Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-04-2017, 11:55 AM   #101
QuikSand
lolzcat

Q for FFProphets:

The Falcons offense blew up last year and had a lot to go around, lessening the usual worry of having two rotation RB and a variety of skill players. But not many teams can continue to make two running backs fantasy relevant. For 2017, what do you see for Freeman and Coleman -- is it possible that they are both overrated for FF draft purposes?
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 06:14 PM   #102
bhlloy
Coordinator

I think so, with a new OC who knows what kind of splits they are getting or how often they are going to be utilized. Usually when you get a 60-40 split it's not good for either back for fantasy purposes but Shanahan's offense was one of the rare ones that made it work.

I'm having absolutely no part of either of them for where they are drafted - Freeman's ADP is 1.12 (first round, no way) and Coleman's is 5.03.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 07:07 PM   #103
QuikSand
lolzcat

That's my leaning, too. I have a keeper conundrum with Freeman - it's a 12-team no-PPR league where each team can play either 2RB/2WR or 1RB/3WR, thus a lessened importance on RB depth. Th league allows each team to simply keep three players. Here's our current list, in my ranked order:

Zeke
AJ Green
D Freeman
Todd Gurley
Michael Thomas

So... the by-the-book play is to just keep Freeman. I'm leaning toward trying to swing a deal, and bundle up two guys for one, or send a draft pick if needed. Had been hoping that the Gurley/Elliott package would be absolute money at this point, but we all know what happened (or didn't, rather) with Gurley last season.

Anyway... it's a good problem to have, whether the consensus #15 or so guy overall is worthy of making your keeper list. As defending champs, too.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:12 PM   #104
BishopMVP
Coordinator

I have the #2 pick in a dynasty draft. I'm much deeper at WR & figured a top 2 pick would net me Fournette or Cook after the college season, though Cook's stock plummeted unfortunately. If Corey Davis goes #1, Fournette's still the easy choice. But if Fournette goes #1, is it even worth considering McCaffrey at #2 or is Corey Davis just too much better to pass up? I worry that Cam Newton will always be stealing goal line TD's & part of McCaffrey's value to Carolina will be as a returner which won't help me at all (and I also have Mariota), so it's probably Davis, but I'm wondering if anyone feels differently.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 06-04-2017 at 08:21 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 09:08 AM   #105
cmp
Pro Rookie

We actually had that exact question on our last show about the rookie draft #2 pick. I actually decided I would pick Mccaffery. I know young receivers are typically more valuable in dynasty leagues but I still feel getting good running backs is the key. And I tend to believe McCaffery's long term value and health could be different than a typical every down between the tackles runner. Maybe it's the fact that I'm not 100% sold on Davis but when it's close for me I go running back.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 05:36 PM   #106
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp View Post
We actually had that exact question on our last show about the rookie draft #2 pick. I actually decided I would pick Mccaffery. I know young receivers are typically more valuable in dynasty leagues but I still feel getting good running backs is the key. And I tend to believe McCaffery's long term value and health could be different than a typical every down between the tackles runner. Maybe it's the fact that I'm not 100% sold on Davis but when it's close for me I go running back.
I ended up punting on the decision & shopping the pick, especially after Kenneth Dixon's injury meant I really needed a 2nd RB. Tried to trade 2&12 for picks 3&4 first, would've taken whatever 2 of McCaffrey, Corey Davis & Dalvin Cook were left, but when that fell through I sent 2, 12, & filler for Jordan Howard, Tyler Eifert & a 2nd round pick next year. Present value was just too much to pass up, especially since I've had a hole at TE for 2 seasons.
Old 08-08-2017, 06:54 PM   #107
bhlloy
Coordinator

I'm expecting huge things from McCaffrey. Especially in PPR.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 08:24 AM   #108
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
I sent 2, 12, & filler for Jordan Howard, Tyler Eifert & a 2nd round pick next year.

That sounds very reasonable to me, nicely done.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:05 AM   #109
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
That sounds very reasonable to me, nicely done.
Thanks. I really loved the idea of a potential Mariota/Davis pairing, but with Jarvis Landry, Terrelle Pryor, Corey Coleman & Kelvin Benjamin at WR it just made too much sense not to draft another WR. (But if Mike Williams starts slipping a lot maybe I'll try & trade up for him!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I'm expecting huge things from McCaffrey. Especially in PPR.
For a dynasty league, the whole Panthers organization scares me right now. Between their history of loving goal line backs, giving Cam Newton goal line TD's and lack of a feature back since 2008, to their current front office mess of firing the GM a week before training camp because he didn't want to give lucrative extensions to old fan favorites... it just makes me think there's a good chance Rivera gets fired after this season or Jerry Richardson keeps inserting himself into football decisions, which never goes well.