lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

Ping: Marmel

Now that's a Big Monday.

lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 09:26 PM   #2
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Just got back from the HCC....thoughts.....

GMac got hit in the nose early on and really threw him off his game. That hurt us as he is our premier outside shooter.

Syracuse was tired. No hustle what-so-ever. They were continuously beaten to lose balls that they were closer to.

We don't play good on the road, and UConn was desperate, so that made this an even worst situation.

Also, UConn is dumb for playing in the HCC. The student section is the worst in all of college basketball there, but great at Gampel. I know it is a money factor, so enlarge Gampel.

It really sucks that we don't play the other division twice per year, and some years not at all. I would love to get UConn at the dome, where we are unbeaten and a very different team. Hopefully, we will see them at the Garden next month.

Good win, not such a bad loss, though I would have been happier to see us at least make the final score a bit closer.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 10:15 PM   #3
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Marmel

Also, UConn is dumb for playing in the HCC. The student section is the worst in all of college basketball there, but great at Gampel. I know it is a money factor, so enlarge Gampel.

It really sucks that we don't play the other division twice per year, and some years not at all. I would love to get UConn at the dome, where we are unbeaten and a very different team. Hopefully, we will see them at the Garden next month.

Disagree about the HCC - maybe because I'm able to have season tickets there, and don't get a sniff of Gampel.

The Students are better on campus, but it's really not fair to so many of us taxpayers to never get to see the freaking team.

I wish the Big East never expanded, even though the football only schools made that impossible. If only there could be a Big East Classic Division (St Johns, UConn, GTown, Syracuse).
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote