Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-27-2003, 03:46 PM   #1
Sporkimata
High School JV

MOO 3 gone gold

Its actually happened friday but I was curious if anyone else is excited bout this? I can hardly wait for the stuipid game. (which usually translates to disappointment, but a guys gotta have dreams)

Sporkimata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 03:48 PM   #2
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

The cow simulator!?!? Great!!! Been waiting for that.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 03:50 PM   #3
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

I am waiting for BAA 3 to go gold.

Do I get banned for 3 days for the forum's worst joke of the week?

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 03:51 PM   #4
Bee
Pro Starter

I had been really excited about it early on, but the longer it was delayed the less interested I became. At this point, I'll wait for at least 2 reviews from people I respect before making a purchasing decision.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 03:52 PM   #5
Sporkimata
High School JV

err..ahem...Master of Orion 3. Though a Cow simulator would be fun. Do you simulate the life of the cow or go for the business side of it as a rancher, or dariy farm...hmmmmm....
Old 01-27-2003, 03:54 PM   #6
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally posted by Sporkimata
err..ahem...Master of Orion 3. Though a Cow simulator would be fun. Do you simulate the life of the cow or go for the business side of it as a rancher, or dariy farm...hmmmmm....

I just like to stimulate cows....oh, er..I mean simulate. Yeah. That's it.
Old 01-27-2003, 03:57 PM   #7
Sporkimata
High School JV

Watch out...I grew up in a very very tiny rural town. Cow stiumlating ranked high up there with cow tipping. Bringing back memories..must..get....to...happy place...
Old 01-27-2003, 04:00 PM   #8
GrantDawg

Quote:
Watch out...I grew up in a very very tiny rural town. Cow stiumlating ranked high up there with cow tipping. Bringing back memories..must..get....to...happy place...

I used to get woke up by screaming cows for the pasture next door to the house. I know somethin' about cow tipping.
Old 01-27-2003, 04:02 PM   #9
Sporkimata
High School JV

Hey...maybe Jim can work on a cow tipping sim. Its a very underappreciated sport. Takes a certain skill set and alcohol level to really pull off. Could be a winner.
Old 01-27-2003, 04:14 PM   #10
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Bee
I had been really excited about it early on, but the longer it was delayed the less interested I became. At this point, I'll wait for at least 2 reviews from people I respect before making a purchasing decision.

Thats kinda my feeling these days. I was really wanting this game, but now I'm gonna wait and see how well normal people like it.
Old 01-27-2003, 04:21 PM   #11
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I was interested as well, but I think it was hyped, and then they fell behind...I'd rather save up for CM. I've decided that CM will pretty much be my only computer gaming purchase this year, nothing out there excites me...
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 04:21 PM   #12
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Hey...maybe Jim can work on a cow tipping sim. Its a very underappreciated sport. Takes a certain skill set and alcohol level to really pull off. Could be a winner.

I's actually prefer watermelon seed spitting.....but i'm a Canadian..what do i know

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 04:30 PM   #13
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Bee, that is my sentiment exactly. All the waiting has actually made me think about purchasing Galactic Civilizations. I will probably get MOO3, but, like SimCity4, it will interest me for a week and then it will sit and collect dust.

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 04:30 PM   #14
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks to Tasan, bbor and Qwikshot for getting this topic away from some scary places that Spork and GrantDawg were taking it.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 04:40 PM   #15
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Marmel
Thanks to Tasan, bbor and Qwikshot for getting this topic away from some scary places that Spork and GrantDawg were taking it.

No problem, glad to be of service.
Old 01-27-2003, 04:43 PM   #16
Sporkimata
High School JV

The games been horribly delayed but for once for a good reason. They had gotten to a certain point and had felt it was no fun. Im actually glad to see a company delay a game to make it better. How often is crap rushed out the door!!
Old 01-27-2003, 04:45 PM   #17
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Marmel

Anything to bump my post count

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 04:46 PM   #18
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by bbor
Anything to bump my post count

Oh I concur...
Old 01-27-2003, 04:48 PM   #19
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
The games been horribly delayed but for once for a good reason. They had gotten to a certain point and had felt it was no fun. Im actually glad to see a company delay a game to make it better. How often is crap rushed out the door!!

dola...

I hate how games are rushed out the door...it's amazing that the public accepts that games are flawed while buying them...if you bought a brand new car missing a bumper but that would get added (free of charge minus shipping and handling) sometime down the road...they wouldn't stand for it...

Amazing.
Old 01-27-2003, 05:25 PM   #20
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Cow stimulating, now there's a concept I can't get enough of!
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 05:46 PM   #21
BFleming
H.S. Freshman Team

I actually had a chance to play MOO 3 last October (used to manage an EB, had a vendor show in florida), the game looked almost set..I was a fan of the MOO series, but this one just didn't do it for me although I was only able to play for maybe 20 minutes...I dunno...

As for cow stimulating....nevermind..lol
BFleming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 02:06 AM   #22
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I have the same reservations. I will wait for some reviews, but with CM4 coming out in March, I can't see being able to spend much time with it. I will buy CM4, play it until EHM:FE comes out. I think that will about do it for me on the computer.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote