Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-21-2004, 08:21 AM   #1
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quick FOF 2004 Gameplan Question

Well I finally made the leap from TCY to FOF 2004 last night and was amazed at the differences between the last FOF I played which was the 2001 season...especially in the gameplan dept. My question in regards to gameplans is...how many of you use the gameplan that is recommended? And if you do...how effective is it?

And for those of you who have used the Falcons in a career...how effective has Michael Vick been for you?

MikeVick7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 08:25 AM   #2
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

I never ever dick around with the game plan. Way too complicated for me !

However, I usually watch my games and will occasionnaly step in if I want to run a specific play or go for it on 4th down or such like... Yes, I'm the meddlesome owner coaches have nightmares about !

As for your 2nd question, sorry can't help you as i've never played with the Falcons and I usually don't play with real life players anyway...
Old 01-21-2004, 08:46 AM   #3
Icy
Pro Starter

I always tweak my gameplans, first i look the scout for the next oponent, then i tweak both offense & defense strategies and formations. That is part of the fun to me, else for me the season is just sim, sim, sim.
The recommended gameplans are good and enought for mostly of the users, but if you want to take advantage of a specific part of your team, better do it yourself. For example, in the enfl online league where i manage Miami, i get R.Williams at the top of running backs and he is going to get more than 2000 rushing yards this season, that is tweaking the gameplans, the recommended ones are more conservative.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 12:02 PM   #4
Honolulu Blue
Dynasty Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastic flying froggies
I never ever dick around with the game plan. Way too complicated for me !

I feel your pain. I long for the relative simplicity of FOF2 and TCY.
Honolulu Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 12:15 PM   #5
timmae
College Starter

I've just started my first season of MP play and I have begun to tweak the game plans a bit. My question is when I change the plan it seems I may be doing more harm than good!?!? Without simming a bunch of additional seasons... is it possible to get to carried away with all the ratios, etc?
timmae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 06:54 PM   #6
Leonidas
College Benchwarmer

I use a hybrid gameplan. I didn't like the way the game did my run settings so I did that myself. But I let the game set the pass percentages because I think it reflects QB skills better than I can. I do set my own formation % because the game does not take your QB's known formations when setting it. I usually build a separate profile for my starting QB and my backup with those changes made. As for player time, I always set that.
Old 01-21-2004, 08:19 PM   #7
Karim
College Starter

My first season I tweaked and tweaked before every game. I felt I ought to try it at least once. It became too much of a headache.

I just try and be the GM. Hire the right coaches and trust their judgement, although I completely control the depth chart.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote