Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-02-2003, 09:30 PM   #1
mrushh
High School Varsity

Hattrickers: Please Reply

Hattrick Bretheren,

My team, Texas Miracle, was closed recently due to improper transfers. I wrote the following letter to Global (GM-Apoc, who said I had a made a good case and good luck), but I needed to send this to Usa, who responded that he was not opening my team. I assume I was turned in by someone who didn't like getting beat...
Please read the following and tell me if it looks like cheating, because I still don't think so. I guess I should have been smarter and not traded with my friend, but I didn't (don't) see how either of us benefited to the detriment of other players (they could have gotten the same players, none was highly overpriced).
Any questions will be answered and, yes, I have a new team.
the_herd, you win round 2 of the cup. Good luck.

It says you read all e-mail, and I hope that is true. I contacted you before, but I don't know how long it takes, so I apologize if it seems I am flooding you with messages, but the cheating page says you reopen accounts if cheating has not occurred.

I don't think what I did was cheating, though my interpretation of the rules, as written, may be incorrect. The rules say I may contact other owners, and that's what I did, in effect, since the other owner, Gargoyle F.C., is a co-worker, and we talk about Hattrick a good bit since he got a team a couple weeks ago.

The other accused team and I made, I believe, 5 transactions. I don't know if that is excessive, but I ask you to consider the following:

- there were 5 players involved, I think, total.
- the total value of these players is only $217,000
- the total paid was $271,000
- the DIFFERENCE, that is, the PROFIT, if you call it that, of one team over the other was ONLY $15,000
- NONE of the players, if I remember (I can't enter to look at them), was even CLOSE to what would be considered a very good player
- Gargoyle, being a new team, had MANY needs
- Texas Miracle, an older team, had several lower level players
- ALL players were put on transfer
- NO player was bought OR sold for more than $27,000 more than their value

This does not seem like a PROFIT, CHEATING, TRANSFER MONEY scheme to me...not even close. With all the players and money flying around, I don't see how transactions that netted a team ONLY $15,000 one way or the other could EVEN be seen as corruption.
Any other information you need, please ask. I do not feel anyone profited monetarily or otherwise from anything done, nor do I feel any rules were broken as the rules are read, at least not intentionally. Thank you for your time.

mrushh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 09:51 PM   #2
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Wow. That sucks. It doesn't seem like something improper occured. I saw a guy with weak ratings all around on the market at $500,000 and someone was paying, so if the guy says you cheated, then the person I saw must definatly. I hope this works out for you. You might also want to post this on the conference page, which is like a forum. There are a lot of hardcore like guys that know every trick, in the book, and they may be able to help you out.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 10:10 PM   #3
samifan24
Pro Starter

Ditto dude. That does suck. I am interested to see what the USA guy says. I see you got a new team, but perhaps they will reinstate your old one and cancel your new one? Maybe they just got suspicious because of five transfers between the same two clubs, but that would mean they were watching you extra closely and I don't see why they'd do that. Good luck with the new team, though. What's your id #?
Old 02-02-2003, 10:27 PM   #4
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

I am not really sure what rule you have broken. Just looking at your transfer history you have bought and sold to a number of teams. What exactly did they say you did wrong?

I am not really sure what the logic is behind this one. Most all red flags are teams that sell excessively overpriced players to one team, which usually means they own both teams. I am not sure what "flagged" you for a GM, unless someone made some bogus charge.

Do you both access your team from work or something? In that case their IP logs would be the same.

I am stumped.
Old 02-02-2003, 10:39 PM   #5
samifan24
Pro Starter

Horned- That's an interesting point about the IP log from their workplace. I'd never thought of that. Perhaps that lead the gamemasters to think he was operating both teams?
Old 02-02-2003, 10:44 PM   #6
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

Yeah you can look at the previous last 5 logins. In fact I just did and both teams have 205.188.xxx.xxx. Thats probably what someone said. Just explain if you both work at the same place thats whats going on, because you also have 2 different IP's otherwise which I would assume is from your homes.

Last edited by HornedFrog Purple : 02-02-2003 at 10:45 PM.
HornedFrog Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 10:56 PM   #7
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

By the way there are a small group of players that actively look for redflags. In fact thats all they do and they send report after report to the GM's without doing a hint of actual research. Usually its because they are angry. Me thinks thats what might have happened here.

I will send an email to GM-George myself if your answer isnt satisfactory. Please keep us posted.
Old 02-02-2003, 11:17 PM   #8
mrushh
High School Varsity

Yes, we both access our teams from the same place. In fact, his room is next door to mine (we are math teachers) and we both run off the same school district server.
Old 02-03-2003, 10:48 AM   #9
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by mrushh
Yes, we both access our teams from the same place. In fact, his room is next door to mine (we are math teachers) and we both run off the same school district server.

I'm willing to bet that the full IP number for both of your logins are identical. We can only see the first two parts of the four digit number, but GMs can see the entire thing. If those numbers are the same, then it would definitely appear that one person was running multiple teams, which is a big Hattrick no-no.

GM-George appears to be a very fair person, firm but fair. However, this falls into a grey area. If the two of you are logging in from the same IP, then that is something that the GMs should be alerted to. Also, you should never conduct player transfers with someone else from the same IP.

Of course, you probably weren't aware of any of this. The rules are very explicit about running multiple teams, but I do not recall any mention in them of multiple people using the same IP.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote