Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-25-2003, 02:02 PM   #1
mrushh
High School Varsity

Cowtown, Arise. A TCU- TCY Dynasty

I have read many of the TCY dynasty reports and decided to give it a try since I play TCY quite a bit. In perusing the other dynasties, I, of course, have my likes and dislikes which will impact the design and direction of this dynasty for as long as it lasts, which hopefully will be at least until I win a championship (if I "retire" before that happy occurence, I will try to let any readers I may aquire know of the end of the dynasty- you're welcome, HornsManiac).

When I look through a dynasty, I always find myself "fast-forwarding" through the sometimes extensive lists of game logs and player files. Therefore, I will not include those items. I enjoy greatly dynasties like cthomer's Rutgers and others, but I am not them and I will make my dynasty to my liking, and hopefully others out there share my feeling, at least an part, about the listing of certain elements not enhancing the enjoyment. To each his/her own.

With that in mind, a few ground rules and notes: I have "rerolled" the prestige to get TCU where I wanted them- below average at about 60%ile. I am playing on All-Star level with RANDOM prestige for schools and academics, but REAL prestige for conferences. I like the 3 year rule for coaches contracts, and I will not hire a new staff after the first season, but wait 'til after the third because the ones there will suck, but it's like taking over at the last minute; I had to hire and contract who was available at that time. When a coach retires, I am, of course, free to do as I please for that slot. I will not bribe anyone, ever. I will release any player who becomes ineligible due to grades, no matter what. I need not offer a scholarship to those who idolize TCU, since the real world idolizer is not guarenteed a thing either. I like the offers to your personal High Schoolers, but mine isn't in the game, so...too bad for me!!! I NEVER recruit players under 1000 SAT, but that's just me, since academics will be my hope for the forseeable future, and I don't like players flunking or taking excessive amounts of time for academics. I can recruit anyone, anywhere, though my recruiting budget will preclude much outside the area visiting. I will not give players less than 18/28 free time for no gfriend/gfriend just to have more time for study or weights. SCE is in Alaska, btw, soI won't have to recruit against them, but I won't have half the top 100 from Texas, either. Anything I forgot to mention that you want to know, just ask.

I am not the best TCYer, not even close, but the game isn't that hard, and I expect to be pretty good in a few years. And so it begins...

mrushh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 02:03 PM   #2
mrushh
High School Varsity

There was a buzz in the room, a low humming sound from the gathered throng of alumni, reporters and university personnel as they waited with growing impatience for the man of the hour. Of course, it was a low buzz because there weren't really that many people there, though those that came were, in fact, making a buzzing sound. Or it could have been all the bugs that were flying out of the national championship trophy that had been carted out of some ancient crate in some dingy closet. The 30's era trophy was being cleaned with the arm of someone's shirt. Nobody knew who the new coach was, or why he wanted the dusty relic on hand, but even if the buzz was bug created, it was a good kind of buzz.

"Who is it Chancellor? Who's the new coach? We have deadlines to meet and we'll need to research this guy fast if you want some coverage."
"Now, ladies and gentlemen, be patient. He's on his way in as we speak. There was a fire down University Drive, and it cost us some time, but he'll be here in 2 minutes," the Chancellor replied. "This is a big day in Horny-Toad-Ville, and we are quite excited, as you can imagine. Ever since Franchione left (that piece of crap, no good bastard), we have been in turmoil, trying to find the right combination, the right fit, and we have...What, he's here? Good." The distinguished, old coot,er, chancellor waved to a suited man at the door, and in walked the Saviour of Cowtown, of Fort Worth.

He definitely looked like a coach. A University of Miami letter jacket, an old one, was the initial sight of those gathered. "Good, a Hurricane, a winner at last. Someone with high-caliber experience. You coached at Miami," someone shouted, before noticing the jacket must have been 30 years old. "No," came the reply. "You played at Miami?" Again, "No, but I have BEEN to Miami, once. Someone in the hallway gave me this to wear. There was a fire and I had my shirt burned-off saving lives.And that's why I have been hired here at TCU. To save the football program from the fallout of Dennis Franchione (that rat bastard) leaving for no reason except money, prestige and the chance to win BIG. I say good luck to him in his next job, and the next one, and the next one, and the one after that, and, oh never mind."

As he reached the podium and the semi-polished looking trophy, the new coach turned to the crowd, picked-up the trophy and began whooping and prancing about like Nureyev on acid. The crowd looked at one another and suppressed a laugh. WHAT THE HELL is this. At that, the man stopped the dance, squared his shoulders, raised the trophy high and said, "My name is Coach Purple, and I'm here to bring a baby sister back to Ft. Worth for this lonely pup here."

"C-C-Coach PURPLE?" came the disbelieving reply.
" Yes, first name Coach, last name Purple...take it up with my father. He's from Evanston, actually, but it still works for me. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to meet my players and coaches. We have a season and some recruiting to do."

With that, Coach Purple strode down the aisle and out the door. "This should be interesting," said one alumnus. "Interesting may not be the word," replied the Star-Telegram reporter as he went out the door shaking his head.
Old 01-25-2003, 02:07 PM   #3
mrushh
High School Varsity

2002 pre-season

Starters

Player # Pos Elig Current Future
Leyes, Bobby 9 QB Jr 31 62
Reed, Robert 22 RB Jr 32 32
Talamaivao, Larry 39 FB Sr 44 55
Fuller, Horace 82 TE Sr 36 54
Ford, Russell 6 WR Sr 24 35
Collier, J.T. 8 WR So 26 26
Branch, Ben 56 C Sr 53 53
Hastings, Ricky 79 G Jr* 10 64
Lane, Bart 66 G Fr 13 42
Harding, Alfred 63 T Sr* 35 42
Heath, Billy Joe 65 T Jr* 36 57
Riddols, Orlando 15 P Fr 39 61
Logan, Frank 19 K Sr 55 55
Moss, Antoine 97 DE Sr 45 55
Kaminetzky, Jessie 71 DE Jr 18 19
Medina, J.J. 74 DT Jr 37 52
Dennis, Korey 98 ILB Jr 32 55
Bates, Eugene 52 ILB So* 22 39
Donovan, Dean 53 OLB Sr 35 56
Cukro, Allen 58 OLB Sr* 52 53
Barker, Ed 49 CB Sr 28 28
Martinez, Roy 27 CB So 24 39
Lofton, Luke 36 S Sr* 28 45
Holliday, Kennedy 24 S Jr* 20 23

As you can see, I can't compete with anyone who is any good, but I didn't think I could.

Schedule- Outlook

Fortunately, using real conference prestige, Conference USA sucks, for the most part.

Week Opponent StartRk
2 @Cincinatti 35
3 @Northwestern 66
4 SMU 110
5 North Texas 114
7 Houston 111
8 @Army 101
9 @Louisville 67
11 S. Mississippi 47
12 Tulane 74
14 @E. Carolina 115
15 Memphis 48

With a preliminary rank of 76, you can see we should have 5 "sure" wins (SMU, UNT, Houston, Army, E. Carolina), with one more a slight possibility (Tulane). We are realistically looking at a losing record, but not too bad. I say 5-6 for our first year won't be so bad.

Coaches

There's not much to report. They suck, except for the Syndicate Coordinator has Pretty Good Academics, Deep South is very good, fortunately, except only Fair at QB (ouch), and we have a scout named J.T. Shapiro of Great Lakes has 6/8 yellow (can we keep him?). Offensive Coordinator runs Pro Formation; defensively, we are going 3-4 for now.

Recruiting

What can you say, I need everything. My #1 need is a REAL QB. Secondly and thirdly, we need OL and DL, then linebackers. We have a soph. RB we are redshirting. Everyone else is active- I want their schollies open as SOON as possible.

Misc. Info

TCU Pre-Season Rank: 76
Pre-Season Prestige: 71
Academic Ranking : 77 (12th)
Season Tickets : 28,100 of 46,000
Travel Budget : 2695 per week
Old 01-25-2003, 02:10 PM   #4
mrushh
High School Varsity

Pre-Season Rankings

01) Michigan State
02) Minnesota
03) Michigan
04) Oregon
05) UCLA

35) Cincinnati
47) S. Miss
48) Memphis
67) Louisville
74) Tulane
76) TCU
99) UAB
101)Army
111)Houston
115)E. Carolina

WEEK 1- Off We go

No game, just recruit! Perusing the top 100 list, we are very happy. Texas has 28 listed in the top 300 recruits, with Arkansas, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Louisiana having several candidates as well. The good thing, especially, is the number of high SAT and GPA candidates there are. We are taking the best Academic scores and going after the following for our first core group:

1) Graham Elliot is the #5 recruit and #1 RB in the country. He is scouted at 89 and hails from Waco.
2) Stan Kelly, the #40 recruit and #4 Qb in the land, is scouted 100, from El Paso.
3) Dusty Aceves, from Harlingen, is #19 overall and #4 at DT. Scouted 88.
4) Hardy Singleton is #20, #1 ILB, scouted 97, from Waco also.
5) Everett Akins, #57, #10 ranked T, scouted 67 from Sugar Land.
6) Cornelius Bishop, from Tyler, is #35, the #8 G, scouted at 96.

That is our first group of heavy hitters. We have lots of scholarships to give and have 14 graduating seniors, all scholarship players.
Old 01-25-2003, 02:12 PM   #5
mrushh
High School Varsity

WEEK 2- Show time, baby

The Game: TCU (-10) @ Cincinnati
Atendance: 28,800

The Coach Purple era opened up to sunny skies, perhaps an omen of the upset to come. Perhaps not. By the end of the first quarter, Cincy had built a 28-0 lead, and it didn't get any better the rest of the afternoon. The butt-kicking continued 'til the final gun, which missed me, but just barely.

Cincy dominated with 26-10 in first downs, 10 minute advantage in ball control, and a 343-161 offense superiority. Let's leave it at that...And, for some reason, we had noone nominated for Player of the Week. Go figure!

Injuries were confined to:
ILB Eugene Bates is PROBABLE- 4 weeks with a broken hand
OLB Donny Parker is PROBABLE- 1 week with a broken finger

Code:
Week TCURk Line Opponent SeasRk GameRk TV Score Record 2 75 -10 Cincy (0-0) 33 38 -- 0-49 0-1

Recruiting:

We are just getting on track. I hate this "fog of War." Our QB, Stan Kelly, is a very unlikely candidate. He is a prestige man first, which kills us. We will look next week.
We have added another blue-chipper in his place.

Benjamin Raiola, from Houston, is #79 and the #13 G.Scouted at 72.

NOTE-- I am just feeling this Dynasty thing out at this time. I will change format as needed. Anyone reading this thing (HELLO??), feel free AND welcome to make suggestions. I am here to serve the greater community, or something like that. Also, please excuse all the Edits, but the format stuff kills me, and I often have to fix it.
Old 01-25-2003, 02:14 PM   #6
mrushh
High School Varsity

WEEK 3

The Game:TCU(0-1)(-5) @ Northwestern(0-1)
Attendance: 30,000 76 degrees, Sunny

We have some good news, and some bad news. The good news is we won. The bad news is what we won was the 4th quarter. Northwestern went ahead 14-0 after one, and was consistent thereafter, scoring 14 points again in both the 2nd and 3rd quarters to build a 42-0 lead.
At that point, N'Western put in the scrubs. It is very heartwarming to know we beat the scrubs in the 4th, 7-0, scoring our first TD on a 22-yard run by someone named Winfred Richard.That moral victory brought the final score to 42-7, N'Western.
Once more, the national press ignored your Horned Frogs in the Player of the Week noms.

Injuries were confined to: none
OLB Donny Parker has recovered

Week TCURk Line Opponent SeasRk GameRk TV Score Record
2 75 -10 Cincy(0-0) 33 38 -- 0-49 0-1
3 84 -5 N"wes(0-1) 66 71 -- 7-42 0-2

Recruiting:

Still running through the lists of top academic athletes in the country at each position, looking closely at the southwest area of Texas and its 4 border states (NM, OK, AR, LA). No visiting and no idolizer to recruit in the top 1000, either. Maybe next decade.Two new hopefuls are:

QB Donald Lucio from Marshall, Tx is #149, #14 at qb, scouted 80
FB Kelvin Patton from Clark, SD is #107, #2 at fb, scouted 77
Old 01-25-2003, 02:16 PM   #7
mrushh
High School Varsity

WEEK 4- Skillet Time

The Game:SMU (1-1)(-3) @ TCU (0-2)
Attendance: 33,200
74 degrees, Sunny

A disappointing crowd filed in to Amon Carter Stadium to see the Ponies and the Frogs go after the Skillet and bragging rights for the year. SMU won the toss and elected to receive, which they did, and promptly fumbled on their first play from scrimmage. TCU moved downfield,failed to score, but set the tempo for the day.
The Frogs drew first blood, scoring on an 11 yd pass late in the first, and they never looked back. At halftime, TCU led 14-3 and continued their domination in the second half.
The final score, TCU 31 SMU 3. Domination was complete, with TCU leading 21-6 in 1st downs, 317-113 in Total Yds, and 34min.-26 in ToP. Coach Purple was pleased, saying " Screw SMU, and the 2-foot tall pony they rode in on. Well, don't screw the pony, that would be very messy, and illegal, except in Tennessee, West Virginia and a few other states. I am just excited to begin the winning here."

Players of the Week: Congratulations
1) C, Ben Branch- 6-15 blk, 1 SkA
2) DE, Antoine Moss- 5 Tck, 3 Ast, 3 Sk
3) RB, Robert Reed- 16 Car for 89 Yd, 2 TD
4) DT, Allen Hobgood-Chittick- 10 Tck, 3.5 Sk

Injury Update:
WR Antonio Sevcik PROB-3 Bruised Sternum

3 84 -5 N'West(0-1) 66 71 -- 7-42 0-2
4 103 +3 SMU(1-1) 110 71 -- 31-3 1-2

Recruiting:

We are looking at a MAJOR haul, I think, based on the preferences of many of our recruits. To wit:

1) Elliot, RB #5, Acad/Dist is visiting Georgia Tech, but they can't compare to our acad/dist.
2) Kelly, QB #40, Prest/Dist has no visit, but I've kinda given up on him.
3) Aceves, DT #19, Acad*/Dist no visit, looks good
4) Singleton, ILB #20, Acad/Dist no visit, looks good
5) Akins, T #57, Prest/Acad visit Minnesota, looks dead
6)Bishop, G #35, Acad*/Prest visit Miss St,UTEP, looks iffy
7)Patton, FB #107, Acad/Dist no visit, looks good
8)Lucio, QB #149, Pres/Acad visit UTEP, looks dead
9) Ackerman, DE #49, Acad/Dist no visit, looks good

If we land many of those, the rest will be icing. Coach Purple is the man with the recruiting plan... at least for now.
Old 01-25-2003, 02:17 PM   #8
mrushh
High School Varsity

WEEK 5

The Game:North Texas (0-2)(-23) @ TCU (1-2)
74 degrees, Sunny

On a beautiful day in the neighborhood, Mr. Rogers came to sing the National Anthem. Can you say, "Off key." However, the rendition was forgotten quickly as the Frogs jumped all over the Mean Green from the outset.TD passes of 33, 52 and 9 yds. to Collier, Reed and Fuller, respectively, put TCU in front 21-0 after the 1st quarter.
UNT returned an interception 62 yds in the 2nd to close the lead to 14 at the half, but the Frogs were lashed by Coach Purple in the lockerroom and came out pumped, shutting the door on UNT and scoring another 17 points to end the day with a 42-14 victory.
Coach Purple was pleased with the 24-10 1st down lead and the 490 yards racked up by his offense. Said he, "I want to assure you there will be rough waters ahead, but the fight in your Horned Frogs will never be extinguished. We are not where we need to be yet, but we WILL get there."

Players of the Week:Congratulations
1) RB, Robert Reed- 11 Car for 61 YD, 0 Td
2) DE, Antoine Moss- 6 Tck, 2 Ast, 1.5 Sk
3) CB, Ed Barker- 2 Tck, 1 Ast, 3 Int, 1 Defn
4) QB, Bobby Leyes- 24 of 32 for 358 Yd, 4 Td, 2 Int

Injury Update:
Dt, J.J. Medina, Out-14, Broken Foot
DT, Fred Welch, Out-3, Hyperextended Knee
FB, Larry Talamaivao, Prob-2, Broken Finger

Season at a Glance:

5 61 +23 UNT(0-2) 114 120 -- 42-14 2-2

Recruiting:

We received our first 4 decline to accept e-mails, but none of them were on the A-list. We also have our first 2 visits, and one of them is **Graham Elliot**, the #5 recruit in the nation. Our other visitor is:
Dustin Hughes, G, Spring, Tx. Dustin is #224, #25 G, scouted 66+. He prefers Acad/Dist and is also visiting Texas, but our Acad is much higher, so it looks good.
Also, we are after Jimmy Bernstein of Jacksonville, AR, #72, #4 C, scout 84+. He is Acad/ Dist and visiting Georgia Tech. Tech is on par with TCU academicaly, but is farther away. Fingers are crossed.
Old 01-25-2003, 02:17 PM   #9
mrushh
High School Varsity

WEEK 6

The Game:none

Rankings Update

01) Colorado 4-0
02) Minnesota 4-0
03) Georgia Tech 4-0
04) Michigan State 4-0
05) Boston College 3-0

13) Cincinnati 3-0
33) Memphis 3-1
57) TCU 2-2
64) Tulane 2-2
81) UAB 2-2
82) S. Miss 1-3
89) Louisville 1-3
115)Army 0-3
116)Houston 0-4
121)E. Carolina 0-3

Recruiting:

An unwelcome, though not unexpected loss, as QB Stan Kelly chose not to come to Ft. Worth. No new visits, and no other important recruits lost. With Kelly gone and Donald Lucio looking unlikely, we are setting our sites on:
-Joey Hidy from Livonia Michigan, #331, #28 QB overall, scouted 58+. He is Acad*/Prest and visiting Purdue, but the Boilermakers don't seem a good fit.
-Marty Dotson from N. Richland Hills, Tx, #8 CB, #85 overall, scout at 78+. He's Acad*/Dist visiting Miss. St, but only 9 miles from our campus.
-Richard Bright, Bloomington, MN, #12 DE, 108 overall, scout 71-. Dist/Acad visiting Colorado, but Buffs are only 64 in his major.

Not nervous, yet, but a few visits would be nice.
Old 01-25-2003, 02:18 PM   #10
mrushh
High School Varsity

WEEK 7

The Game: Houston (0-4)(+13) @ TCU (2-2)
62 degrees, Fair

Meat Loaf was to sing the National Anthem today, but , unfortunately for him, if not for us, his hair was sucked into his blow dryer when plugged into the wrong kind of outlet. Whereas it probably did save time on the Anthem rendition, it shorted out the scoreboard for the first quarter.
With a ToPoss advantage of 34min to 26, the Purple Pride were in command throughout, for the most part, with a 10-7 lead after one quarter stretched to 27-7 by half. First downs were 23 to 9, while TCUs Total yards doubled-up on the Cougs, 366-183.
So dominating were the Frogs, they scored on 7 of 10 possesions for the game, punting only 3 times. A nice win to push TCu to an overall winning record for the year. Coach Purple said after the game, " Damn, they SUCK," and truer words were never said. However, a win is a win, at this point, and we are happy to take it to the house.

Players of the Week:Congratulations
1) RB, Lance Wright- 13 Carries for 82 Yds, 2 TD
2) C, Ben Branch- 6-14 Blck, 0 SkA
3) QB, Bobby Leyes- 12 of 20 for 166 Yd, 0 Td, 0 Int

Injury Update:
DE Jessie Kaminetzky PROB- 2, Sprained Ankle
TE Darrin Gaynor OUT- 7, Broken Clavicle
FB Talamaivao has recovered
WR Sevcik has recovered
ILB Bates has recovered

Season at a Glance:

7 70 +13 Houston(0-4) 111 119 -- 41-10 3-2

Recruiting:

We have our first recruit. Marty Dotson, welcome to Cowtown!
A bit of a blow as Dustin Hughes, #224, a G, has accepted Texas' offer. There were 5 others turn us down, but noone of significance.

Recruit Pos State Rank PosRK Scout GPA SAT AthPrep
Marty Dotson CB TX 85 8 78+ 3.59 1400 70

The next few weeks will obviously be key to the next few years in FroggieLand.
Old 01-25-2003, 02:19 PM   #11
mrushh
High School Varsity

WEEK 8

The Game: TCU (3-2)(-11) @ Army (1-4)
Attendance: 25,900
66 degrees, Sunny

President Bush was to attend the game, but a mysterious call, something about daughters, coconut oil and male strippers, caused a regrettable cancellation. Dubya missed an exciting, nail-biter of an affair. Or, more correctly, for the first half, a dull, boring, nothing to do but chew on your nails kind of game.
Neither team could do anything the first 30 minutes, except draw penalties and turn the ball over. The halftime score: 3-3. By the start of the 2nd half, there were only 17,000 fans left, as many went home to watch the paint dry.
If Coach Purple told you the Frogs punted only 3 times for the 2nd week in a row, you might think TCU blew Army out in the 2nd half. You would be wrong. 2 fumbles, 3 interceptions and a missed FG, all contributed to the nailbiter of a finish. The Frogs and Cadets were very even, with a 10 second difference in ToPossession for the game, and slight leads for TCU in 1st downs (22-16) and total yards (310-254).
The game was not put in the W column for sure until TCU scored with 3:10 left in the game on an 11yd pass from Bobby Leyes to J.T. Collier and a subsequent interception on the Frog 48 with 2min left. TCU then ran out the clock, inexplicably kicking, and missing, a field goal on the final play of the game. Very uncool, it may come back to haunt the Toads in future meetings. Explained Coach Purple, "Well, it was a bit stupid, but our back-up kicker is only rated at 25, and he needs some experience if he ever gets a shot in a tight game."

Final Score: TCU 24 Army 14

1) RB, Lance Wright- 9 Carries for 88 Yds, 0 TD
2) C, Ben Branch- 8-18 Blck
3) DE, Antoine Moss- 8 Tck, 5 Ast, 1 Sck

Injury Update:
OLB Dean Donavon, PROB-2, Sprained Ankle
FB Welch has recovered

Season at a Glance:

8 64 +11 Army(1-4) 101 099 -- 24-14 4-2

Recruiting:

Well, the visit rush is on, with good news and bad. Also, we had 4 more negative decisions with no new commitments.
Visiting include: #5, RB Elliot; #19, DT, Aceves; #20, ILB, Singleton; #57, T, Akins; #35, G, Bishop; #79, G, Raiola; #107, FB, Patton; #49, DE, Ackerman.
Not visiting major players include: #149, QB, Lucio; #72, C, Bernstein; #331, QB Hidy, #108, DE, Bright.

We will be in trouble another year or two if we can't find a QB to at least VISIT our wonderful campus.

In The Fold:

In The Fold:

Marty Dotson CB TX 85 8 78+ 3.59 1400 70

The next few weeks will obviously be key to the next few years in FroggieLand.
Old 01-25-2003, 02:20 PM   #12
mrushh
High School Varsity

WEEK 9

The Game: TCU (4-2)(+2) @ Louisville (2-4)
Attendance: 21,300
46 degrees, Rain

On a cold, windy, rainy night in Louisville, reality slapped the Frogs in the face. A 2 point "dog" coming in, TCU played like a chihuhua, fumbling on their second play from scrimmage at their own 21 yard line, setting-up what would prove to be the winning points and the first of three TD on the first 3 possessions for Louisville. So complete was the embarrasment, TCU managed only 7 first downs and 150 total yards in 23 minutes of possession. In one of the worst performances in College history, QB Bobby Leyes completed but 4 of 31 for 88 yds with 3 interceptions.
The longest drive for the Frogs covered only 45 yards, and the player of the game was the punter, Orlando Riddols, who busted out with 10 punts on the evening. Said Coach Purple, "That was truly amazing, the efficiency with which we SUCKED. I feel sorry for the Horned Frog faithful who came to Kentucky to see this crappy effort. On a positive note, I finally got over my constipation eating the great ribs and beans at our team dinner last night. Of course, this game made me sick, again, but who knew."

Final Score: Louisville 38 TCU 0

or not... none

Injury Update:
no new, no recovered

Season at a Glance:

8 64 +11 Army(1-4) 101 99 -- 24-14 4-2
9 57 -2 Louis(2-4) 67 83 -- 0-38 4-3

Recruiting:

A banner day in Ft. Worth, as several Blue Chippers accepted our invitation to play for the Frogs, including our top prospect, Graham Elliot. He should be a STUD with his 89 Ath. Prep and 89+ scout report. We also landed the #1 ILB and #2 FB. What a week!
On a sad note, we lost Benjamin Raiola, #79 recruit, to Oklahoma, and we lost out on ANOTHER QB. We have both Donald Lucio, #14, and Joey Hidy, #28 visiting. Both are Acad*, so we should have a good shot at either, or both. We gotta have a QB.

In The Fold:

Dotson,Marty CB TX 85 8 78+ 3.59 1400 70
Elliot,Graham RB TX 5 1 89+ 3.86 1505 89
Patton,Kelvin FB SD 107 2 77+ 3.71 1391 77
Aceves,Dusty DT TX 19 4 88+ 3.49 1462 67
Bishop,Cornelius G TX 35 8 96+ 3.73 1368 33
Boo,Vincent K MA 426 12 61+ 3.96 1427 96
Singleton,Hardy ILB TX 20 1 97-- 3.64 1340 89
Old 01-25-2003, 02:20 PM   #13
mrushh
High School Varsity

WEEK 10

The Game: none

Rankings Update

01) Colorado 7-0
02) Minnesota 8-0
03) Oregon 7-0
04) Kentucky 8-0
05) Michigan 7-0

22) Cincinnati 6-1
34) Memphis 5-2
61) Tulane 4-4
67) UAB 4-3
69) TCU 4-3
72) S. Miss 3-4
76) Louisville 3-4
112)E. Carolina 1-5
113)Army 1-6
116)Houston 1-6

Recruiting:

Well, we finally landed a QB, Joey Hidy from Livonia, Michigan, though he isn't really what Coach Purple had in mind for the first QB recruit landed. Donald Lucio would have been better, but he chose to attend UTEP, instead. We did land several more TOP FLIGHT lads, 3 more from the top 100 in the nation, but how often will so many top prospects come from the Texas and neihgboring state area, and how often will they be so academically gifted. All the time, hopefully, but we will see.
We now have 11 Toads in the pond, with 5 more to come. Unfortunately, we have no more potential TCUers in the top few hundred, but we need more help, so we'll take what we can get.

In The Fold:

Dotson,Marty CB TX 85 8 78+ 3.59 1400 70
Elliot,Graham RB TX 5 1 89+ 3.86 1505 89
Patton,Kelvin FB SD 107 2 77+ 3.71 1391 77
Aceves,Dusty DT TX 19 4 88+ 3.49 1462 67
Bishop,Cornelius G TX 35 8 96+ 3.73 1368 33
Boo,Vincent K MA 426 12 61+ 3.96 1427 96
Singleton,Hardy ILB TX 20 1 97--3.64 1340 89
Ackerman,Riddick DE NM 49 9 65+ 4.00 1490 85
Atkins,Everett T TX 57 10 67+ 3.87 1461 99
Bernstein,Jimmy C AR 72 4 84+ 3.04 1121 54
Hidy,Joey QB MI 331 28 58+ 3.33 1401 77
Old 01-25-2003, 02:21 PM   #14
mrushh
High School Varsity

WEEK 11

The Game:
  • S. Miss (3-4)(-3) @ TCU (4-3)
  • Attendance: 34,900
  • 57 degrees, Fair

In front of a decent crowd, Bocephus sang the "Are you Ready for Some Football" theme in lieu of the Star Spangled Banner. Apparently his glasses fogged-up, as well, because he fell over a Gatorade container on his way in from midfield after the song. Unfortunately, it was the best tackle by a Frog for much of the first 30 minutes. Some days are stranger than others. This was a strange one, both good and bad. With a higher ranking and a better record, TCU was still a 3 point dog, and at home, even.
Whereas, the party of the first part, S. Miss, ran all over TCU, outgaining them 443 to 247, and racking up a 29-13 advantage in first downs, the party of the second part, TCU, refused to buckle. Down 17-7 at halftime and 20-7 after 3 quarters, Horned Frog Pride burst out at last in the 4th quarter and made it exciting for those that stayed the course in the stands. Lance Wright scored from 4 yards out in the 4th to cut the lead to 20-14. Froggie "D" finally found its backbone and STONED S. Miss to get the ball back in the final 4 minutes. The ensuing drive covered over 1/4th the Frogs offense for the day, moving inside the 10 with time to spare. Unfortunately, the gods were not amused, as QB Bobby Leyes uncorked one of his patented ducks and was intercepted in the endzone with 1:18 to play. S. Miss knelt 3 times and the game was over.
Coach Purple mused " We scared the shit, oh, wait, can I say shit. No, well damn. Oh can I say damn. Yes, well ok. DAMN, I thought a Horned Frog miracle was forthcoming, but it was not to be. That shitty, oh, well, er, that damn duck ball was very untimely."

Final Score: Southern Mississippi 20 TCU 14

Players of the Week: CongratulationsC Ben Branch, 4-16 Blk, 0 SkA

Injury Update:
DE Antione Moss OUT-43, Torn ACL
DT Allen Hobgood-Chittick OUT-8, Herniated Disk
DT J.J. Medina QUEST-7, Broken Foot
Kaminetzky has recovered

Season at a Glance:

11 69 -3 S. Miss(3-4) 47 72 -- 14-20 4-4

Recruiting:

We are now in the fill-a-hole with what we can mode. We got a commitment from a much needed safety, but we still have no receivers. We have several visiting, though none are in the top 300. We also have Everett Shea, a 60+, unranked TE from TX we need to land, since our only TE rated over 25 is a graduating senior.

In The Fold:

Dotson, Marty CB TX 85 8 78+ 3.59 1400 70
Elliot, Graham RB TX 5 1 89+ 3.86 1505 89
Patton, Kelvin FB SD 107 2 77+ 3.71 1391 77
Aceves, Dusty DT TX 19 4 88+ 3.49 1462 67
Bishop, Cornele. G TX 35 8 96+ 3.73 1368 33
Boo, Vincent K MA 426 12 61+ 3.96 1427 96
Singleton, Hardy ILB TX 20 1 97- 3.64 1340 89
Ackerman, Riddick DE NM 49 9 65+ 4.00 1490 85
Atkins, Everett T TX 57 10 67+ 3.87 1461 99
Bernstein, Jimmy C AR 72 4 84+ 3.04 1121 54
Hidy, Joey QB MI 331 28 58+ 3.33 1401 77
McCareins, Ethan OLB NH 454 32 70++ 3.96 1496 10
Riekens, Rondell S FL 310 16 75+ 3.55 1371 32

Old 01-25-2003, 02:22 PM   #15
mrushh
High School Varsity

WEEK 12

The Game:
  • Tulane (4-5)(+2) @ TCU (4-4)
  • Attendance: 34,000
  • 52 degrees, Sunny

Dirk Nowitzki was invited to sing the National Anthem to kick-off the festivities today. Unfortunately, the only National Anthem Dirk knew was "Deutchland, Deutchland, Uber Alles." So unnerved were your Toads, they went out and played the worst game of the year. Tulane, a 2 point underdog on the road, let TCU drive into Green Wave territory with the opening kick-off before stiffening and stopping TCU on downs. They proceeded to tear the grass off the field for the next 25 minutes, going into the locker room up 38-0 at half.
2 int's, 2 fumbles and a missed field goal pissed-off Coach Purple so badly, he benched starting QB Bobby Leyes, who went 3-10 for 57 yards before splinters got hold of his butt for the day.
Noone else picked-up the slack, and a field goal in the closing minutes narrowly averted a shutout. The leading rusher for TCU had 30 yards. Said Coach Purple "Shit...oh, yeah, I forgot, sorry."

Final Score: Tulane 38 TCU 3

Players of the Week:Congratulationsnone, thank you very much

Injury Update:DT Fred Welch OUT-8, Knee
Kaminetzky has recovered again after another tweak (what a wuss)

Season at a Glance:

12 76 +2 Tulane(4-5) 74 74 -- 3-38 4-5

Recruiting:
15 down, 1 to go. We landed a wide receiver, though he probably won't do us much good. The TE, Shea Everett shunned the Frogs and took a leap to Clemson, instead, so our TE situation for next year will be nasty, probably. We have several players visiting for the last scholly, but none worth wasting your time on at the moment.
In The Fold:

Bishop, Cornelius G TX 35 8 96+ 3.73 1368 33
Singleton, Hardy ILB TX 20 1 97-- 3.64 1340 89
Huntley, Mark WR CA --- 86 57+ 3.35 1326 30
Becker, Kyle T FL 294 30 64- 4.00 1391 66
Old 01-25-2003, 02:23 PM   #16
mrushh
High School Varsity

WEEK 13

The Game:none

Rankings Update:
  • [01] Oregon 10-0
    [02] Minnesota 10-0
    [03] Missouri 10-0
    [04] Colorado 9-1
    [05] Michigan 9-1

[26] Cincinnati 8-2
    [27] Memphis 8-2
    [61]Tulane 5-5
    [64] S. Miss 4-5
    [66] UAB 6-3
    [77] TCU 4-5
    [87] E. Carolina 3-6
    [88] Louisville 3-6
    [119]Army 1-8
    [120]Houston 1-8
Recruiting:
We are DONE. Our final recruit was a pretty nice surprise. Ellis Twisp, while only scouted 64-, may be heard from due to our lack of players at WR.
All in all, I am VERY happy with our first class. 8 top 100 recruits... I'll take that every year, and spread all over the field to help many positions. The major bummer is our inability to land a better QB, but there is always next year.

In The Fold:

Twisp, Ellis WR NJ 334 21 64- 3.76 1474 58

Old 01-25-2003, 02:24 PM   #17
mrushh
High School Varsity

WEEK 14

The Game:
  • TCU (4-5)(+3) @ E. Carolina (4-6)
  • Attendance: 8,700
  • 47 degrees, Fair

Yeah, BABY!! 8700 fans out in Greenville. What a rowdy group it was, too.
As for the game, the Frogs were moving up and down the field for most of the first half as QB Bobby Leyes was trying to atone for the past several weeks. He was 10 of 14 for over 100 yards when, BAM, he goes down. In comes Christian Newsome. Now, with a name like Christian, you would think he was fairly blessed. But NNOOOOOO! The guy is currently rated 17. Yes, I said 17. Guess what? TCU failed to score the rest of the game. Fortunately, even with 3/4ths of the starting defensive line on the shelf, the Horned Frogs were able to hold on for a victory, holding the Pirates to 11 first downs for the game.
Coach Purple, seeing the injuries mount and the only QB worth so much as $.05 in the training room, dragging his shoulder on the ground like Cheetah, exclaimed "Shit. Next week could suck. What? Oh, shut-up...SHIT."

Final Score: TCU 21 E. Carolina 14
Players of the Week:Congratulations LB Korey Dennis 5 Tck, 2 Ast, 3 Int
G Bart Lane 6-7 blk, 0 SkA
RB Robert Reed 14 Carries for 54 Yds, 1 Td

Injury Update:QB Bobby Leyes OUT-6 Seperated Shoulder

Season at a Glance:

14 77 -3 E. Caro(4-6) 115 87 -- 21-14 5-5

Recruiting:

Completed.
In The Fold:

Old 01-25-2003, 02:25 PM   #18
mrushh
High School Varsity

WEEK 15

The Game:
  • Memphis (9-2)(-14) @ TCU (5-5)
  • Attendance: 41,300
  • 50 degrees, Rain

Michael Jackson was on hand to sing the Anthem this afternoon. However, he was struck by lightening before he could commence. On a brighter side, the voltage was so strong that it charred his skin back to its original shade, boosting his lagging album sales as rumors of death flew around the globe.
As for the game, Coach Purple exclaimed, "I am so proud of our defense, holding a top 25 team to only 290 yards of offense and 20 first downs. With all our D-line injuries, I would be ashamed if I were flying back to Memphis with them. We outworked them and outhustled the. We may lack talent, but we have Frog hearts of platinum."
TCU held Memphis to a 7-0 halftime score before the 3rd teamers having to play due to injury, gave out a bit. It was a moral victory, of sorts.

Final Score: Memphis 23 TCU 0

Players of the Week:
none

Injury Update:
season's over, doesn't matter
Gaynor has recovered. too late

Season at a Glance:

14 77 +3 E. Caro(4-6) 115 87 -- 21-14 5-5
15 72 -14 Memphis(9-2) 48 25 4 0-23 5-6

Recruiting:

Completed.
Old 01-25-2003, 02:26 PM   #19
mrushh
High School Varsity

Bowl Line-up

Game Matchup Location
Fiesta Bowl Minnesota (13-0) 17, Oregon (12-1) 10 Tempe, AZ
Orange Bowl Colorado (12-1) 35, Virginia Tech (12-2) 17 Coral Gables, FL
Sugar Bowl Oklahoma State (12-2) 24, Missouri (12-2) 10 New Orleans, LA
Rose Bowl Duke (10-3) 31, Mississippi State (11-3) 24 Los Angeles, CA
Capital One Bowl Michigan (12-1) 31, Kansas (10-3) 17 Orlando, FL
Gator Bowl Stanford (9-3) 12, Kentucky (11-3) 10 Jacksonville, FL
Cotton Bowl Arizona (10-3) 21, Penn State (10-3) 12 Dallas, TX
Outback Bowl Air Force (13-0) 24, Maryland (10-3) 13 Tampa, FL
Walnut Bowl Temple (12-1) 31, Kansas State (9-4) 17 San Francisco, CA
Peach Bowl Mississippi (11-2) 42, Indiana (9-4) 10 Atlanta, GA
Liberty Bowl Wake Forest (10-3) 27, Baylor (7-6) 0 Memphis, TN
Sun Bowl Illinois (9-4) 13, Rice (9-3) 10 El Paso, TX
Humanitarian Bowl UCLA (8-5) 41, Texas (7-6) 7 Boise City, ID
Seattle Bowl Rutgers (12-1) 48, Memphis (10-3) 7 Seattle, WA
Music City Bowl Clemson (10-3) 35, Michigan State (7-6) 0 Nashville, TN
Alamo Bowl Marshall (9-4) 15, Navy (8-5) 12 San Antonio, TX
Holiday Bowl Boston College (10-3) 26, Louisiana State (9-4) 20 San Diego, CA
Independence Bowl Arizona State (8-5) 44, Western Michigan (9-4) 25 Shreveport, LA
Houston Bowl Virginia (10-4) 42, Georgia (8-5) 17 Houston, TX
Motor City Bowl Nevada (12-1) 37, Brigham Young (9-4) 10 Detroit, MI
Hawaii Bowl San Diego State (10-4) 31, Georgia Tech (8-5) 28 Honolulu, HI
Las Vegas Bowl University of Miami (9-4) 45, Cincinnati (11-3) 10 Las Vegas, NV
Tangerine Bowl Middle Tennessee State (9-3) 36, Sitka (7-5) 35 Orlando, FL
Old 01-25-2003, 02:26 PM   #20
mrushh
High School Varsity

THE BOWLS

Minor Tier

Alamo Bowl (9-4) Marshall 15, (8-5) Navy 12
Holiday Bowl (10-3) Boston College 26, (9-4) Louisiana St. 20
Independence Bowl (8-5) Arizona State 44, (9-4) We. Michigan 25
Houston Bowl (10-4) Virginia 42, (8-5) Georgia 17
Motor City Bowl (12-1) Nevada 37, (9-4) Brigham Young 10
Hawaii Bowl (10-4) San Diego St. 31, (8-5) Georgia Tech 28
Las Vegas Bowl (9-4) Univ. of Miami 45, (11-3) Cincinnati 10
Tangerine Bowl (9-3) M.Tennessee St. 36, (7-5) Sitka 35
Old 01-25-2003, 02:27 PM   #21
mrushh
High School Varsity

THE BOWLS

Major Tier

Outback Bowl (13-0) Air Force 24, (10-3) Maryland 13
Walnut Bowl (12-1) Temple 31, (9-4) Kansas St. 17
Peach Bowl (11-2) Mississippi 42, (9-4) Indiana 10
Liberty Bowl (10-3) Wake Forest 27, (7-6) Baylor 0
Sun Bowl (9-4) Illinois 13, (9-3) Rice 10
Humanitarian Bowl (8-5) UCLA 41, (7-6) Texas 7
Seattle Bowl (12-1) Rutgers 48, (10-3) Memphis 7
Music City Bowl (10-3) Clemson 35, (7-6) Michigan St. 0
Old 01-25-2003, 02:28 PM   #22
mrushh
High School Varsity

THE BOWLS

Four-Star Tier

Rose Bowl (10-3) Duke 31, (11-3) Mississ. St. 24
Capital One Bowl (12-1) Michigan 31, (10-3) Kansas 17
Gator Bowl (9-3) Stanford 12, (11-3) Kentucky 10
Cotton Bowl (10-3) Arizona 21, (10-3) Penn St. 12
Old 01-25-2003, 02:28 PM   #23
mrushh
High School Varsity

THE BOWLS

New Years Tier

Orange Bowl (12-1) Colorado 35, (12-2) Virginia Tech 17
Sugar Bowl 12-2) Oklahoma St. 24, (12-2) Missouri 10
Old 01-25-2003, 02:29 PM   #24
mrushh
High School Varsity

THE BOWLS

BCS Title Game

Fiesta Bowl (13-0) Minnesota 17, (12-1) Oregon 10
Old 01-25-2003, 02:30 PM   #25
mrushh
High School Varsity

2002 Final Rankings:

School Record Conf Comp Poll Loss Sch Total Rank

Minnesota 13-0 BTN 2.00 1.00 0.00 1.60 4.60 1
Colorado 12-1 BTW 2.00 4.00 1.00 0.56 7.56 2
Oregon 12-1 PTN 5.00 2.50 1.00 1.76 10.26 3
Michigan 12-1 BTN 6.25 2.50 1.00 1.08 10.83 4
Temple 12-1 BES 3.25 6.50 1.00 0.68 11.43 5
Rutgers 12-1 BES 4.25 6.50 1.00 2.16 13.91 6
Air Force 13-0 MWS 6.25 5.00 0.00 4.60 15.85 7
Missouri 12-2 BTW 4.50 8.50 2.00 1.52 16.52 8
Virginia Tech 12-2 BES 11.25 11.00 2.00 0.32 24.57 9
Oklahoma State 12-2 BTW 14.25 8.50 2.00 3.00 27.75 10
Mississippi 11-2 SEC 12.00 11.00 2.00 3.28 28.28 11
Boston College 10-3 BES 11.50 15.00 3.00 0.76 30.26 12
Kentucky 11-3 SEC 11.25 15.00 3.00 1.12 30.37 13
Wake Forest 10-3 ACC 11.50 17.00 3.00 1.68 33.18 14
Nevada 12-1 WAC 17.00 11.00 1.00 4.44 33.44 15
Clemson 10-3 ACC 12.00 17.00 3.00 2.12 34.12 16
Duke 10-3 ACC 15.00 16.50 3.00 1.64 36.14 17
Mississippi State 11-3 SEC 17.75 15.00 3.00 0.96 36.71 18
Penn State 10-3 BTN 20.50 20.00 3.00 0.80 44.30 19
Kansas 10-3 BTW 18.50 24.00 3.00 1.16 46.66 20
Virginia 10-4 ACC 23.25 19.00 4.00 1.28 47.53 21
Stanford 9-3 PTN 18.75 23.50 3.00 2.48 47.73 22
Maryland 10-3 ACC 23.00 19.50 3.00 2.60 48.10 23
Cincinnati 11-3 USA 22.00 22.00 3.00 3.44 50.44 24
Arizona 10-3 PTN 24.50 24.00 3.00 3.76 55.26 25

Memphis 10-3 USA 27.75 28.00 3.00 2.88 61.63 30
Tulane 7-5 USA 53.00 54.50 5.00 2.72 115.22 56
Southern Mississippi 6-6 USA 63.00 60.00 6.00 3.56 132.56 62
Alabama-Birmingham 7-5 USA 65.00 63.50 5.00 4.64 138.14 68
Texas Christian 5-6 USA 77.00 70.50 6.00 4.72 158.22 78
Louisville 4-8 USA 81.25 82.00 8.00 3.20 174.45 85
East Carolina 4-8 USA 89.25 92.50 8.00 3.84 193.59 94
Army 1-11 USA 114.75 118.50 11.00 1.72 245.97 120
Houston 1-11 USA 121.00 120.00 11.00 3.72 255.72 121
Old 01-25-2003, 02:30 PM   #26
mrushh
High School Varsity

2002 Summary:

Record: 5-6

Texas Christian Team Rank
Rushes 385 81 (T)
Rushing Yards 1267 82
Yards Per Carry 3.29 83
Pass Attempts 313 82
Completions 140 106 (T)
Passing Yards 1655 107
Yards Per Attempt 5.28 103
3rd Down Conversions 29.6 95
Points Per Game 16.6 95
Turnovers 33 111 (T)
Turnover Margin -7 94

Opponents Team Rank
Rushes 411 42
Rushing Yards 1595 66
Yards Per Carry 3.88 67
Pass Attempts 295 6
Completions 168 24 (T)
Passing Yards 1770 4
Yards Per Attempt 6.00 25
3rd Down Conversions 32.8 47
Points Per Game 24.0 58

Primary Formation: Pro Formation

Passing Pos Att Comp Yards Y/Att TD Int
9 Leyes QB 211 97 1307 6.19 9 15
11 Newsome QB 59 27 236 4.00 0 5
13 Galloway QB 39 13 95 2.43 0 1
Team --- 313 140 1655 5.28 9 21

Rushing Pos Att Yards Y/Att TD Stff YdLst
25 Wright RB 101 576 5.70 4 20 24
22 Reed RB 94 416 4.42 5 14 11
9 Leyes QB 70 34 0.48 1 34 159
41 Richard RB 40 122 3.05 1 12 4
39 Talamaivao FB 31 100 3.22 2 10 17
Team --- 385 1267 3.29 13 116 310

Receiving Pos Targ Catch Yards Y/Ctc YAC TD
6 Ford WR 66 30 387 12.9 126 2
8 Collier WR 65 29 379 13.0 141 2
86 Oliver WR 51 17 265 15.5 66 1
82 Fuller TE 35 21 239 11.3 88 1
5 Sevcik WR 29 7 96 13.7 27 1
22 Reed RB 19 12 132 11.0 51 2
25 Wright RB 12 4 50 12.5 22 0
Team --- 313 140 1655 11.8 580 9

Defense Pos Tack Asst Sack TFL Ints Defn
52 Bates ILB 66 27 0.0 7 0 5
98 Dennis ILB 53 13 0.0 3 5 0
36 Lofton S 42 12 0.0 3 1 2
97 Moss DE 40 14 6.5 9 0 0
53 Donovan OLB 35 10 0.0 4 2 4
43 Will ILB 34 12 1.0 3 0 1
24 Holliday S 28 9 0.0 4 1 2
94 Hobgood-Chittick DT 27 9 4.5 10 0 0
23 Burks S 26 11 0.0 3 0 2
58 Cukro OLB 25 10 0.0 3 0 2
28 Hartwig CB 24 3 1.0 3 1 0
49 Barker CB 24 14 0.0 0 3 3
71 Kaminetzky DE 22 17 3.5 5 0 1
47 Barrow CB 18 1 0.0 0 2 3
48 Carmazzi CB 17 6 1.0 1 0 2
90 Parker OLB 13 3 0.0 2 0 0
73 Morris DE 12 8 4.0 3 0 0
Team --- 620 204 30.0 73 16 30
Old 01-25-2003, 02:31 PM   #27
mrushh
High School Varsity

Recruiting:

In The Fold:

Dotson, Dotson CB TX 85 8 78+ 3.59 1400 70

What did we need... EVERYTHING, and we got a little bit OF everything, almost. Major deficit will be at QB and TE, for sure. If we redshirt everyone, which I plan to do if possible, we will have no room for injuries at any position next season.
In 2004, these guys should be ready to take TCU to another plane of existence than we are at now.
Old 01-25-2003, 02:32 PM   #28
mrushh
High School Varsity

Records and Awards, 2002

Records:
We will compile records and release them after the 2003 or 2004 season since every record was set this year and , hopefully, most won't last very long.

Awards:
As can be expected, TCU is not visible in the award page very much. The only players selected for post-season recognition were a few on the C-USA All-Academic team, which I don't plan on including. I will only consider C-USA recognition for MVP awards or 1st team recognition. Other awards are of little consequence, one would hope, down the road.
Old 01-25-2003, 02:32 PM   #29
mrushh
High School Varsity

Senior Wrap-Up 2002

The following players ended their tenure at TCU:
  • Ed Barker, CB. GPA-3.26. Final Estimate, 28. Started all 11 games in 2002 with 3 interceptions, 1 for a TD. Awarded 4 stokes.
  • Rob Barrow, CB. GPA-3.66. No apparent relation to Clyde since he played in all 11 games with 0 starts and 2 picks. Final Estimate, 14, with 4 stokes. 2002 C-USA All-Academic CB.
  • Ben Branch, C. GPA-4.00. Final Estimate, 53. Started all 11 games in 2002 with 37 KeyRunBlocks. Awarded 1 stoke and named 2002 C-USA All-Academic Center.
  • Dean Donovan, OLB. GPA-4.00. Final Estimate, 35. Started all 11 games in 2002 with with 35 tackles and 10 assists. Awarded 8 stokes.
  • Russell Ford, WR. GPA-2.80. Final Estimate, 24. Started 10 games in 2002 with 30 receptions for 387 yards and 2 td. Awarded 8 stokes.
  • Horace Fuller, TE. GPA-4.00. Final Estimate, 36. Started all 11 games in 2002 with 21 catches for 239 yds and 1 td. Awarded 0 stokes.
  • Reggie Greer, OLB. GPA-3.88. Final Estimate, 21. Played in all 11 games in 2002 with 0 stokes.
  • Frank Logan, K. GPA-3.12. Final Estimate, 55. Kicked in all 11 games in 2002 with 5/10 field goals and 24/24 PAT. Awarded 1 stoke.
  • Antoine Moss, DE. GPA-4.00. Final Estimate, 45. Started 8 games in 2002, suffering a season ending injury after 3 Player of the Game nominations. Had 40 Tck, 14 Ast and 6.5 Sck. Awarded 8 stokes and named C-USA All-Academic DE.
  • Donny Parker, OLB. GPA-3.60. Final Estimate, 25. Played in all 11 games in 2002 with 13 Tck and 3 Ast. Awarded 4 stokes.
  • Winfred Richard, or was it Richard Winfred? RB. GPA-4.00. Final Estimate, 25. Played in all 11 games in 2002 with 40 carries for 122 yd and 1 td. Awarded 9 stokes. Named C-USA All-Academic RB.
  • Marlon Stephenson, T. GPA-2.34. Final Estimate, 34. Played in all 11 games in 2002 with 3 KRB. 0 stokes
  • Larry Talamaivao, FB. GPA-4.00. Final Estimate, 44. Started 10 games in 2002 with 31 carries for 100 yd, 2 td. Awarded 9 stokes. Named C-USA All-Academic FB.
Good luck to y'all, the newest Horned Frog Letterman's Club members.
Old 01-25-2003, 02:33 PM   #30
mrushh
High School Varsity

Professor Laertes:2002

Coach Purple Coaching Record

Year Team Record Post Rank Perf Acad Recr TV Tick Don Score
2002 Texas Christian 5-6 No 78 39 100 100 6 40 74 59

Post - Post-Season Appearance, Perf - Team Performance Score, Acad - Academic
Performance Score, Recr - Recruiting Score, TV - Television Revenue Score,
Tick - Ticket Revenue Score, Don - Alumni Donations Score
Old 01-25-2003, 02:34 PM   #31
mrushh
High School Varsity

For the 2-? people that actually read this/these dynasties, and in particular, this one, I thank you.

I would be remiss if I do not give a little credit to those of you that responded when I asked questions to get me started on this project, and especially to cthomer, whose dynasty made me want to write this one, and from whom I have taken some ideas in terms of composition. Thanks again (if you ever see this).

If anyone reads this, please tell me why my page scrolls way over, and noone else has this debilitating problem?????
Old 01-25-2003, 02:35 PM   #32
mrushh
High School Varsity

National Awards

Heisman Trophy:
  • The trophy for 2002 was awarded to Senior QB Nate Hoover from Temple University by a large margin of 23 votes. Nate completed 65.9% of his passes for 3961 yards. He threw 43 td passes with only 12 interceptions. His rating was a hefty 173.9

Coach of the Year
  • Congratulations to Coach Adrin Cornett of Oklahoma State. Coach Cornett was honored for leading the Cowboys to a 12-2 record and a #10 national ranking
Old 01-25-2003, 02:49 PM   #33
klayman
College Benchwarmer

In short, the page scrolls because of the pre formatted text. Instead of having a normal end of line return, the pre formatted text is forcing a certain length.

It's fine on my machine though, but I'm running a high res. You can do a couple of things to fix it. You can bump your resolution higher, but that won't fix it for other people view at lower res. The other thing you can do is change the text size and reduce white space in your pre formatted text. However, I can't speak for other people, but scrolling doesn't really bother me any.
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote