Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-16-2004, 11:18 AM   #1
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Heroclix Tournament

My geek group has decided to start a Heroclix tournament, and I thought it would be fun to recount the action here. We did a DC Heroclix tourney and had a lot of fun, and there are some old scores to settle. It should be interesting.

Rules

There will be 6 players, and everyone will play each other once. Seedings will be determined at random.

Everyone will buy 2 Marvel boosters, or one starter. They can be any release, as long as they are in the Marvel family.

Everyone will buy one additional booster. These will be the prizes, and they can be from any of the releases.

Each person will open one booster, and select one figure from the 4 avaliable. They will then pass the three remaining figures to the person on thier left, and so on, until both boosters have been opened by everyone. Each player should have 8 figures at this point.

From this pool of figures, players will make one 200 point team for each game. This team can be changed between games from any of the 8 figures.

Each game is limited to 50 minutes. At this point, the team with the most points wins. Points are calculated by friendly figures still in play and kills. Equal points situations are determined by a die roll.

After the playoffs, final standing will be determined by win-loss records then total points.

After the playoffs are over and the rankings decided, all of the prize boosters will be opened and all figures displayed. Players will be able to select a figure of their choice from the prizes, one at a time in decending final ranking order, until all figures have been chosen. In actuality, we will probably open a prize booster each day to see who is avaliable. It seems to add some excitement!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today we'll go buy the boosters, and we'll do the draft this afternoon!
Here is a quick rundown of the players:

Scott-This undisputed champion. Scott has a very tactical mind, and wins tournaments quite often. He is very methodical but can be rattled, although he usually recovers very quickly. In the last tournament, he rode Despero to an undefeated record. Easy favorite to pick whomever he wants.

Bill-agressive to a fault. Fun to play, and a great sportsman. He and I fought an epic battle in the last tournamet, with his Steel and Superman outlasting my team to pull out a well-earned victory. 2nd or 3rd.

Kelly-very smart player, but still new. Once he get's a bit more experience, I think he'll challenge Scott for the title. 2nd or 3rd.

Jason-also rather new, he's a cautious player. He doesn't mind pushing to make the kill, sometimes when it's not necessary. 4th

Robert-very new, very inexperienced. Since he's our boss, he'll win it all. 1st (ok 6th)

Me-experienced but dumb. I am easily rattled, and I tend to throw in the towel early if I get frusterated. If I can calm down before I throw the game away, I can usually think my way out of a situation. Fifth at best.

I'll update the teams later.

sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 11:44 AM   #2
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Very cool. I am interested in Heroclix, because I have played just about every other wizkids game. I am supposed to go to a Crimson Skies game later today. My primary game playing friend is pushing me to join him in playing their mechwarrior game. I am thinking the Hero game might be more interesting to me though. Good Luck!!!
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 03:22 PM   #3
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Glengoyne- thanks! I think I'm going to do pretty well because of my draw. Pretty simple choice, actually.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teams Click the link to see the dial...

Team 1: Robert

Absorbing Man – R – 72
Black Queen – R – 51
Crimson Dynamo – R – 89
Kree Warrior – R – 12
Spiderman – U – 79
Rhino – E – 108
Brood Warrior – V – 25
SWAT Heavy Weapons – E – 21

Team 2: Bill

Pyro – V – 42
Rhino – R – 81
Elektra – R – 18
Hand Ninja – V – 16
Spiderman – V – 88
Moleman – R – 55
Daredevil – R – 27
Nebula – E – 65

Team 3: Jason

Spiderman – U – 116
Captain America – V – 62
Dreadnought – R – 30
Brood Warrior – R – 18
Venom – E – 67
Black Queen – R – 51
SWAT Heavy Weapons – E – 21
Puppet Master – R – 21

Team 4: Me

Silver Surfer – U – 173
Hulk – V – 147
Rouge – R – 38
Moloid – E – 8
Magick – V – 47
Corsair – R – 25
Skrull Warrior – R – 14
Abomination – R – 72

Team 5: Scott

Spiderman – U – 79
Rhino – V – 122
Vulture – V – 24
Blade – R – 26
Dormammu – U – 206
Black Panther – R – 27
Shadowcat – E – 33
Marrow – R – 26

Team 6: Kelly

Nebula – E – 65
Destiny – E – 23
Moonknight – R – 18
Henchman – R – 11
Ultron – V – 188
Hand Ninja – V – 16
Daredevil – V – 59
Moloid – R – 6

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Analysis:

Robert: Absorbing Man and Rhino make a powerful duo, but they lack range. He will probably mix either of those two with Crimson Dynamo to make a balanced team.

Bill: Spiderman is the cornerstone of thise team. He has balance, and Pyro is underrated in a game like this. Throw up a barrier and Outwit and Perplex are worthless.

Jason: Unique Spiderman will fly around the map, daring people to hit is 18 defense. Everyone else is just gravy, but I like the Captain America. He has a decent range, a free move with the Avengers team ability, and an ok attack. If he goes with Venom also, it should be fun. I'm not sure if he can because they may be arch-enemies.

Me: Right off the bat, I found a Silver Surfer. He's one of the best Heroclix figures in existance. 18 defense with invulnerability, 14 move with running shot, 11 attack, and 3 damage. Ouch. Plus when he's hurt, he gets Regenerate and Support. That's my team, with either the Moloid or Corsair making up the difference. I like my chances with this guy.

Scott: Spiderman and Rhino would be great, but that's 201 points. Whew! Dormammu is a bruiser, but he is over the limit also. So it will be a multiple approach for Scott. Rookie Black Panther has Stealth and Outwit, so he can hide and knock out superpowers with impunity. Shadowcat gives him flexiblity.

Kelly: Ultron and Moloid. Or no Ultron and almost everyone else. Ultron is a tough fight...our battle should be interesting, to say the least.

I also found out that there are no playoffs, just the six games on tap. Whomever comes out on top get's first pick. Hopefully, that's me!

Last edited by sachmo71 : 02-17-2004 at 10:59 PM.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:29 AM   #4
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Day One Matchups:

Robert vs. Bill
Jason vs. Me
Scott vs. Kelly

Let's get it on!!
Old 02-17-2004, 10:45 AM   #5
Calis
College Starter

I have no idea what Heroclix is, but this sounds intriguing.

What's the D's, V's and the R's mean? I notice that there are a couple different point values for say Daredevil for instance.

I'll have to look up some on this, was a big comic book nut as a kid.

I can root for you also since you've got Silver Surfer.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 02:37 PM   #6
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Calis, Check out www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix for more info. It's a ton of fun, if a little expensive to play. The R, E, V, and U notations are the ranks of the figures. All figures come in three ranks, each with a different point value.

R=Rookie
E=Experienced
V=Veteren
U=Unique

Normally, as your figure goes up in rank, it becomes more powerful. Unique figures are one of a kind figures. Usually they are characters seperate from the normal line, but often it is just a different figure of a character. For example, the first set had a R,E, and Veteren version of Spiderman, but there was also a Unique sculpt of him. In fact, I think Spiderman has had a Unique in each set published so far. There are also Limited Edition figures that can be won at tournaments, which are like Uniques but are usually sculpts of mainline figures with different names and powers. Check out the site for more info!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Results of Day 1

Robert vs. Bill

Roberts team:
Unique Spiderman
Veteren Rhino
Rookie Kree Warrior

Bills team:
Veteren Spiderman
Rookie Moleman
Rookie Elektra
Rookie Daredevil

Things started off fast as Bill took aim and splattered Robert's Kree Warrior all over the map. Robert used Rhino's Charge to the fullest, as he knocked out Moleman and Elektra in short order. Daredevil lived by the seat of his pants, making Super Senses rolls at least three times in a row, one time to avoid a critical hit by Rhino that would have hit him for 5 damage! But in the end, Robert was able to isolate Bill's Spiderman and kill him.
Bill: 0-1 12 pts.
Robert: 1-0 375 pts.

Robert had high score for the day. He got to open the first prize box! More on that later.

Scott vs. Kelly

Scott's team:
Rookie Black Panther
Veteren Rhino
Veteren Vulture
Rookie Marrow

Kelly's Team:
Experienced Nebula
Experienced Destiny
Rookie Moonknight
Rookie Henchman
Veteren Hand Ninja
Veteren Daredevil

This was an epic battle. They fought for the entire time alloted and still were barely decided. Both teams manuvered for position until the battle was joined. Bodies flew as Rhino charged through the lines, and the Ninja fired into melee from the shadows. In the end, the difference was the loss of Daredevil for Kelly. He had made all of his Super Senses rolls until his luck ran out and Rhino hit him for 6 clicks. Once he was gone, the point total was too much to make up before time ran out. Nebula pushed herself to death as she took out Black Panther. Scott wins with only Rhino remaining, but if there had been more time, we can't be sure.

Kelly: 0-1 122 pts.
Scott: 1-0 210 pts.

Jason vs. Me

Jason's Team:
Veteren Captain America
Rookie Brood Warrior
Experienced Venom
Rookie Black Queen

My Team:
Unique Sliver Surfer
Rookie Skrull Warrior
Experienced Moloid

I started the game rather ingloriously. Jason moved around on his edge of the map and made me chase him. I got bored and came after him. I was afraid that Black Queen was going to use Telekenesis to throw Venom next to the Surfer and whack me, so I tried to stay 10 squares away from her. Finally, he left a piece open, and I made my move. Silver Surfer has Running Shot, allowing me to move 1/2 of my speed and make a ranged attack with one action. He grabbed the Moloid and flew around the building seperating us. I plopped the Moloid down and opened fire. Captain America has Energy Shield/Defelection, which gives him a +2 defense against ranged attacks. He has a printed defense of 17, and there was one square of hindering terrain between us. Silver Surfer has an attack of 11, leaving me needing a 9 to hit. Ugh. I'm committed now, so I take my shot. I roll.................a 2. Critical miss. Surfer takes 1 click of damage. My wonder, shiny new figure hurt himself on his first shot. Bummer.
Jason has Venom grab a motorcycle. On the next turn, Black Queen tks Venom into position where he can see me. Venom then throws his motorcycle at the Moloid, knocking him into a grey, stinking goo. There goes my cover.
I rest on the next turn, and move my Skrull into position.
Next turn, Brood Warrior moves up next to me, and Captain America takes a shot and misses. Whew.
My turn to attack, and I set my sights on Venom. I need a 6, and roll a 4. Ugh.
Jason moves Black Queen onto a roof of a building, in position to attack me. Cap shoots at me again, and hits me for 1 click of damage thanks to Venom Perplexing up him damage.
My turn again, and I open fire on Venom. I miss....again.
This turn, Jason pushes Black Queen to take over Silver Surfer with Mind Control. He hits, and my Skrull cowers in fear as the Surfer turns on him with a strange look on his face. He hits, and the Skrull is now toast. The negative for Jason is that Black Queen not only takes one damage for pushing, but also takes a second click for Silver Surfer being over 100 points. That helps me.
Then Venom Perplex's up Caps damage, and he Charges me, but misses. He then moves Venom up next to me. I'm in trouble!
I rest on my turn.
Venom pushes to attack me, and hits! It would be 4 damage, but I have Impervious and if I roll a 5-6, I don't take any damage. The way I have been rolling, I'm bound to take some damage. I roll....a 5!!!! Whoot!
Venom is in trouble now. I open up with Surfer and hit him for 4 points of damage! WHAM!! But now Venom has Blades/Claws. YIKES!!
On his turn, Jason finds that none of his figures can hurt me unless they critically hit me. With Imervious, I deflect at least two damage, and possibly all. None of his figures can do more than two damage.
In desperation, he has Black Queen Mind Control Surfer, but misses.
I push to hit Venom again, because I don't want him to Claw my eyes out! I hit for 4! Venom is down!
Now I can take it easy. Unless Jason can get a 12, he can't hurt me. He tries valiantly, and even get's a 12 on one roll, but I make my Impervious roll and take no damage. It's only a matter of time, and I knock out his whole team. Good game.

Jason: 0-1 22 pts
Me: 1-0 372 pts

It was a fun day for sure. Robert did really well, which we were all glad to see. I think he thought he was going to get pasted, but he held his own. I'm feeling pretty confident with my Silver Surfer juggernaut..he's an incredible piece. I'm nervous about my game against Scott...his Outwit guy is going to give me some trouble. I'll have to be on my toes, or I'll have Rhino on my Surfer before I can say..."Surfs up, dude!"

Robert opened the prize package, which was a Critical Mass booster. Inside were

1 V Brood Queen
1 V Calypso
1 R Black Queen
1 E Elektra

Of all of those, the Calypso looks most promising. Mind Control, Probability Control, and Telekenesis for 46 points. WHOOOT!

Next game is Thursday! I hope I win!

Last edited by sachmo71 : 02-17-2004 at 11:02 PM.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:48 PM   #7
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

I've added links to the players dials...if you want to see their powers and stats, click the links.
Old 02-19-2004, 02:28 PM   #8
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Results of Day 2

Kelly vs. Bill

Kelly's Team:
V Ultron
R Henchman

Bill's Team:
V Spiderman
R Rhino
V Hand Ninja

Ultron cleaned house, but it was closer than it seemed. Bill managed to knock out the Henchman early, but Ultron took Spiderman out without breaking a sweat. High rolls were needed becaues of Ultron's huge defense, but somehow they were able to get a few licks in on him, and when the smoke cleared, Ultron was about 3 clicks from death. Unfortunately, everyone else on Bill's team was dead.

Kelly: 1-1 495 pts.
Bill: 0-2 33 pts.

Jason vs. Robert
Robert's Team:
E Rhino
U Spiderman
R Kree Warrior

Jason's Team:
E Venom
R Black Queen
R Brood Warrior
V Captain America

This was a close match. Spiderman went down early, a victim of Venom's Perplexing, but a series of poor tactical decisions cost Jason the game. Robert rolled everything he needed, and near the end it was Black Queen and Venom against Rhino. When Black Queen pushed to Mind Control Rhino, she took two damage and became mobile terrain. Venom got Rhino down to his last two clicks, but was killed by a 4 damage Close Combat Expert attack.

Robert: 2-0 681 pts.
Jason: 0-2 113 pts.

Scott vs. Me

Scott's Team:
V Rhino
V Vulture
R Black Panther
R Marrow

My team:
U Silver Surfer
E Moloid
R Skrull Warrior

Scott and I discussed this game ad nauseum. His conclusion was that he would have one shot to hit Silver Surfer hard and take him down before he was overwhelmed by his power. I told him that it would go this way unless I did something stupid. Guess what happened?
I flew up on a roof, and Scott moved on another. I waited. He waited. I decided that someone had to do something, and flew Silver Surfer over to lock up and attack Black Panther and try to knock out his Outwit. I flew across the space between the buildings, and landed next to him with SS and Moloid. On his turn, he tried to break away with Black Panther. He succeeded. He then had Black Panther Outwit Surfers Invulnerability. Rhino Charged, picking up a heavy object on the way. He needed an 8 to hit, and rolled a 10. 5 clicks of damage to the Surfer. Then Marrow attacked, and hit him for 3. Game over. He hunted me down and took out the rest of my team in short order. Ugh.

Scott: 2-0 666 pts.
Me: 1-1 371 pts

Scott was the big winner today and got to open the box. It was a Critical Mass box.

V Moloid- Yuck.
R Corsair- Not bad, he has Ranged Combat Expert and is 25 points. However, his attack is a very average 8 and his defense is a 15. Fluff piece.
E Kraven- Stealth, Toughness, Outwit, and Incapacitate for 72 points. Not bad at all.
V Ulik- He can hit you for 4 on a Charge(or 6 if he picks up a heavy object along the way), laugh off your counter attack with Invulnerability, and then hit you for 6 the next turn unless you get away. Spooky.

Next game is tomorrow! I'm looking to take it out on SOMEONE!!

Me vs. Robert
Bill vs. Scott
Jason vs. Kelly

Last edited by sachmo71 : 02-19-2004 at 02:30 PM.
Old 02-19-2004, 03:59 PM   #9
kingfc22
Head Coach

Very interesting game. I think I'm going to pick up sportsclix after reading the rules for the game.

Last edited by kingfc22 : 02-19-2004 at 04:00 PM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 03:49 PM   #10
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Results from Day 3

Robert vs. Me

Robert’s Team:
Rhino
Spiderman
Kree Warrior

My Team:
Silver Surfer
Corsair

Time for some payback! The Surfer was pissed off about being manhandled by Scott’s team the day before, and he wanted to make someone pay. The fact that Rhino’s little brother was around made it even better. I won the die roll and chose the outdoor DC map, with lots of hindering terrain and a couple of buildings. Robert started behind the two buildings, and I was on the other side of the map. Rhino and Spiderman moved around one building to try to flank me, so Surfer grabbed Corsair and flew across the map. Kree Warrior moved up a bit, and I rested. Rhino and Spiderman continued to advance, while Surfer took a Running Shot at the Kree Warrior, hitting him hard. Corsair took up position to guard the flanks. At this point, Robert decided to press his attack, and came around the building, moving Rhino and Spiderman to within range to allow them to throw their heavy objects at me. I took a shot at Spiderman with Corsair, and missed. Rhino threw his light object at Corsair, hitting him for 2, and he lost Long Range Combat Expert. Bummer. On my turn, I took another Running Shot with Silver Surfer, put Corsair on the rooftop next to me, and hit Spiderman for 3 damage, knocking out his Leap/Climb. So now they would have to come around to the stairs to get at me on the roof. I moved Corsair to the top of the ladder, so that anyone climbing it would have to stop immediately, and allow Corsair to get a shot in with Blades/Claws. Surfer took another Running Shot at Spiderman, hitting him for another 3. He now had Outwit!
Rhino climbed the ladder, and Corsair pushed to hit him. I was able to hit, thanks to Rhino’s low defense, and rolled doubles. Knockback! He had Toughness still, so it would reduce my damage by one. I rolled my Blades/Claws…5!!! So Rhino takes 4 damage, and fly’s off of the roof, taking two more damage! WHAMMM!! Toughness saved on of those, but Rhino is in trouble.
At list point, Robert decided to try and save the points. He tried to run, but Surfer is too fast. I hunt down and kill the rest of his team without losing anyone!

Chris: 2-1 768 pts.
Robert: 2-1 681 pts.

Scott vs. Bill

Scott’s Team:
Rhino
Vulture
Black Panther
Marrow

Bill’s Team:
Spiderman
Pyro
Hand Ninja
Daredevil
Elektra

This battle show’s what bad rolls will do to your game. Both teams met in the middle of the board and squared off. Vulture charged the Hand Ninja, and rolled high to hit for 2. The Hand Ninja rolled to hit, and missed by 1. Rhino charged him, and finished him off. Marrow moved up into the midst of Bill’s team, and he made two attacks…he missed by 1 on one attack, and he rolled snake-eye’s on another. Blah. Bill was not able to hit one of Scott’s figures in this game. It was over almost as quickly as my game was. Bill is having the dice destroyed.

Scott: 3-0 1056 pts. (New Leader!)
Bill: 0-3 33 pts.

Kelly vs. Jason

Kelly’s Team:
Ultron
Henchman

Jason’s Team:
Venom
Captain America
Brood Warrior
Black Queen

Jason made Ultron come to him. Ultron hit Cap early and knocked him back, but Black Queen was ready for him, and used Telekenesis to get Venom next to Ultron. Venom Perplexed up his damage and hit Ultron for 4, two of which were absorbed by Invulnerability. That got his attention, for sure! The Henchman was killed by the Brood Warrior, and the rest of the team was able to gang up on Ultron and take him down. In Heroclix, the quantity often beats the quality.

Jason and I tied for the win today with 398 points. We opened the next booster, which was also a Critical Mass package.

R Marrow- Nice piece for 26 points. Stealth, Super Senses and Blades/Claws is a lethal combo. Plus, she has a range of 4. I’d take her.
R Umar- A range piece for 54 points. Also, she has Phasing. A little expensive, but not bad.
V Rhino- See above for Rhino’s exploits. I hate playing against him!
E Brood Warrior- for 20 points, he’s not bad. A decent attack, Toughness and 2 damage make him a bargain.

I'm not overwhelmed with the prizes at this point, but that's not the point of this, anyway!!

On tap for Monday:

Me vs. Kelly- Kelly says that Ultron isn't going to fight the Surfer, but then again, I'm not sure if the Surfer is going to be in this one!
Bill vs. Jason- Will Bill get a win? This is one tough team!
Scott vs. Robert- Can Robert get back on top? It can be done!!!
Old 02-20-2004, 03:57 PM   #11
Calis
College Starter

You gotta bust out Hulk at some point!

Good read so far.

My old love of comics is threatening to force me into getting into this. Must fight the urge though.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 04:27 PM   #12
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

I am horrible with Hulk. You have to push him to get him going, and I just have this thing about pushing...
Old 02-23-2004, 09:26 AM   #13
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

nice read so far. I haven't played Heroclix for a few months now, but I'm getting jazzed up about Sportsclix.
Old 02-23-2004, 01:53 PM   #14
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Results of Day 4

Kelly vs. Me

Kelly’s Team:
Nebula
Daredevil
Moloid
Moon Knight
Hand Ninja
Destiny
Henchman

My Team:
Silver Surfer
Moloid
Skrull Warrior

Quantity vs. Quality again, although Nebula is one tough cookie, as you will soon see. Most of Kelly’s figures have Stealth, so he set himself up with a little fortress of hindering terrain. I had to get over to him and hit him as quickly as possible. On the first turn, I flew out to the middle of the map, and he stayed put. I then used Running Shot and hit Destiny for 3 clicks, moving behind her to keep Nebula from blasting me. He waited to see what I would do, and so on the next turn I finished her off. He moved Daredevil out of the way of his Nebula, and opened fire on me from range. Trusting my high defense, I laughed as she shot at me. But when I saw the boxcars on the dice, it wasn’t so funny anymore. Nebula does 2 base damage, plus 2 for Range Combat Expert, plus 1 for the 12. After Invulnerability kicked in, I still took 3, taking me right past Invulnerability. Groan.
After this, I moved Silver Surfer to get out of town. Kelly moved Moon Knight down to attack my Moloid, and his Hand Ninja blasted my Skrull with another 12. He was just about worthless at this point. My Moloid hit Moon Knight, and he ran away. I followed him and knocked him out, but pushed to do it. Daredevil took out the Moloid, and moved out into the middle of the board. Very tempting target, so I blasted him. Right into Outwit. Shoot.
Daredevil Outwitted my Invulnerability, and the Hand Ninja hit me for 2. I moved out of range, pushing to do it. Now I had Regeneration. Muhahahahahh!
On my next turn, I rolled to Regenerate, and got a 1. Damn! Since you heal the die roll minus 2, that leaves me with nothing. Not good. I ran into a room, and was finally able to gain 1 click with Regenerate. By this time, Kelly was lined up outside, waiting for me to flee. He was finally able to sneak Daredevil in and Outwit my Invulnerability, and Nebula finished off SS. If I had rolled better, I could have won, but it was not to be.

Me: 2-2 809
Kelly: 2-2 847

Bill vs. Jason

Bill’s Team:
Spiderman
Nebula
Pyro

Jason’s Team:
Venom
Captain America
Brood Warrior
Black Queen

I didn’t get to see too much of this game. Venom killed Spiderman, doubling his point value because they are Archenemies. Perplex carried the day again as Venom finished off the rest of Bill’s team. Jason wins the day…again!!

Bill: 0-4 33
Jason: 2-2 991

Robert vs. Scott

Robert’s Team:
Rhino
Spiderman
Kree Warrior

Scott’s Team:
Rhino
Vulture
Black Panther
Marrow

I didn’t get to see too much of this game, either, but it seems that Robert took Scott to the wire. The Rhino’s beat each other up, but Marrow made the difference with some Blades/Claws attacks. Scott locks up the tournament with this win!!

Scott: 4-0 1454
Robert: 2-2 681

The prize package today was an Infinity Challenge.
R Hercules- not a bad piece, but he was better before the expansions. Comes out swinging with Super Strength and 3 damage.
V Black Panther- Stealth, Outwit, Blades/Claws. This is my main target!!
R Whirlwind- Flurry for 20 points. It can come in handy, but not many clicks to this guy.
R Skrull Agent- Does 2 damage, and he’s cheap. Another fluff piece.

Tomorrow’s lineup!

Me vs. Bill
Jason vs. Scott
Robert vs. Kelly

Everyone besides Scott has something to play for!
Old 02-23-2004, 09:04 PM   #15
kingfc22
Head Coach

Damn FOFC. Now I'm wanting more stuff. Heroclix and Sportsclix. AGGHHH. Good read BTW.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:36 PM   #16
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Results of Day 5

Robert vs. Kelly

Robert's Team:
Spiderman
Rhino
Kree Warrior

Kelly's Team:
Henchman
Ultron

Kelly thought that Ultron would be able to dominate Robert's team because of his high attack and long range. It would have been great, if things had worked out his way. Robert charged across the map, with Kelly holding on the roof of a building and taking shots at him. Robert braved the barrage, and got in close with Ultron. Ultron hit Spiderman. The unfortunate part is that he hit him with a doubles, knocking Spiderman off of the roof. 3 damage would have been good, but 5 put him in Outwit. So Spiderman Outwitted Ultron's Invulnerability, and Rhino proceeded to rip him a new one, doing 5 damage in one round, and 4 the next on a push. Ultron was no more. The Henchman died soon after. Robert with the sweep!

Robert: 3-2 1078
Kelly: 2-3 847

Jason vs. Scott

Jason's Team:
Black Queen
Captain America
Venom
Brood Warrior

Scott's Team:
Marrow
Black Panther
Rhino
Vulture

Jason used Perplex masterfully. Scott chose an indoor map, so that Black Queen would not be able to use Telekenesis to the fullest. That didn't matter much as Jason was able to take Rhino down with some lucky rolls and good positioning. Once Rhino was down, the tide shifted, and Scott lost without killing a single unit! Jason the Giant Slayer!!

Scott: 4-1 1454
Jason: 3-2 1388

Bill vs. Me

Bill's Team:
Mole Man
Daredevil
Rhino
Hand Ninja
Elektra

My Team:
Silver Surfer
Corsair

I won the initative, and choose a wide open map with two buildings. Bill started off behind the buildings, and I was set up in the open. I moved into position where I would be able to use my Running Shot to attack any of his pieces on the board. Unfortunately, almost all of them had Stealth, so I would have to make my way through them.
He moved Elektra onto a rooftop, and isolated her. Rhino was still too far away, and so I moved next to Elektra. She broke away, and moved next to Corsair. On my turn, Corsair hit her for 1. she pushed to hit Corsair, and missed. I then did a Running Shot on her with SS, knocking her out of the game.
Rhino moved out, and I did another Running Shot on him. I hit him for 1, preparing to shoot him with Corsair the next turn. Bill moved so that Hand Ninja and Daredevil could attack him, and they both hit him. I was now down to Blades/Claws, and so I moved him next to Daredevil. Unfortuantely, I miscalculated, and Rhino charged and knocked the holy hell out of him. Damn.
Bill tried to move Moleman to attack me, but with my Running Shot, I was able to stay out of his reach, and blast away at Rhino. Eventually Rhino died, and Moleman was in position to Incapacitate Silver Surfer. He pushed to do it, but missed. Hand Ninja was able to hit me with a 12, and knocked me out of range of Moleman. Yay!
I took out Hand Ninja, and then hit Moleman. Once Moleman was out, I concentrated on Daredevil. When I knocked him out of his 2 damage range, it was pretty much over, since his team could not hurt me. He conceded the game. Nice win to finish the tournament!

Chris: 3-2 1176
Bill: 0-5 58

Final Standings
Scott: 4-1
Jason: 3-2
Me: 3-2
Robert: 3-2
Kelly: 2-3
Bill: 0-5

Here are my picks of the prizes!
V Black Panther- he's got Blades/Claws and Outwit. Sweet.
E Kraven- Outwit, Stealth and 3 damage. And a range of 4 to take on fliers!
R Marrow- For 26 points, she's a bargin. See what Scott did with her for proof.
R Whirlwind- Flurry and lots of clicks for 20 points.

Scott was able to take the one Unique that we found...Thanatos. He is one bad motha.

Well, it was fun, and we're talking about doing it again next month! I enjoy the tournaments because I know that the guys I am buying will be used, and not just disappear into a box somewhere.

Last edited by sachmo71 : 02-24-2004 at 02:39 PM.
Old 02-24-2004, 04:17 PM   #17
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Outstanding, outstanding read.

The fact that SportsClix is due to be around sucks since, y'know, it'll keep me broke. And I won't even have anyone to play with. Darn.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 08:29 PM   #18
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Daedalus, have you tried the local comics shop? Many are now hosting weekly tournaments.

And I'm glad you enjoyed reading! Trust me, it was a blast to play!