Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-29-2003, 12:47 AM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Official Anxiety Year in Review - Games

This year was a strange year as far as gaming goes. Some computer and console games that I looked really forward too were flops, and some games just came out of nowhere to grab me by the pants. With that in mind, let's review that best and worst of 2003, gamewise.

Please bear in mind that I have tried a variety of games, but I am rarely into FPS or fighting games (you'll note an exception below). In a year when sequals disappointed, new games came out of nowhere to claim a lot of play time. Additionally, I rate games that I purchased this year, even if they were released previously like GTA: VC and SSBM. Here, then, are my awards:

Game I Thought I Would Never Like, But Then Did:

Pokemon Sapphire (Ruby), GBA

I picked up a GBA and several games for it but was underwhelmed. Then a friend I trust recommend Pokemon to me. A kid's game. To me! Luckily, I trusted my friend and despite some doubts, picked up Pokemon Sapphire. Best gaming decision I made this year.

If Pokemon Sapphire were released on Super Nintendo 10+ years ago we would all remember it as one of the best games of all time, but because it runs on the GBA, generally viewed as a youth system, with a game that is also attached to kids with cartoons, lunch boxes, and the card game, we dismiss it. But I found Sapphire to be the most engrossing game this year, with scads of depth and the sort of extra features that you usually only find in games like FF7.

Best Game That I Had Never Heard of But Purchased Based on Reviews:

Culdcept, PS2

Like a bolt of lightning from the blue, Culdcept has invaded my life. Over break, I have literally played Culdcept straight for four days. And this was AFTER finishing the game. The combination of Magic: the Gathering and Monopoly is simply sheer genius, and this is the first time that this game was ported to the States despite earlier versions. Where was it all this time?

The game's cards are sometimes in "Engrish," and the graphics are often reminiscent of a good Super Nintendo game, but the it is engrossig enough, gameplay wise, to take scads of time away from me. It is also one of the best party games I've come across for the PS2, being able to be played by four players despite only two controllers.

Biggest Disappointment, Computer:

Master of Orion 3, PC

There were a lot of disappointing games this year, but none so egregiously bad as MOO3. I haven't played a game that was this poorly designed in years, and all of this on the heels of a game that was supposedly in design for a long time. TPF looks pretty iffy and CM4 had some showstopper bugs, but nothing touches MOO3.

There have been other recent major letdowns from storied franchises, Might and Magic IX and Heroes of Might and Magic 4 being two shining examples. But nothing like MOO3 has ever been perpetrated on my watch until now - simply horrible.

Biggest Disappointment, Console

Super Smash Brothers Melee, GC

Purchased for my new Gamecube mainly on word of mouth and positive reviews, SSBM has been the worst experience for me, leaving me with an "Enhhh" feeling of complete mediocrity. People have praised SSBM with the sounds of heaven, but I haven't seen anything.

I haven't been this disappointed about a game that everybody from reviewer to owner hyped since The Sims, which was truly a sucky game despite what everybody claimed.

Best Game, Computer

Front Office Football 2004, PC

This category had a lot of games that I liked. With Sim City 4 taking the silver and Tropico 2: Pirate's Cove the bronze. But, Solecismic went from having the biggest dissapointment last year (FOF4) to having the best game this year.

FOF2k4 has a lot of minor but very worthwhile improvements, however, to be fair, the computer game market this year was fairly weak. In a year when CM4 and TPF failed to deliver on expectations, FOF2k4 won the textsim sports games section by my mind. With MOO3's abject failure and GalCiv barely being playable, Tropico 2, a strong strategy sim made a fine showing. Only Sim City 4 gave FOF2k4 a run for its money in a weak crowd, and, even as I type this, I wonder if I shouldn't have awarded SC4 with the medal.

Best Game, Console

Madden 2004, PS2

There were a lot of good console games this year, despite the fact that I usually prefer computer games, this year had weak offerings for the keyboard. That left me with console systems.

The best games for the three systems I own were Pokemon Sapphire, Culdcept, and Mario Kart: DD. However, Pokemon and Culdcept already won awards, and are therefore not elligible for this award. That leaves Mario Kart DD and the other major PS2 contender - Madden 2k4.

And Madden was simply much better this year than any previous incarnation. Owner Mode introduced a bevy of options, some of which not even FOF 2k4 can match. From the game play action, like playmaker control, to additional franchise options, Madden 2k4 added to an already outstanding dynasty of games.

Top Ten Games, 2003

1. Front Office Football 2004, PC
2. Culdcept, PS2
3. Pokemon Sapphire, GBA
4. Madden 2004, PS2
5. Sim City 4, PC
6. Mario Kart: Double Dash, GC
7. Tropico 2: Pirate's Cove, PC
8. Soul Caliber 2, GC
9. Monster Rancher 4, PS2
10. Grand Teft Auto: Vice City, PS2

-Anxiety

P.S. - Please feel free to comment, leave your own top ten list, etc.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 12:55 AM   #2
bigdawg2003
High School Varsity

FANBOY!

Old 12-29-2003, 01:15 AM   #3
Axxon
Pro Starter

Just a few comments.

1. Pokemon is indeed a great series of games and shows that children are up to far more thought provoking fare than we typically give them credit for. These games appeal to children but in no way are the gameplay elements childish. Very important distinction that is often missed.

2. Never heard of Culdcept but no longer own a PS2 so don't tell me more.

3. In your PC section you say galciv is barely playable. I just don't get this. Unless you had issues with the game actually running on your computer this just doesn't belong in an honest review. I can understand someone not liking something but barely playable??

It boggles the mind even more as it is very close to what many thought MOO3 was going to be as the gameplay closely resembles MOO2 in many many ways. This is so far out in left field as I agree with most of what you said and while we certainly can disagree I wouldn't think we'd agree so well on so much then diverge so strongly on one game.

This isn't a criticism mind you I'm just confused.

In the text sims ring I'll add one more. Fast Break College Basketball. I don't like basketball but this game succeeds for me. It's just a great game and was my pick for text sims game of the year until FOF2K4 came out. Again, I don't like basketball.

Overall, nice work on the list and thanks for taking the time to write it up. I imagine some folks are going to have lighter wallets after reading that post and the replies it will get.
Old 12-29-2003, 01:15 AM   #4
Ramzavail
College Starter

I absolutely love Culdcept as well. Good call.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 01:19 AM   #5
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Thanks for the review. Although I don't own any consoles, I appreciate the games I knew nothing about on the PC side of things. You should probably do this more often.
Old 12-29-2003, 01:27 AM   #6
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Thanks for the reviews, Anxiety. I'm a PC-only gamer, and this seemed like a pretty disappointing year for me. Honestly, though, I find myself buying fewer and fewer games as time goes on, and mostly sticking with the "old standby" strategy games or RPGs or sports sims that I like. Probably 80% of my gaming time goes to TCY/FOF, Europa Universalis 2, Space Empires IV, and dabbling with MMORPGs.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 01:27 AM   #7
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Antmeister71
Thanks for the review. Although I don't own any consoles, I appreciate the games I knew nothing about on the PC side of things. You should probably do this more often.

Of course, it wouldn't be wise to do a "Year in Review" thing too often.
Old 12-29-2003, 01:30 AM   #8
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Axxon
Of course, it wouldn't be wise to do a "Year in Review" thing too often.

LOL....good point. I was just hoping he could review some games he tried out once a month or even a quarter.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 01:50 AM   #9
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Antmeister71
LOL....good point. I was just hoping he could review some games he tried out once a month or even a quarter.

Yeah, that'd be cool.
Old 12-29-2003, 02:01 AM   #10
Ragone
Pro Rookie

anxiety.. while i basically agree with your lists.. any list with ncaa football 2004 in top 10 is flawed
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 09:49 AM   #11
MikeVic
Head Coach

I think SSBM is an awesome game. It's one of the things me and my friends play anytime we're at someone's house.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 09:52 AM   #12
rkmsuf
Head Coach

I'm just glad this is the "Official" year in review...
Old 12-29-2003, 10:04 AM   #13
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by rkmsuf
I'm just glad this is the "Official" year in review...

Well, it is Anxiety's "Official" year in review. Do you have something against Anxiety or were you just being stupid??

If it's the former you might want to take it to PM and if it's the latter let me just say that you should try thinking before you reply as your reply really would make no sense in this context.

As I don't follow all the text sim pissing matches I really don't know how to take this so I covered the most obvious choices.

I can't much see how this has any value on it's own merit. If it does, then I apologize in advance.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:27 AM   #14
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Well, it is Anxiety's "Official" year in review. Do you have something against Anxiety or were you just being stupid??

If it's the former you might want to take it to PM and if it's the latter let me just say that you should try thinking before you reply as your reply really would make no sense in this context.

As I don't follow all the text sim pissing matches I really don't know how to take this so I covered the most obvious choices.

I can't much see how this has any value on it's own merit. If it does, then I apologize in advance.

You didn't have a very good holiday I take it...
Old 12-29-2003, 10:32 AM   #15
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

You should see Anxiety's "unofficial" list...whew! Talk about some stinkers.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 10:32 AM   #16
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
You didn't have a very good holiday I take it...

Well, no, I actually did. I was able to take some time off and avoid stupid people. I was able to recharge my battery.

Whatever made you think otherwise???

Seriously, I'm not negative to be negative but I do sometimes find it funny, and I apologize a lot once I understand where people are coming from.

So, where were you coming from?? Asking me about my holiday didn't really accomplish much in re this discussion did it????.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:38 AM   #17
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Well, no, I actually did. I was able to take some time off and avoid stupid people. I was able to recharge my battery.

Whatever made you think otherwise???

Seriously, I'm not negative to be negative but I do sometimes find it funny, and I apologize a lot once I understand where people are coming from.

So, where were you coming from?? Asking me about my holiday didn't really accomplish much in re this discussion did it????.

I'm coming from my computer silly.

I don't know what is so hard to understand but since you are having trouble I'll explain.

I hate Anxiety and everything he stands for. He's wronged me, my children and can't sing.

He's a lousy dancer, but has better hair than me.

All in all I thought putting Official in quotes would really get his goat.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:50 AM   #18
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm coming from my computer silly.

I don't know what is so hard to understand but since you are having trouble I'll explain.

I hate Anxiety and everything he stands for. He's wronged me, my children and can't sing.

He's a lousy dancer, but has better hair than me.

All in all I thought putting Official in quotes would really get his goat.

Hah, good show my vowel deprived friend.

I try and avoid Anxiety but I keep forgetting to take my meds so I've come to accept the existance of Anxiety and lifes been better and more affordable since I've made that decision.

I've never had children so I can't be wronged that way and as I'm tone deaf I am also immuned to such a grievous insult. It does pay dividends in the end trust me.

I also have great hair and am a great heir to boot and I have four left feet so I'm sure if we knew each other I'd be the object of your disdain as well but one can't really rail too hard against fates lest one be very unfavorably compared to the bard himself. I don't think anyone but Marlowe could attempt to win that one, do you??

If you want a goat, I'd think purchasing a new one would be less questioned and more easily obtained but what would I know?? I'm more into less obstinate partners.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:56 AM   #19
Desnudo
Coordinator

Have you had a chance to try CM 03/04 (out since November)? Major improvement over CM4.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 12:04 PM   #20
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally posted by Ragone
anxiety.. while i basically agree with your lists.. any list with ncaa football 2004 in top 10 is flawed
That's been my personal game of the year. I've never spent as much time with one game than I have with NCAA 2004. Best gaming purchase ever.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 02:24 PM   #21
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Actually, I can sing. Very well, thank you.

As for GalCiv, it didn't work on my home computer so I installed it on my work machine. It was decent enough, but I never did get into it at work. After about a week I put i down.

I have not tried the new CM 03/04. Firstly, because TPF was coming out and I wanted to reserve some time for it because it had high expectations, secondly because CM4 had too many bugs for my tastes and I wanted to hold off, and thirdly because Culdcept crept into my life and stole a month of gaming time.

I've not played NCAA 2k4, to be perfectly honest. I think that I only have time each year for one button masher console sports game, and it was Madden 2k4. If next year's Madden blows (and they have not all been good), then I may test NCAA or ESPN Football of something.

You guys need to post your own Top Ten lists....

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 02:31 PM   #22
cody8200
High School Varsity

You gotta play Knight of the Old Republic for PC, Best Game of the Year but not hands down...there is also a bunch of other good ones this year.

2)(pc)NFS underground
3)(pc)Madden 2004
4)(gc)Ncaa football 2004
5)(pc)Beyond Good and Evil
cody8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 03:49 PM   #23
pskov
Mascot

KOTOR for PC was the best game released this year across all platforms. No contest in my opinion.
pskov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 07:38 PM   #24
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I would also agree that a strong case could be made for KOTOR as best game of the year. I've posted most of my thoughts regarding this in the games thread, so I won't go in depth here. However, I've just found it to be one of the most engrossing, replayable RPG's in a long time. I've played through it almost twice and am anxious to play through it a third time with a different type of character. It's simply a great game.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 07:38 PM   #25
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Hmm, interesting thoughts. I would have to go with the following, in no particular order, (being out of work for most of last year cut down the number of new games that I have tried so it's a short list):

Call of Duty
FOF2004
FBCB
NASCAR Racing 2003 Season
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 09:12 PM   #26
WussGawd
College Benchwarmer

Some comments on your list.

Don't own a PS2, so you might as well be speaking Greek with some of your choices, but Madden 2004 is great (just picked it up used for XBox).

Re. The Pokemon Series for GBA, I've fiddled with my kids' copies of them from time to time on road trips while the wife is driving. If you can get past the silly back story, and forget about the ridiculously bad anime cartoons, what you are left with is a great strategy game with strong RPG elements. I'd consider Sapphire or Ruby to be a must have for GBA owners looking for an RPG title.

I've been tempted to give GalCiv a spin, may just have to try it.

MOO3. I lost all interest when I heard they were going RTS. I liked the Civ-esque feel of the first two, and thought they were killing one of the most unique elements of the game (that and I don't like the twitchfests that RTS games inevitably become...if I want to have a Sci-Fi festival of mouse/button clicks I'll just reach over and stick Halo in the XBox and do it right).

My own list in a minute.
WussGawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 09:20 PM   #27
cody8200
High School Varsity

I cant believe I forgot Call of Duty...a fantastic game. Should be my number 2.
cody8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 09:31 PM   #28
The_herd
College Starter

My top games for the year are:
1. Call of Duty- Best shooter I've played since Half Life
2. FBCB- The best basketball sim on the market, hands down
3. FOF2k4- This crowd doesn't really need a comment on this, does it?
4. GalCiv- A very good game that keeps improving with updates
5. Max Payne 2- doesn't get much hype, but I love the series. The best story telling in a shooter
6. Rise of Nations- Would have probably placed higher if I would have had more time to play it when it released
Old 12-29-2003, 09:57 PM   #29
Wasabiak
High School Varsity

Question......Is Madden 2k4 for Xbox similar to the PS2 version, in that you would recommend it as well? I have eyed this game up for months now, wanting it so badly. But then i remember how many times the Madden series has let me down. Thank you for your insightful insight.
Wasabiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 10:40 PM   #30
WussGawd
College Benchwarmer

Hmm. I like Anxiety's format, but have to put a spin on it, unfortunately.

I got a new PC in May, my first since 2000. Needless to say, there have been some pre-2003 release games that I've had to catch up on. So I'll be looking at 2001-2002 vintage games that I tried this year as well as 2003 releases. I played more PC games than Console this year, so my categories are tilted a bit more.

"The Steaming Pile of Poo Awards"

Most Disappointing 2003 Title (PC):

Winner: Championship Manager 4.

My first foray into CM, and one that frankly almost turned me off the series. Games that I spend roughly $50 on should not be written off as having bugs that are too expensive to fix. I gave the series one more try with CM 03/04, too early to tell what I feel about it.

Runner-Up: Inside the Park Baseball:

OK, other people are calling this a great simple title. My main problem with this is that it is too simple and not nearly engaging enough. Where are the media and fans? Where are player and coach relationships? Oh, but look, I can get fall down drunk, seduce women and buy Wonderboy on Ebay.

I think the second or third iteration of this game may be great to play. but v1 was the dullest festival of mouseclicks I've installed on a computer since I loaded my latest version of Excel. New Star Soccer covers the same ground for about 1/4th of the price, and has a lot more replay value IMHO.

Runner Up: Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield

Just how many times can somebody throw flashbangs into a conference room/embassy/oil rig to rescue a hostage before he decides it will be far more entertaining to frag his own teammates. Happily, Rainbow Six 3 answers this question...not many.

Most Disappointing Pre-2003 Title, PC:

Winner: RollerCoaster Tycoon 2

This one should have been titled RollerCoaster Tycoon 1.5: Infogrames Milks the Cash Cow Completely Dry. On the other hand, I'd like to personally thank Chris Sawyer and Infogrames for killing any lingering goodwill I may have had for Tycoon games outside of the Railroad Tycoon 2/3 series from PopTop.

Runner Up: Sim City 4

A host of new, seemingly great ideas, but frankly, I find this whole series of games less and less compelling with each iteration. If and when EA decides to flog a dead horse by coming out with Sim City 5 I'm afraid I'll have to pass. Oh, and EA, great marketing idea omitting things that were part of Sim City 3000 just so you could readd them to the expansion pack.

Most Disappointing 2003 Title, XBox:

Winner: Grabbed by the Ghoulies.

OK, I didn't get this one for me, and truth is, I haven't even played it. My youngest son fell in love with a demo of it, and insisted that I get it for him for Christmas. He insisted I put it in the XBox for him on Christmas morning, he played it for 15 minutes, asked me to put another game in (Voodoo Vince, IIRC, more on it later), and he's never asked for it since...$49 down the drain, thanks, son.

Bottom Line: If an 8 year old doesn't find it entertaining, it's a complete waste of electrons.

Runner Up: Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb

OK, I'm a sucker. I love the Indy films, the short-lived television series, and I enjoyed the couple of previous LucasArts games (Fate of Atlantis & Infernal Machine). That being said, this was about as soulless and dull a game as I can imagine. The Collective took the Buffy Engine, converted it to Indy, and forgot to do anything compelling with the gameplay.

Most Disappointing Pre-2003 Title, XBox:

Winner: 007: Agent Under Fire:

Picked this up in the bargain bin after enjoying 007: Nightfire for the XBox. The one compelling question that I'm left with after playing with this POS is why the hell couldn't Blofeld kill off James Bond back in the 60's and saved us the trouble of ever having to suffer this title.

No Runner-Up. I didn't really play too many complete losers this year.

The "Where The Heck Did That Come From?" Award:

Best Under-the-Radar 2003 Game, PC:

Winner: Front Office Football 2004

To tell the truth, I haven't genuinely enjoyed a version of Jim G's flagship since FOF2. FOF2001's Madden-wannabe interface really ticked me off (silly me, but I'd actually like to be able to read the text in a text-sim) was followed by a ton of features that just didn't grab me in FOF4. But the changes in FOF2004 really got me fired up, and I can't stop playing this title.

Runner-Up: Republic: The Revolution

OK, I know this game has been hard for some reviewers to get fired up about, but I like the game's combination of strategy, rpg, and power politics elements. It was a completely fresh idea, and its pretty well executed. Viva La Revolucion.

Best 2003 Under-the-Radar Game, XBox:

Winner: Voodoo Vince

A game my kids picked up earlier this year, this is the most original game I played this year. For those who haven't tried it, it is a fairly routine second person action game, with a creative spin. Vince is a voodoo doll who most rescue his creator, fighting off monsters and characters. But as a voodoo doll, he kills his tormentors by harming himself. The game has some laugh-out-loud humorous moments to it, and is a pretty deep, immersive game. Definitely worth a rent, maybe a purchase.

Sadly, I don't really have a runner-up, as most of the games I bought and enjoyed for the consoles were hyped to the hilt.

Best 2003 Release PC Game I played

Gold: Front Office Football 2004

See my comments above. A great, great upgrade over the last couple of versions, and a game I can't stop playing.

Silver: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

OK, I was late coming to the Grand Theft Auto series, and frankly, it disturbs me that I so thoroughly enjoy a game with such anti-social themes, but I've seen no game that has as compelling or as deep a world as the GTA III series, and I can't wait to see what GTA4 looks like.

Bronze: Republic: The Revolution

A great strategy game with good RPG and power politics elements, and my favorite under-the-radar title of the year.

Best Pre-2003 PC Games I first tried in 2003

Gold: Tropico: Mucho Macho Edition

A great, great game that I can't stop playing.

Silver: Ghost Recon: Gold Edition

The coolest FPS I've ever played, hands down.

Bronze: Morrowind: Game of the Year

What GTA III did for action adventure, this game does for RPGs. The best RPG I've ever played, and a far, far better single-player experience than Neverwinter Nights.

2003 Best Console Games I played

Gold: NCAA Football 2004

Best college football game ever, maybe best football game ever. What's more to like?

Silver: Knights of the Old Republic

Just got this a couple of days ago. Can already tell it's going to be a great one.

Bronze: Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

The game that Indiana Jones & the Emperor's Tomb could have been, if LucasArts and The Collective had shown the passion for that game that the developers and producers of this game did. Buy it. Now.

EDIT: Brain locked that Rainbox Six 3 was a 2003 release.

Last edited by WussGawd : 12-29-2003 at 10:53 PM.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:45 PM   #31
WussGawd
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Wasabiak
Question......Is Madden 2k4 for Xbox similar to the PS2 version, in that you would recommend it as well? I have eyed this game up for months now, wanting it so badly. But then i remember how many times the Madden series has let me down. Thank you for your insightful insight.

Well, I picked it up mainly because I have NCAA 2004, and wanted to play with my college players into their pro careers. I've only had it for a couple of days, but it looks pretty good. Since it's an EA title for the XBox, the question you have to ask yourself is whether you are likely to play online. If you are, ESPN NFL Football is probably the best choice, since it is better than NFL Fever 2004. If you tend to play hotseat or solo, there are things I like about ESPN, and things I like about Madden.
Old 12-30-2003, 12:11 AM   #32
Flasch186
Coordinator

how was civ3 not on the list.....conquests makes the game awesome and if i knew how to do the edits and tweaks like the gurus at civfanatics im sure it might be the best game ever but im stuck playing the game i bought...damnit!!!

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 12:12 AM   #33
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Top Games Played of 2003:

Unreal Championship
Halo
PSO
Super Smash Brothers Melee
OOTP 5
Rainbow Six 3
Star Wars: KOTOR
DDR
High Heat Baseball 2004
NBA 2k3

Those are my top played games of the year. Not necessarily the best in that order, but most of those games are fantastic. I heart quality online console FPS games Unreal had the best mode ever (bombing run...like football with guns), but the rest of it was average. If Halo 2 has a mode like that, it'll be instantly one of the best games ever.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote