Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-30-2004, 10:19 AM   #151
primelord
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
I see calling that raise as an attempt to see the flop and see if a marginal hand can get improved. I can understand how if Quik is the short stack (although he's at $6K entering this hand) that they might see this as an attempt to steal, especially with a limp then all in, but I'm still thinking that Chip doesn't have a better hand then Quik's AQ, I'd probably put him at a underpair (8-8, 9-9), hoping to flop the set, and it's a boat race at that point.

His chip position states that he needs to play agressively with what he has.. if he gets rags in the blinds, he becomes an easy mark at $3200 as I said above, where it's worth calling his all-in, or re-raising all-in to isolate you, just to knock him out.

I stand by my decision

I put him on an underpair as well, but that means he does have the better hand. Granted he is only a slight favorite, but a favorite none the less. And he may be even more of a favorite if the other two players are holding some of Quik's outs which is very possible with the initial raise and then call from the SB.

Overall I think it is a close desicion, but I think Quik made the right one in the end.
primelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 11:19 AM   #152
QuikSand
lolzcat

Tuesday Night Game – 4 May

Another brief update, not a whole lot to replay. Situation is very similar to last week – only five players for most of the night, which really alters the game a good deal. One of the loosest players in the game was dealing almost the whole time, which was an impact as well.

My initial stake of $200 was pared down quickly – I chased a couple of hands and lost out, and then got beat with a weak flush to a stronger one (that hurt), and after about 90 minutes I was sitting on something like $70. However, my fortunes changed a bit as the evening went on. After pulling down tiny pots with two reraises on the flop (and feeling like I had moved too soon) I deliberately reraised the flop two more times in fairly short order – once with just top pair, and once with a flush draw. This seemed to work – I won one pot right away, then won the other one on the river - both without showdowns, but it seemed to loosen up the callers for later. Later in the evening, I got a little more aggressive when I was in pots, and did a better job altering my play based on my single opponent (now that I have a decent read on all the players there). End of the line – I made back my early losses, and left the room feeling pretty comfortable.

OUT: $200
IN: $210

Five hours, ten bucks. I could have just gone down to the 7-Eleven and seen if they needed me to pitch in on the late night shift…(just kidding)
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 03:20 PM   #153
SplitPersonality1
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
Five hours, ten bucks. I could have just gone down to the 7-Eleven and seen if they needed me to pitch in on the late night shift…(just kidding)

Hehe. I have similar thoughts when I gain minimal amounts over an extended period of time. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way.
SplitPersonality1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 10:35 AM   #154
primelord
Pro Rookie

Hmm... you aren't going to tell me you went to Vegas and you don't have a poker update for us are you?????
Old 05-25-2004, 01:26 PM   #155
primelord
Pro Rookie

I guess you are telling me that.