Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old Today, 11:03 AM   #401
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
All I need tonight is for Mike Gesicki to outscore Josh Allen by 11.9 points, and I'll win the week in fantasy.

I am up 12 facing Buffalos D. My team went into the season with McCaffery, Debo, and Njoku. Hurts sucked yesterday and I still have a chance to win.

Here is the bitch of it. I have Singeltery and he had a clear TD but went to the ground so they could just run out the clock. I am probably gonna lose because of that
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:08 AM   #402
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
My daughter badly wants to go see the Lions. Closest game is near the end of the season in Indy. I just ... have no interest in the whole rigamarole involved with travelling, paying for expensive tickets, etc. Not to mention, it's a late season game so it could get flexed. I don't need that kind of uncertainty, nor a possible stay in Indy on a Sunday night.

The flipside is that we're also Denver fans, and I am going to a conference in mid-November when the Broncos are home against the Falcons. I may go because I'll be there. My daughter is pissed, to say the least. Even though I'll be there, I still don't know whether it's worth the hassle - although I've never been to a Broncos home game.

I'll bet the price of tickets drops if Indy is out of it and the game is meaningless
Old Today, 11:10 AM   #403
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am not really a fan of going to football games. It is a long day, you can't see as well, you miss all the other games, beers are a fortune and just getting in and out is a mess.

The only place I didn't mind was Seattle because the stadium is right downtown so it was easy for me to take a bus then walk to the stadium.
Old Today, 12:53 PM   #404
thesloppy
Pro Starter

The Phoenix stadium was relatively close to the airport (20 min?). Having said that, my Uber to the stadium was $40 my uber back from the stadium was $120
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:07 PM   #405
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I am not really a fan of going to football games. It is a long day, you can't see as well, you miss all the other games, beers are a fortune and just getting in and out is a mess.

The only place I didn't mind was Seattle because the stadium is right downtown so it was easy for me to take a bus then walk to the stadium.

For me, in person football games have gotten to the point that I am pretty upset with myself for going if my team doesn't win. I don't feel that way about basketball or baseball or soccer, but the combo of the price for tickets, how much of my day they eat up time-wise, the traffic/parking situations, and how horribly behaved the majority of crowds are - I just get less and less from going in person and losses feel almost devastating. Maybe they were always this way and I just used to drink more.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:18 PM   #406
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Cousins goes to London when he needs a play.

Which raises the question . . . why not just go to London all of the time?

He's the best receiver, and he's clearly the one Cousins trusts the most. But he seems to ignore him for 3/4 of the game.

(Yes, I own London in fantasy)
I don't think he does fully trust him, and I don't think Cousin completely trust himself yet. He is loosing yards by holding the ball instead of throwing and trusting is arm. I also don't think he fully trust any of his receivers. There was a good example of why last night, when he threw to the spot he thought London would be, an London went the other way. Pitts has a tendency to takes plays off and does not finish routes. London tends to misreads his option routes. Even Mooney has missed finishing routes, and it cost the team a touchdown in the last game. Until Cousins gets on the same page as his receivers it is really going to limit the offense.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:21 PM   #407
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
The Phoenix stadium was relatively close to the airport (20 min?). Having said that, my Uber to the stadium was $40 my uber back from the stadium was $120
Uber is painful to and from games. The good news for where the Falcons stadium is now, it is an easy to bars and restaurants to kill time. My wife and I just walked past Olympic park and picked up an Uber less than half the price they were showing closer to the stadium when we went last year.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:18 PM   #408
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I'll bet the price of tickets drops if Indy is out of it and the game is meaningless

Colts-Texans game last season was going for roughly 2/3 of face value on the second hand market until the week before the game became relevant to the playoff picture. Then it shot up to like 3 or 4x face value. Only reason I know that is because I was planning on going to the game but was waiting to make sure it didn't get flexed before I purchased. When the ticket price went through the roof I decided to stay home.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:24 PM   #409
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
For me, in person football games have gotten to the point that I am pretty upset with myself for going if my team doesn't win. I don't feel that way about basketball or baseball or soccer, but the combo of the price for tickets, how much of my day they eat up time-wise, the traffic/parking situations, and how horribly behaved the majority of crowds are - I just get less and less from going in person and losses feel almost devastating. Maybe they were always this way and I just used to drink more.

I feel the same, after just completing that trip. The cost in effort, money and comfort just doesn't seem worth it, unless you can alleviate one of those factors....and yeah, as I said above, thank God they won. If they had lost the whole thing would've felt like a very poor decision.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:35 PM   #410
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Post game Ubers are a mess in Pittsburgh unless you’re willing to walk/boat/train off the north shore. Then it’s pretty easy.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:38 PM   #411
Danny
Head Coach

Imagine the time, energy and cost to go see the Raiders play their home opener against the lowly Panthers
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote