Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-30-2003, 06:40 PM   #1
Troll
H.S. Freshman Team

FOF Running QB's

Just got a question about how in FOF Scramble Frequency relates to 40 speed. I just selected a Rookie QB in the draft. I have a dominate D, allowed 15.2 points a game last year and most of them were because my piece of crap QB threw a million ints. I even jacked up my running totals but it couldnt help my QB who tossed 22 ints. My D fielded the Defensive player of the year with 98 tackles, 10 sacks and 4 picks. A corner with 10 picks and 2 TD's. Another LB with 131 tackles and a DE with 15 sacks and 39 hurries. All 4 players were All League. We managed to win 9 games and it just so happened that a trade I made a few years ago landed me the #3 pick in the draft this year. I'm in the process of building a pretty good team with a great possession reciever rated 71/71, and next to him i got the league's fastest player who is currently at 47/69. At this pick I see a QB who rated by my scout is 60!/79 coming in as a rookie. I look at his 40 time and i see 4.30! Needless to say I draft him and he is the leagues 3rd fastest player however his scramble frequency is just at 85. 11th among all the QB's in the league. So my question is does his 40 time matter at all come gametime?

Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 06:59 PM   #2
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Like in real life, not really. You can run as fast as a bullet in a straight line, but if you're not able to make cuts it doesn't amount to a thing.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 07:37 PM   #3
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Isn't the rating for scrambling "frequency." This from the FOF help file: "QBs are also rated for how often they choose to run when a pass is called." So speed has nothing to do with it other than if they are fast they probably will take off more often. Like McNabb you have a QB who would rather stay in the pocket and actually play QB.
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 08:01 PM   #4
Troll
H.S. Freshman Team

This QB has developed extremely fast and has FAR exceeded his initial 60/79 rating. At the end of his rookie year he was rated 83/83. Now 6 games into his sophomore campaign he is at 90/90. He has gotten better after every game he has played this season and is currently all red bars, but they just keep getting bigger and bigger. Anyone else have a QB develop this fast?
Old 01-01-2004, 08:51 PM   #5
Troll
H.S. Freshman Team

This is becoming borderline bug, after each game he seems to be getting a rating bump that amounts to about 1 point overal. After 7 games he became a 91/91, after 8 games a 92/92 where he currently is.
Old 01-01-2004, 09:55 PM   #6
Tasan
College Starter

and yet you complain about this.....take it for what it is, a great find in the draft, I know I've never found anyone like that yet.....
Old 01-01-2004, 09:59 PM   #7
Troll
H.S. Freshman Team

i'm not complaining, i'm bragging
Old 01-01-2004, 11:10 PM   #8
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

I can't seem to get "Michael Vick rushing stats" out of a QB in FOF2004. I like to get mobile guys with high scramble frequencies, but still just manage around 400 yards at tops. Is there anything I can do to raise the QB's rushing attempts. I know there isn't a QB run percentage like in TCY.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 11:15 PM   #9
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Is there anything I can do to raise the QB's rushing attempts. I know there isn't a QB run percentage like in TCY.

It would be interesting to try putting together a very weak offensive line and see if it results in more running because of broken plays, etc. However I'm not sure the game engine is really set up to accomodate that.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 11:36 PM   #10
Troll
H.S. Freshman Team

All I'm getting running wise out of him is 452 and 6 tds last year and this year his passing stats have went WAY up and his running totals have dropped to 270 and 4. The only difference between having a good o-line and a makeshift one that i've noticed is he's getting sacked more. To start the season with my O-Line healthy he maybe went down once, but at this point I've lost both of my franchise tackles and my left gaurd for the season and the last game alone he went down 5 times and over that time his rushing totals have actually dropped.

Last edited by Troll : 01-01-2004 at 11:37 PM.