Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-27-2003, 07:17 AM   #1
vbm95u2
n00b

Question Championship Manager 00/01 crash--any ideas?

I've had this happen to me three times in the last two weeks. I'm playing, I go to save my league, and just as the game is about done saving the computer screen goes black, read something like "system memory dump" and then reboots. i've lost two save game files to corruption because of this. The third time the computer rebooted I was in the middle of a match. When I went into my system log it gives me some weird debugging information. I haven't had this happen on CM before I upgraded my computer. Specs:

Athlon XP 1700
Windows 2000 w/ Service Pack 3 installed
256 Megs DDR RAM
Philips soundcard
NVIDIA GeForce2 Video card (note: for some reason my video card went bad last night too--not certain if this is connected to my CM problem) 32 Megs, PCI.

I read on the CM site that computer overheating can cause the computer to shutdown. My computer isn't actually shutting down, just rebooting, so I don't think this is what the problem is. Could it be something related to Windows 2000?

Perplexed and frustrated

vbm95u2

vbm95u2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 10:08 PM   #2
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Cm and Athlon processors dont really get along. Hopefully, this will be fixed in CM 4.
Old 01-28-2003, 09:15 AM   #3
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

I've had absolutely no problems attributable to my Athlon processor with CM 00/01. I can attest to that, for sure.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 07:59 AM   #4
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

CM and AMD processors get along just fine normally.

When CM3 was first released AMD processors were commonly used as self-upgrades by people without changing their RAM to the required spec which is where this particular 'urban myth' sprang from (basically because one of the questions on my tech question list was asking if you had an AMD processor and some people jumped to the wrong conclusion).

With regards to your crash without more information I'm afraid there isn't much I can do to advise you, if you haven't already I'd suggest downloading the latest patch for that version of CM and if that doesn't help posting details of the problem (and your PC spec) on the sigames.com technical support forum where we'll do our best to get you up and running again.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote