Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-27-2003, 06:11 PM   #1
Phoenix
Mascot

Millen is the problem

This guy must have a box of rocks atop his neck (nice table banging). How is he qualified to be the CEO of an organization? He has no prior management experience. The Lions would be better of with Jacques Nasser. They won't go anywhere with this guy at the helm.

The reporter that asked him "what about you?" - or whatever - was dead on. Millen's the one driving the Lions further and further into the ground.

Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 06:16 PM   #2
cmp
Pro Rookie

If he lands Mariucci I'll then have some faith in him. I never really saw Morningwheg as the problem though. Millen is the one who took a 9-7 team who missed out on the playoffs on the final play of the season and destroyed them to the point where they are on a level only with the Bengals.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 07:47 PM   #3
Anthony
Banned

uhhhh...what's up with all these Lions threads.

the team is not that good to be generating all this noise. hush now.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 07:51 PM   #4
detroit_fan
H.S. Freshman Team

HA, go to Heaven!
Old 01-27-2003, 08:19 PM   #5
samifan24
Pro Starter

Hey, I like the Lions! Seriously though, I agree that Millen is the problem. He brought the team down and made several poor personnel decision. While Morningwheg wasn't all that great, I think Millen was more of the problem.
Like they're saying though, if the Lions bring in Mariucci and he does well (or whoever they bring in for that matter,) then I think it will be all thanks to whoever the coach ends up being. Millen can be countered by a good coach, which Morningwheg was not.
Old 01-28-2003, 02:00 AM   #6
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Millen is the problem. He's way over his head. He makes horrible personnell decisions. I am not just talking about cutting Jeff Hartings or releasing other talent and signing crap-ass free agents (Eric Davis), but it's the way he does things. The whole letting Gary Moeller go and hiring Mornhinweg was a bit dodgy. Letting players linger on the team and then cutting them right before the season (James Jones). Promising he'll do everything to keep them in the fold and then not re-siging them (Johnny Morton). Now this? He gives Marty a vote of confidence. Lets Marty go out and hire/promote an entire staff. Then fires him? His calling a player a "devout coward." His blatant disappointment with the drafting of Harrington.

The man is an idiot. He has no grace. No dignity. And apparently no loyalty. He sits in Pennsylvania all week and flies in for games. He sucks. Why anyone, player, administrative staff, coach, etc. would want to come work for the organization while Millen is at the helm is beyond me.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote