Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-07-2003, 03:28 AM   #1
Vince
Pro Starter

Question Ping: CFBLers

Ok...if anyone here is even active among the CFBL anymore (check us out... www.lasselanta.net/cfbl ...online OOTP league looking for owners)...

1) Anyone else having trouble accessing the site? Not like I want to see how shitty my Phils have done this latest sim, but I am kind of curious. (It's really rough to work all season to finally tie for the NL East lead with only a month left to play, then get swept twice by the Brewers and find yourself 8 games back after two weeks)

2) Anyone else bothered by the lack of interaction? Seems like no one is active at all other than at the trade deadline...I'm not talking about just trades, either. I would like to see some discussion on the boards and such as well. I was going to put together an article breaking down this year's trade deadline deals, but by the time I got finished, I figured that no one would read it anyway. Would anyone read/respond to such a post on the forums? Let me know...
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.

Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 08:54 AM   #2
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

1. Site seems fine now. It goes down from time to time, but I just checked and it's there.

2. Shrug. Different leagues have different personalities, and this one just doesn't seem to have much activity on the message boards. The owners just seem to prefer AIM and e-mail.

(Thanks for Rolen, by the way. Not only have we managed to clinch a playoff spot, but miraculously we finally sold out the Dome for a game last sim.)
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 10:13 AM   #3
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

The site sometimes is down, but it is (usually) back up within the day. Though I remember that one looooong down time.

The lack of interaction does kinda suck. Maybe we should build this thread up as a form of interacting . Vince's I'd DEFINETLY read your article . Maybe I'll write one too... maybe we should have someone that collects articles and puts them on the site.

--

7.5 games back for my Dodgers, and the season started with such promise too . Oh well... there is always next year!
Old 02-07-2003, 02:00 PM   #4
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by ISiddiqui
I'd DEFINETLY read your article . Maybe I'll write one too...

I think a lot of people would read them, but you'd probably have to get Kevin to post a link from the home page. I imagine most people don't visit the forums very often anymore, so people might not know they were there.
Old 02-07-2003, 02:14 PM   #5
NevStar
High School Varsity

I had the best record in the NL till I got swept at Wrigley by the Cards. D'oh! I still have a magic number of 9, though.

There's still a couple active teams. Had a couple of deadline trade offers that fell through at the last minute. I usually ignore trade IM's because it seems like every one I get is worded like:

"Yo d00d, wanna tared??! w00t!!"
"H3ll0?"
"wat teem r u?"
Old 02-07-2003, 02:52 PM   #6
Vince
Pro Starter

Well, good to hear that someone would read my stuff...maybe I'll post it anyways

Now I'm duking it out for the wildcard spot...talk about depressing turns of events. And you're welcome for Rolen Maple Leafs...seems that I could have used him myself. Kind of depressed at how easily you resigned him but I ended up getting Zimmerman for Mann + an MR, and he's playing pretty well. This morning I'm having no problems with the site, so we're all good on that front.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 02-07-2003, 03:02 PM   #7
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Vince
Well, good to hear that someone would read my stuff...maybe I'll post it anyways

Please do. Maybe it will start a trend. My other league, the (infamous) RWBL, has a ton of writers, and it really adds to the league.

Click here to take a look at the RWBL sports page.
Old 02-07-2003, 03:13 PM   #8
CentralMassHokie
High School JV

I'm very much guilty of not interacting

Work has been an absolute bear.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to get in the swing of things again shortly.

I really need to get Mulder resigned - otherwise, I'm quite hosed, since most of my youngsters are still a half-season/season away.
CentralMassHokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 03:18 PM   #9
Vince
Pro Starter

No worries CMassHokie...this was not at all intended to call people out. I of all people know that it is tough to get around real life (I work 30-40 hours a week, and I'm a full time college student). This was just an attempt to garner some support for more interaction.

Maple Leafs: That's what I was basing my opinion on. I was (for a very short time) the Houston GM, and I loved all the interaction...I just couldn't keep up with the league (sadly). I'm hoping that once I get my computer fixed (hopefully within a week or so) and you guys have another open team to maybe jump back into the league.

The next time I have an idea for an article, and I have time, I'm definitely going to write it. ML: I noticed that most articles on the RWBL boards are done anonymously (ie another board name). Do you think this is a good thing, or just fluff?
Old 02-07-2003, 03:23 PM   #10
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
ML: I noticed that most articles on the RWBL boards are done anonymously (ie another board name). Do you think this is a good thing, or just fluff?

It can be a good thing. The best articles are the ones that include both positive and negative analysis, but some owners don't like to be criticized. They can get a little cranky, so sometimes it's probably nice to be anonymous. Chief Rum can explain further.

That said, we'll still know it's you.

Quote:
I was (for a very short time) the Houston GM ...

At the rate we're going, everyone here will have been the Houston GM at some point by the end of the year.
Old 02-07-2003, 03:31 PM   #11
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Maple Leafs:
That said, we'll still know it's you.

Good point Oh well...

Last edited by Vince : 02-07-2003 at 03:31 PM.