Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-24-2001, 11:35 AM   #1
Subby
lolzcat

Post WLC Technical Point #2

File this one under the 'I should know better' column:

Twas my tenth season and I had just guided the Richmond Bulldozers to the brink of their thrid post-season appearance of the decade (yeah - wait till next decade!).

Anyway...I went to check my stats and the game crashed. THat really rarely happens to me, so I'm not in th ehabit of saving after every game. Luckily, though I had saved through week 12, but...now my division title, post-season first round bye, and healthy roster are all in jeapordy.

So...learn from the mistakes of the WLC-equivalent of the Cincinnati Bengals:

Save after every game.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com

Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 01:20 PM   #2
MartinD
High School Varsity

Question

I had something similar happen last night - my Thunder Walkers had just lost in the Wild Card round when FOF crashed on me. I had saved after week 17, so I didn't have to go back and replay lots of games, but I did have to replay the playoff game (in which I managed to lose to Philadelphia again) - this season should get posted in the next couple of days.

How should lost games due to crashes be treated for the WLC? In this case, I feel the correct action is straightforward - replay the game, but the result doesn't count (i.e. I would only get credit for the first playing). Other situations are more complicated (like Subby's in his post above) - what if the crash completely changes the course of your season?

Any guidance on how to deal with crashes/lost games?

Martin
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 08:22 AM   #3
Subby
lolzcat

Well, I would say this:

"You aren't allowed to do any better than you did before the crash, but you can certainly do worse."

Por ejemplo:

Scenario #1
You finish the season 6-10, but you crash like a mofo, wiping out your whole season. You replay the season, go 9-7 and make the playoffs.
Ruling: Your playoff run during your replay doesnt count and the most points you can garner for the year are 6.

Scenario #2
You finish the season 6-10, but you crash like a mofo, wiping out your whole season. You replay the season, go 4-12 and make the playoffs.
Ruling: Your point total goes from 6 to 4.

Scenario #3
You finish the season 12-4, win your division, win the Bowl, but crash like a mofo, wiping out your whole season. You replay the season, go 16-0 and lose in the conference finals.

Ruling: Your point total goes from 35 to 17, because you cant claim the perfect season and one point bonus for said season. Plus you lose the extra points brought by the conference final and Superbowl wins.

I think you get the point...save, save, save.

Comments?
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Old 01-25-2001, 10:01 AM   #4
Ctown-Fan
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

Sounds good to me Subby!
Old 01-25-2001, 10:17 AM   #5
TheRoyalOne

Subby, how do you go 4-12 and make the playoffs??? The league sure sucks in your career...
Old 01-25-2001, 10:27 AM   #6
Subby
lolzcat

oops. my mistake. that's what you get for reading that closely

Old 01-25-2001, 12:42 PM   #7
Syrinx
H.S. Freshman Team

Wink

Well TRO it's easy:

First everyone in the division (5 team division) splits all their inter-division games and everyone has a record of 4-4. Then each team looses their 8 games outside the division causing a 5 way tie at 4-12.

Then you just have to win the tie breakers (I think it would either be oponent strength or Points For vs. Points Against) So if you had harder oponents, lost all 12 games by 3 points or less, and blew out your division rivals in your 4 wins, then you're golden!

Syrinx is offline   Reply With Quote