Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-28-2003, 01:31 AM   #1
kiwiLB57
H.S. Freshman Team

Salary Cap Situation 2003

Hey Guys,

My flatmate (who is a lifelong Buccs fan - seriously) is wondering on the salary cap situation for 2003 (i.e. what teams are under and what teams are over), and for Tampa in particular.

I have had a little search on the net and on the forums as I remember this being discussed previously. However I am crap and haven't found anything.

Does anybody know what the situation is or have a link with the info?

Much appreciated.

kiwiDE57

P.s. we had a great day down here. Superbowl Sunday is Monday here, but luckily always falls on a public holiday. Brillant.

Coverage started at 11.30am NZDT with a 12.30pm kickoff. We had a BBQ on the deck before and after the game for about a dozen of our friends / team mates with a fair amount of beer consumed in between.

Nice work those Buccs.

"the run it at da white boy philosophy will not xsist wif out.... da white boys"

Amen

kiwiLB57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 01:42 AM   #2
DolaBump
Mascot

Here's an article about how good of shape the Bucs are in cap wise --

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs02/columnist/2003/0127/1499628.html
DolaBump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 01:54 AM   #3
mrskippy
Banned

The Raiders are $46 million over the cap. However when the cut Darrell Russell and now it looks like Barrett Robbins they'll cut about $15.3 million. There shouldn't be a cap penalty either, since it may end up being voided contracts.

Talk is the Raiders will first see who is willing to take a pay cut with the hope of keeping the Raiders intact for one more go at it. Tim Brown likely will take the cut to retire a Raider.

Jerry Rice doesn't want to leave the Bay Area. The Niners are unlikely to sign him. He still wants to play and isn't concerned much about the $$$ these days. Pay cut there too.

As for the rest, it'll be interesting.

Al Davis is a shrewd businessman and I don't think he'll let the Raiders go downhill. Everyone thinks the Raiders are a disaster waiting to happen.

Lets not forget the extra picks and cash they still get the next two years.

A coworker did give some food for thought today. Al Davis is always has a lawsuit against the NFL. Hmmm ... could Al sue to rescind the salary cap ... "I'm rich. I'm a senior owner. To hell with the salary cap."
mrskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 01:57 AM   #4
kiwiLB57
H.S. Freshman Team

Thanks DB.

Now my flatties grin is even wider at the prospect of keeping the team largely intact...

Buccs projected to be about $2mil or so over the cap at this stage. Five guys to resign (or four if you cut Tupa. The dude clearly took the money to do whatever he could to get the bucks to lose .

A whole year of hearing how is Buccs knocked my niners out and then took out the big one.

Kill me now.

kiwiDE57

"the run it at da white boy philosophy will not xsist wif out.... da white boys"

Amen
kiwiLB57 is offline   Reply With Quote