Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-29-2003, 08:29 AM   #1
A-Husker-4-Life
College Prospect

Does anybody Remember This Game??

Total Control Football... I remember when it first came out, I rushed to Wally World and bought it... I was very disappointed the game had some good points but mostly it was unplayable, way to many bugs... I was wondering if anybody has played this game and what you think about it....

A-Husker-4-Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 08:35 AM   #2
rwprice
n00b

Yeah, I still have that game. At the time I found it, I thought "wow--somebody finally put together the best of a graphical football game and the management features I want". I thought that maybe this was going to be what FBPro '99 should have been. Unfortunately, it was not. With the patch, the game at least worked most of the time. I didn't control the action on the field, so maybe I didn't run into the worst of the problems.

On the GM side of things, though, the stats weren't even close to being deep enough. All you could see were some totals for the year. There was no way to slice and dice the stats, which took the fun out of it for me.

I did like the atmosphere of the game and their attempt to make it feel like you were really managing a team, but it fell a little short. Once again, another game that could have benefited from future versions that we'll never see.
rwprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 08:36 AM   #3
jerem77
Mascot

I own it as well. I remember completing my first season with the Green Bay Packers. The team finished with a losing record, but somehow made the playoffs. (they shouldn't have but this was one of the many bugs) The team that wasn't supposed to be in the playoffs ended up winning the superbowl. I also remember that every draft pool was identical. After a patch came out I downloaded it, but the patch made it so i couldn't even boot the game. Definitly the worst game I ever bought. Whenever I read someone around here whining that FOF is unplayable because of this or that, I think of Total Control Football.
jerem77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 03:57 PM   #4
lcjjdnh
College Prospect

Also owned it. I too thought it wouuld be a great game as it had been something I always wanted. On a good note, it was the game which led me into the text sim genre of FOF and CM.
lcjjdnh is offline   Reply With Quote