers, so, unless I missed something, we were 2 bad breaks from a 19-0 year.

Keeping in mind the drastic roster surgery you had to perform, and the strong drafting, this may have been one of our best seasons alltime.

Finally, it's good to know that our coach can get our highly paid warriors to focus when he needs to...
WebEwbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2001, 07:21 PM   #54
Subby
lolzcat

I might have missed it, but you have two years worth of Johan award winners to send me
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 07:43 AM   #55
Syrinx
H.S. Freshman Team

2035 Johan Award Winner K Blaine Chandler for his single season record of 48 FG's (I know, a kicker? But no one else had a career defining season lke he did)

2036 Johan Winner S Cory Wayne, the true defensive rookie of the year, who had key Int's in some close games, including the winning TD return in week 14!

As a note, I will not be able to compile the stats for our recently departed players, like I thought I would. I will be taking some down time, and may not be able to take on my GM duties the next cycle, but hopefully things will have straightend out by then.

I will be on the forum from time to time, and continue to read our Dynasty reports, of course.
Syrinx is offline   Reply With Quote