Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-02-2024, 11:47 AM   #351
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
So my daughters team is firing on all cylinders. She is catching and hitting 5th. They have won their pool games by a combined 51-12. If we win tonight we move on to the district title game.

Our last pool game we put up 19 runs in the second inning. There is a mercy rule that if one team is up 15 runs after 3 innings its called. They were the home team so we had to play all 3 innings. In this league the tie breaker is run differential so we had to keep pouring it on. I felt bad for the other team but their coach started getting really pissed and chirping at ours. When we went up 21-2 they actually turned to scoreboard off, which was so childish.

This is why runs allowed have become a more standard tie breaker for baseball tourney play. It doesn't feel good to be on either side of those games.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2024, 12:14 PM   #352
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I just checked and it’s actually runs allowed but I guess since they are in our side of the bracket we needed to put runs on them?

The funny thing is that team actually still advanced to bracket play and if they win tonight we would play them tomorrow for the title assuming we win tonight.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2024, 12:48 PM   #353
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
So my daughters team is firing on all cylinders. She is catching and hitting 5th. They have won their pool games by a combined 51-12. If we win tonight we move on to the district title game.

Our last pool game we put up 19 runs in the second inning. There is a mercy rule that if one team is up 15 runs after 3 innings its called. They were the home team so we had to play all 3 innings. In this league the tie breaker is run differential so we had to keep pouring it on. I felt bad for the other team but their coach started getting really pissed and chirping at ours. When we went up 21-2 they actually turned to scoreboard off, which was so childish.

In the old NES game Baseball Stars, I would always play as the road team so I could rack up a few more runs before the 10 run mercy rule kicked in at the end of the inning.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2024, 12:57 PM   #354
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
In the old NES game Baseball Stars, I would always play as the road team so I could rack up a few more runs before the 10 run mercy rule kicked in at the end of the inning.

My all time favorite game. It’s the first game I remember that you could customize. I
Old 07-02-2024, 01:35 PM   #355
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
I just checked and it’s actually runs allowed but I guess since they are in our side of the bracket we needed to put runs on them?

The funny thing is that team actually still advanced to bracket play and if they win tonight we would play them tomorrow for the title assuming we win tonight.

Very likely why. I've also seen caps put on run diff. 8 or 10 seems to be the standard. Tournaments are finding it's hard to fill spots when boat races at younger ages is encouraged.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2024, 01:59 PM   #356
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Very likely why. I've also seen caps put on run diff. 8 or 10 seems to be the standard.

Yeah, capping the benefit is how (for example) a lot of our HS football regions deal with point-based tiebreakers. I kinda figured that would be common elsewhere in competitions of this sort, although I guess with fewer games involved to differentiate I suppose tied teams remaining tied when both maxxed out the benefit could be an issue.
Old Yesterday, 04:04 PM   #357
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Sorry I have turned this into a bit of a dynasty.

We won last night 18-2 so we have now outscored the competition 69-14. My daughter got her first home run last night. It was awesome to see her and her teammates so excited.

We play for the divisional title tonight against the team we just beat 29-8, so unless they have some lights out pitcher who missed Saturdays game I am feeling pretty good.
Old Yesterday, 09:24 PM   #358
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Boom. District Champs