Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-03-2003, 07:51 PM   #1
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Missouri vs Kansas

Anyone getting ready to watch this one on Big Monday?

This is a great test for Missouri to see if they can stay with Kansas.

GO MIZZOU!

Todd

MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 07:57 PM   #2
Go-Buckeyes
n00b

Should be a good one, but hey....Joe Millionaire......not my idea LOL

guess I'll watch watch what I can of it.
Old 02-03-2003, 08:07 PM   #3
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Good luck with that one. Is it in Columbia?
Old 02-03-2003, 08:14 PM   #4
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Nope, it's in our house. Prepare for a beating, bitches!

(at least until we go to Columbia and lose. a few years ago i created the "sumo-midget" theory, which is as follows: no matter what, even if mizzou's team is filled with sumo wrestlers, midgets or sumo wrestling midgets, they would still find a way to beat us once a year)

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 09:35 PM   #5
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So far this is a great game. I'm impressed by Mizz's toughness to hang around.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 09:37 PM   #6
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

This has been a fun game. Mizzou's been really game tonight and has a chance to pull this out. Still, they are the hated Tigers (hey, MizzouRah- have you seen the SUV commercial with the Jayhawk and Tiger fans that ends with the Tiger in a noose and the Jayhawk's head getting bitten off?)

SI

Old 02-03-2003, 10:04 PM   #7
kcchief19
Pro Starter

We could have won. I'm not going to say should because we didn't play better than Kansas. But this was the exact game we needed to play against Kansas. Quin's doing a better job of getting the team to play smarter. If we eliminate three dumb plays, we win. They are doing a better job of eliminating stupid plays.

But we committed way too many turnovers. That was it. Our shooting kept us in it for sure in the second half, but the reason we were hitting 40 percent from three wasn't luck -- they were doing a good job of getting open shots.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 11:03 PM   #8
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
(hey, MizzouRah- have you seen the SUV commercial with the Jayhawk and Tiger fans that ends with the Tiger in a noose and the Jayhawk's head getting bitten off?)

No I haven't yet, sounds like a riot though.

kcchief,

I couldn't agree more. I just wish we had some depth on the bench. We could have used the VMI transfer tonight!

Missouri had alot stupid turnovers, but hung well. I've heard playing in Kansas is hell for any team, especially Missouri.

Funny, but I'll take a 6 point loss to Kansas in Kansas.

Todd
Old 02-03-2003, 11:07 PM   #9
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I'm worried about our game there to end the year. But I've always been a big fan of losing a game right before the tourney to shake off some complacency so having to play in Columbia the last weekend of the season may be a blessing in disguise. You guys played a good game tonight but the Fieldhouse was good for quite a few points tonight to help give us the edge.

SI

EDIT:That's a KC local commercial, I believe (although I wouldnt be suprised if they had ones all around the country for different rivalries). You seen it kcchief19?

Last edited by sterlingice : 02-03-2003 at 11:10 PM.
Old 02-03-2003, 11:12 PM   #10
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Hey Polston, did you get my email about the two newest Cardinals?

Todd
Old 02-04-2003, 07:30 AM   #11
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

I watched the replay of the game. Neither team played very well.

Kansas: Aaron Miles and Jeff Graves did absolutely nothing and thus found themselves next to the coach. Wayne Simien watched the game in a suit. KU's subs did surprisingly well. Keith Langford was so so. The only two guys who came to play were the seniors, Hinrich and Collison.

Missouri: Clarence Gilbert is gone yet the Tigers continue to chuck up 3's. I don't get it. Hands of Stone Arthur Johnson essentially cost Missouri the game with his numerous turnovers. Richie Rich (aka Kroenke) reminds me of the old Norm Stewart mold of players. Not a lot of talent, but did a lot of the little things well. Quin Snyder has brought some great talent into Missouri, but he's just not a very good coach. Paulding, Rush, and Dooling...yet he continues to find a way to just barely squeek into the tourney. I'm interested to see what he does to this kid from VMI. The guy seems like he's going to be a top notch talent, but he'll only have one year at Missouri I believe. Hopefully Quin can't mess him up any more than he's done to Bryant and Johnson.

I'll take last week's Texas and Kansas game for the best game I've watched on Big Monday. The Oklahoma and Oklahoma State game was great at the end, but watching those two teams grab and hold each other for 39 minutes wasn't my idea of fun.
the_meanstrosity is offline   Reply With Quote