Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-03-2003, 03:11 PM   #1
auwillie
n00b

Just got my hattrick team.....

I am wondering how to start, any help from the experienced would be greatly welcomed....Auwillie

auwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 03:30 PM   #2
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Ditto that. I just signed up but I'm a bit of an idiot when it comes to this "other" style of football (among other things). Any advice/pointers/directions to FAQs would be most appreciated.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 03:55 PM   #3
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Okay, first read the FAQ, then look at the many hattrick dynasties here. Those can get a lot of info. Your first purchase should be at least a passable keeper. I would recommend running the 3-5-2 formation. Go to mybestteam, and put your rosers into there. Don't spend all your money right away. Right away bump your youth squad up to 20k per week. Believe me you'll thank yourselves later that you did.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 03:59 PM   #4
NevStar
High School Varsity

Welcome to the war!

A good place to start is the Newbie (English) conference on hattrick. Of course, you could always check out the dynasties here for advice on what not to do to start.

A bit of a tip: the central midfielders are the most important position on the pitch. Possession percentage plays a HUGE role in the hattrick sim engine. That's why you'll see so many teams moving a defender up as an extra midfield.

Also, look at the Hattrick Community page & check out the web sites listed there. Mybestteam & HAM are highly recommended.

Good Luck!
Old 02-03-2003, 04:31 PM   #5
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Go a couple of messages down DK's hattrick franchise and he has some great advice for beginners.

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4766

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 06:03 PM   #6
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Thanks all!
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 06:06 PM   #7
QuikSand
lolzcat

Are there any downsides to speculating in the transfer market? I've looked around a bit, and have made a few purchases... I think I could make money this way, but I don't want to have massive unrest on my team. Does anyone know if this is possible (is there a downside to buying and selling too many players)?
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 06:22 PM   #8
NevStar
High School Varsity

There IS a small hit to your team's spirit everytime you sell a player. This was added quite recently to attempt to curb the speculating & day-trading you're describing. It wouldn't cause any noticeable problems unless you did this on a grand scale, though.
Old 02-03-2003, 06:55 PM   #9
Airhog
Captain Obvious

you should be able to upgrade at every position without spending alot of money. I would goto the 3-5-2 as soon as possible. Starting this late in the season means you probably will not be promoted. If your in the bottom of the divisions, then build towards the future.

Even in the bottom division you can make money from good pulls, and a great youth system.

Also, like everyone else said goalkeeping is the most important, followed by midfield. try to grab a decent goalie, but dont spend an arm and a leg. look for an older player, because they sell cheaper

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 01:09 AM   #10
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Supposedly they are also adding a thing where you take a small hit to your formation knowledge when you sell a player. This matters more if you use either the 3-5-2 or 4-5-1 formation. Your knowledge of 4-4-2 is always excellent. On the other hand, if you can get yourself some money for later usage, it might be worth it since it doesn't take too long to learn formations.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote