Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-24-2003, 05:00 PM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The Big East Still Isn't the Big Easy (2006-)

All the year four posts will be copied here, and tonight I will continue.

My record, through four full years at Boston College:

Year 1: 20-11, 10-6 Big East, (NCAA: Six Seed, 2nd round loss to Cincinatti)

Year 2: 27-6, 13-3 Big East, (NCAA: 1 Seed, Championship Loss to Texas Tech)

Year 3: 23-11, 10-6 Big East (NCAA: 6 seed, 1st round loss to Arizona St)

Year 4: 32-8, 10-6 Big East (NCAA: 3 Seed, NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP)

Saying good bye to the three..

Omar Riggs (19.7 MPG, 8.8 PPG, 6 RPG)

Got better every year. His top games was a 21 point burst against Wisconsin Green-Bay, and a 19 point undertaking against Villanova.

Tremayne Turner (26.3 MPG, 6.9 PPG, 4.2 RPG, 5.4 APG)

Ran the offense beautifully. Made several key threes. Won the Finals MVP. Great player.

John Gadzuric (26.7 MPG, 12.4 PPG, 7.2 RPG) Scored over 1,000 points in three years at BC. (1,028 to be exact) But you have to go beyond the sheer numbers. The steals. The key shots. That three against Umass..

Welcome to my Hall of Fame, John.. Good luck in the pros.

SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 05:00 PM   #2
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

posted 01-23-2003 12:00 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interesting Fact: The win over Cincinatti to get to the Final Four was my 100th win as BC Head Coach. I am now 102-36 in four years. That's a .739 win percentage.
During the off season, Kentucky tries to blitz me away from BC.. but I end that speculation as soon as I hear about it. I'm not going anywhere.

Only one BC Player gets picked in the Draft... John Gadzuric will play his pro ball with.. the Boston Celtics, who swung a trade for him, after the Utah Jazz picked him 25th. The Celtics gave up 2nd round picks in this year's draft and next year's. Stay awhile John.. we're not letting go of you THAT easy

Recruit report:

We redshirt Clarence Reeves. He's a great passer, good handler of the ball, and quick.. but needs some polish. We'll see what we can do with an extra year from him, assuming he doesn't go early of course!

Gary Griffith likely will be our starting point guard. The kid can PLAY.. full bars at: Free Throw Shooting, Handling, Stealing, Perimiter Defense, and Endurance. Almost full bars of passing, jumping and quickness. Wow.

Lilly's a little disappointing, but still a very good player.. I have a feeling he'll anchor the middle next year ready or not
Old 01-24-2003, 05:01 PM   #3
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

((Post by Klayman))

Congratulations! Great reading. Too bad about Lilly, though.
Old 01-24-2003, 05:01 PM   #4
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

((Post by "Chas in Cinti"))

Congrats Foz...
Been reading since the beginning... I'm ready to buy this game soon!

Regards,
Chas
Old 01-24-2003, 05:02 PM   #5
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

((Post by Rich1033))

Great Job!
Keep it up, I really enjoyed reading this dynasty.

--------------------

Squaddie 4 Life!
Old 01-24-2003, 05:02 PM   #6
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the words of praise.. Yes.. DO get this game... just be prepared to face that "one more game syndrome"
We have the sixth best recruiting class in all the land.. but have a lot of work in front of us, as even with Gadzuric leaving early for the pros, we will have four spots to fill, as we have three regular seniors and JC Transfer senior Bucky Henry to fill after this season. But let's take a look at the starting line up:

PG: Gary Griffith (6'0" 158, FROSH) This guy loves to shoot 3 pointers, but is a quintessential point guard. Can handle and pass the rock like no one else on our roster can.

SG: Joel Walcott (6'2 155, Soph (9.1 MPG, 3.7 PPG last year) Walcott didn't just get better over the summer and fall, he got MUCH better. 8 Full maxed out bars, including all four scoring ones. If he lives up to his potential, I think another candidate for my Hall of Fame.

SF: Clinton Scott (6'1 157 Sr (10.5 MPG, 3.5 PPG), Yes I know this means our three smallest players are all below 6'3, but I couldn't deny Scott a position.. 3 guards is fine, especially when you can SHOOT like these guards can.

PF: Larry Harper (6'9, 248 Sr (25.9 MPG, 10.3 PPG, 11.5 RPG) A lot of the rebounding needs fall on him with the 3 small guards we play. He will also need to upgrade his inside game. But I think this is Harp's year.

C: Kevin Lilly (7'1, 297 FROSH) Well.. let's see how he does. I need his big body in there to make sure we get the boards. Harper can't do it alone.

Reserves:

Guards: George Smith (Sr) and Tim Gooden (Jr) will be my 2nd pair. Smith is a little upset about not starting, but has turned it into working harder in practice.

Forwards: Pretty well covered here.. as Roman Simmons, and Marcus Jensen will get a lot of time, and Bucky Henry is always in the mix, for when the guards get tired out there.

Center: Michael Tyler and Brian Crispin back us up here. I decided to keep Crispin at least one more year, with four scholarships already needed, no sense in requiring miracles at recruiting:

We start the year ranked 2nd in the nation, and will play AGAIN in the Alaska Challenge.
Old 01-24-2003, 05:03 PM   #7
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

((Couple posts squished into one)

Our first game, against unranked Texas is the Larry Harper show. He scores 18 points and adds 18 boards as well, Walcott adds 13, and Griffith, in his first game in the college ranks, hits all four shots he takes (3 of them from 3-point land) for 11 points. We beat Texas 71-61.
We move on to play 16th Ranked St Joseph's in the semifinals. Again, Harper goes huge, with 18 points, and 14 boards, Scott adds 16, Walcott 15, and Griffith (despite missing two shots, a first for him in the college ranks , he still went 4-6 though) 11. St Joseph's gets run down, 76-65.

It's #8 Mississippi St. in the finals, and this one is nip and tuck all the way. I know it's going to be a broken record all year long, but Harper scores 17 and adds 18 boards, but the Bulldogs are still up 2 with :25 to play..and shades of last year.. there's one player who wants it more then any one else. That player is Gary Griffith. He had made 5-11 before that shot, including 1 of 3 pointers.. but with :13 on the clock.. he hits the biggest shot imaginable, a three ball from straight out.. and we hold on for a 61-60 win.

Not a bad start for the rook, eh?

The win moves us to #1 in the nation!

(please note, at this point, I have upgraded to 1.19)
The run of victories continue for the Eagles, as we destroy New Hampshire 91-45, with no player playing more then 20 minutes, Smith scoring 23, Scott and Harper 16.

Up next is a game I've been somewhat dreading, a trip to Texas A&M. Fortunately, my dread is not realized, as we beat them 74-58. Harper scored 21, Scott 20, and Walcott 16.

We nearly set a record for our best defensive game when we host Gardner Webb, but we'll "settle" for the 69-28 win. Scott and Walcott had 14 each, Harper 12, Griffith 11, and SImmons 10.

Harper continues to score a lot of points, notching 20 in the 79-36 demolishing of Lamar. Scott adds 18 and Lilly scores double digits for the first time with 10.

So we are 7-0 on the year, still #1 in the nation. With four coming up at home against Miss Valley St, Depaul a trip to Hartford, and a game against Georgia St, we should be 11-0 very shortly, before tougher opposition arrives in the form of Florida St.

But we do a first, in my four and a third years.. we've signed many great players.. but never before have we signed two FIVE STAR players in one fell swoop:

First:

PF- Roderick Haywood (6'9", 211 lbs) *****

Offense Good
Defense Good
Handling Avg
Rebounding Excellent
Athleticism: Avg
Potential: Excellent

Averaging 33.3 ppg for Bromfield High School in Bromfield, MA (and adding 12 rebounds per game) I think our PF situation for the future is solved.

Ranked: #6 PF, #12 East, #28 overall

And

SG Brandon Pangrazio (6'3", 187) *****

Offense: Excellent
Defense: Good
Handling: Excellent
Rebounding: Poor
Athleticism: Average

Averaging 31.0 PPG for Sumter High School (not to mention 7.6 APG), Pangrazzio is a real find. This could be the best duo in BC history so far.

Ranked: SG #2, #9 South, #33 Overall
Old 01-24-2003, 05:04 PM   #8
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

((Post by Klayman))

Sweet...BC's going to get the #1 class this year for sure.
Old 01-24-2003, 05:05 PM   #9
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

((more post squishing))

I don't know about that.. (see below for why)
We demolish DePaul 80-44, and Hartford 71-45, to run our record to 9-0, as predicted.

What we didn't predict.. what we COULDN'T predict.. is the fact that we no longer need to recruit four freshmen for next year.

We will have to recruit SIX.

Roman Simmons and Tim Gooden both inform me this is their last year at BC. I don't think they're good enough for the draft, but que sera sera. Time to hit the recruiting trail.

We recruit our third player, and he's not bad..
PF Dan Williams (6'6" 180) ***

Off: Avg
Def: Avg
Handling: Good
Rebound: Good
Athletic: Avg
Potential: Good

Ranked: Not Ranked.

Still got three more holes to fill however. Now I'm glad I didn't cut Crispin. Could you imagine trying to recruit SEVEN players in one year?

Scott scores 22 as we run past Georgia St, 74-48.

We are getting closer to the full amount.. we lock down a fourth, pretty good player:

SG: Allen Redhage (6'2", 162) ****

Off: Good
Def: Good
Handl: Excellent
Rebound: Avg
Athletic: Avg
Pot: Excellent

Playing for Millbury HS in Millbury, MA, Redhage averages 39 points per game, and 6.4 rebounds per game.

Ranked: #6 SG, #22 East, #64 Overall

Two more players to go.. but on the court, we have a big fish to fry, as we travel down to Tallahassee to take on Florida St.

((Post by Aggie2002))
Love those logos in the screenshot - where'd you get 'em?

((Back to me))

There's a couple packs out there, I forget where, check the TDCB boards, there's a mod forum, which adds the team nicknames and the logos to the teams and the conferences:
This will be updated on the new board, I will post all the season 4 posts over there
Old 01-24-2003, 05:05 PM   #10
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

and we're all caught up. More coming tonight!
Old 01-24-2003, 08:31 PM   #11
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Three more routs to report:

Georgia St 74-48
Florida St (3-7) 92-42
Nicholls St 70-59

And a fifth player to sign.. this is almost getting boring announcing.. thank goodness only one more

C (will be SF/PF) Maurice Fields (6'6", 230") ***

Off: Below Avg
Defense: Good
Handling: Avg
Rebound: Avg
Athletic: Good

Scores 9.4 and Rebounds 13.0 per game for Santa Fe HS in Gainesville Fl, Not ranked.

We finish non-conference 13-0, and #1 in the nation. Time to take on the Big East.

Last edited by SirFozzie : 01-24-2003 at 08:34 PM.
Old 01-27-2003, 10:37 PM   #12
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the dynasty forum...

The Good news is we went 13-0 in non-league play.

The bad news is that we are currently 0-2 in league play, as losses to 17th ranked Villanova and 5th ranked Seton Hall by scores of 74-58 and 61-50 drop us to the bottom of the big east.

We FINALLY end our recruiting season with:

SF Mike Sharp (6'8" 210) ***

Off: Avg, Def Avg, Handl: Below Avg, Reb: Avg, Athletic: Avg, Potential: Exc

Avg: 11.3 PPG, 9.9 RPG

Ranked: #89 Midwest
Old 01-27-2003, 10:47 PM   #13
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The rematch against Nova is huge.. we need to stop this slide.. NOW.

Well howdy, Mr Joel Walcott.. you want to make a splash? Well have at it.

Fourty minutes later, we've got our revenge against Nova, beating then 70-58, and Walcott, is absolutely tremendous. He goes 10-15 from the floor, including 7-11 from three ball range, on his way to 27 points, and just about singlehandledly beats Nova. (the rest of the team shot 16-56)
Old 01-28-2003, 10:34 AM   #14
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Having recovered our equilibrium somewhat, we win our next three (making it a four game conference winning streak), to get back to 4-2 in the conference, 17-2 overall, and back up to #2 in the nation (from #4)

Win At St John's 72-58, Walcott with 17, Scott with 14, Griffith 13, and Simmons 10.

Win @ #8 UConn, 76-72: We come back from 8 down with 5 to play to take this one. Scott has an UNBELIEVABLE game, going 11-15 from the floor, including 6-7 from 3-ball land, on his way to 30 points, inluding the 3 pointer that gave us a 73-72 lead with :45 to play.

Win over Virginia Tech 75-67. Smith gets 20, and Scott cools off from last game, but still gets 14.

This week is just as tough as week 1 and the last couple weeks, there are really no soft touches in the Big East this year, as we have games at home against #5 Syracuse and the rematch against now #11 UConn
Old 01-28-2003, 10:53 AM   #15
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

"Power" Coaching suit (with tie) $750

Hair Gel, combs, for that "Relaxed look" even when I'm down 20, $50/month.

Beating the #5 team in all the land by 27 when your top scorer only has 13?: PRICELESS

Yes.. there are somethings money can't buy, and our 80-53 whoopin of Syracuse is one of them. We didn't need one player to resue us tonight, we took a 7 point half time lead and the subs just widened it out. EIGHT players scored at least seven points! The win moves us up to #1 in the land.. but UConn's looking for some revenge!
Old 01-28-2003, 11:05 AM   #16
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

UConn's back up to 6th in the nation, entering this game. This is nationally televised on ESPN.. so we have a chance to do what no BC team has done, sweep UConn.

We do so, as Scott proves he's not a fluke by scoring 29 in a 91-78 win