Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-19-2017, 11:44 AM   #101
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
From the teaser in the "next episode" clip, it might be worse than that.....

I know some people don't like to watch those, so

Spoiler

Yeah, that's what I was basing my comment on.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:20 PM   #102
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

by the way, I don't know why I find all the new huddling up to discuss thing at tribals this year to be so annoying, but I do.
Old 05-19-2017, 02:36 PM   #103
larrymcg421
Head Coach

It's possible for someone to go home by default at the F6 vote next week.

*Tai plays his two idols.
*Troyzan plays his idol.
*Sarah plays the legacy advantage.
*Individual immunity winner.
*The 6th person would be the only person eligible for votes.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 04:47 PM   #104
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post

*Troyzan plays his idol.

but people wouldn't know the immunity idol holders had them. thus votes.
it's possible that no one gets votes.

i wonder if they purple rock at that point.

it would be funny if no one went home tho
thus wasting ALL the toys
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:07 PM   #105
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
but people wouldn't know the immunity idol holders had them. thus votes.
it's possible that no one gets votes.

i wonder if they purple rock at that point.

it would be funny if no one went home tho
thus wasting ALL the toys

That doesn't change anything. If 5 people are immune and there are no votes, then it goes to rocks. Only one person would be eligible to draw a rock and they would go home.

The trickier scenario is if 4 people are immune and the votes are evenly split. Then there's no one eligible to draw rocks. The other 4 would have to unanimously agree to send someone home.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:05 PM   #106
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

What is the legacy advantage? I know it said it can be used at 6 but don't know if it ever said what it actually is.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 07:09 PM   #107
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
What is the legacy advantage? I know it said it can be used at 6 but don't know if it ever said what it actually is.

They said earlier when Sierra initially got it. It counts as immunity at either the Final 13 or Final 6 tribal council.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:02 PM   #109
molson
General Manager

I'd put the order of likelihood of winning like this:

1. Sarah
2. Cirie
3. Brad
4. Tai
5. Aubrey
6. Troyzan

Also, fun fact, Cirie is the first player in history to make it to the finale episode 3 times.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:04 PM   #110
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
*FIXED

I'd put the order of likelihood of winning like this:

1. Cirie
2. Sarah
3. Aubrey
4. Tai
____________________HEAVY LINE IN SAND
5. Brad
6. Troyzan
Old 05-21-2017, 07:43 AM   #111
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Based of edit and position in the game:

Favorites
1. Sarah - It seems like she should get to the final 3 based off her edit viability and where she stands in the game. I just don't know if the jury is going to vote for her or against her.
2. Brad - If Sarah doesn't win I think Brad is a good bet to win because he's definitely been visible and is logically in a good position game wise at this point.
Outside chance
3. Cirie - I think her edit has been just as good as Sarah's and Brad's edits. If she does get to the final 3 I think she probably wins. However, I just don't undertand how she gets there logically at this point unless she goes on an immunity run.
4. Tai - Everyone seems to like him. I'm just not sure anyone really respects his game.
Almost no chance
5. Troyzan - Has had a mostly invisible edit throughout the season.
6. Aubrey - Has had a mostly invisible edit throughout the season and has no hidden immunity idol.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 11:08 AM   #112
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Cirie botching using that advantage likely tanked her chances of winning (she looked stupid and trying a snake move that failed)

Troyzan likely only beats tai/aubrey so those 3 have no chance of winning

Basically i believe Racar's assessment of win probability is accurate
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 04:22 PM   #113
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I could 100% see Sarah being the sort of player who goes into the final tribal as a huge favorite and then screws up her jury game so badly that she loses.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:46 PM   #114
General Mike
Pro Starter

"tell me what you want me to do with it"

so stupid.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:01 PM   #115
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Spoiler

Last edited by Racer : 05-24-2017 at 08:01 PM.
Old 05-24-2017, 10:07 PM   #116
General Mike
Pro Starter

Right person won, at least IMO.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:27 AM   #117
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yeah. I don't like her all that much, but she played better than anyone. Glad it wasn't Culpepper.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:36 PM   #118
korme
Go Reds

Ever cost yourself a million bucks? Culpepper did, when he kept his vendetta against Tai.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 01:05 PM   #119
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:

*Troyzan plays his idol.

Called it, but I really thought it'd be Aubry who went (based on her edit) instead of Cirie.

Old 05-25-2017, 01:29 PM   #120
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Ever cost yourself a million bucks? Culpepper did, when he kept his vendetta against Tai.

Yep. Hard to believe he could make such an obvious blunder.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:53 PM   #121
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Still not the worst blunder of all times.. Wu Taking tony to final tribal was by far the most egregious blunder of all times.

I don't think i want to see another season of Tai's flip flopping and poor play rewarded by silly luck of finding idols.

Edit:Also 5 people would have voted for Tai at final if he made it? Talk about bitter jury(Sarah I understand, the rest, no)

Last edited by Ragone : 05-25-2017 at 05:54 PM.
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 07:22 PM   #123
General Mike
Pro Starter

I wish they would go back to 2 people finals. And I definitely don't get the Tai love from the jury. Even if they were bitter, did he make even one big move?
Old 05-25-2017, 07:50 PM   #124
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Best player won. Which is why it's kind of amazing that we got three tribal councils and apparently nobody ever thought to get rid of her. Wouldn't have worked in the first, but they just let the player with the best case to win glide through to the end.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:04 PM   #125
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
Best player won. Which is why it's kind of amazing that we got three tribal councils and apparently nobody ever thought to get rid of her. Wouldn't have worked in the first, but they just let the player with the best case to win glide through to the end.

She had three votes on her nullified at 6 and would have gone home if she didn't have the legacy advantage.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:08 PM   #126
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
I wish they would go back to 2 people finals. And I definitely don't get the Tai love from the jury. Even if they were bitter, did he make even one big move?

Agree on the two person finale. I'm guessing the reason why some people would have voted for Tai over Culpepper was that he probably connected with them on a more personal level. It didn't sound like Brad made that much of an effort to get to know people outside of his alliance.

It's also possible Culpepper may have rubbed some people the wrong way with his personality. I don't get the sense that people were bitter against him. He was about as loyal as they come now days and played a straight forward game.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:11 PM   #127
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post

She was the best kind of player. The kind that controlled the game, without everybody around her knowing it. Usually if you're the best out there, people recognize it and you're knocked out shortly afterwards.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 05:53 AM   #128
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I watched the finale a day late and based on an accidental spoiler I thought I saw I went through the day thinking Culpepper had won, which confused me a lot. Sarah definitely deserved it, as annoying as she was.

Why did Culpepper dress like a high school science teacher at the reunion? did he lose a bet? At first glimpse, my kids and I immediately broke out in laughter

also, I went through two seasons thinking Brad Culpepper was Brad Johnson.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:23 AM   #129
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Sarah mentioned in one of the post-show interviews that when her, Troyzan, and Brad went on that reward before the Final 6 vote, they exchanged items to "prove" their loyalty. Brad gave Sarah his wedding ring, she gave him something important, and Troyzan gave something important. This makes more sense as to why Brad didn't target Sarah at the end.

Old 05-26-2017, 12:38 PM   #130
molson
General Manager

I always assumed that kind of thing was against the rules. Should the monetary value of jewelry brought to the game give you an advantage? What if there's competing jewelry being given as collateral and players make decisions about who to turn on based on the comparative value of the jewelry? It's potentially not that different than the guy who allegedly offered to pay off someone else's mortgage for their tribal counsel vote.

It's probably better and safer to prohibit players from using real-world items or real-world promises either as collateral or as bargaining chips for votes. There was probably more too it, but imagine if Tai was left out of the final 3 just because he didn't have an engagement ring or any other valuable jewelry with him to hand over and prove his trustworthiness.

Edit: Jeff also seemed uncomfortable at the reunion with Sarah bringing up Tony's extensive pre-game coaching of her. I don't know if there needs to be a rule against that kind of thing, but I think that's a reason for concern too, if a big chunk of the Survivor strategy and relationship-building actually takes place before the game starts.

Why did Brad own Troyzan the whole game, was it because Brad was able to connect with him on the island, or was it because Brad got him NFL season tickets or something before the show even started?

Last edited by molson : 05-26-2017 at 01:05 PM.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:47 PM   #131
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Sarah mentioned in one of the post-show interviews that when her, Troyzan, and Brad went on that reward before the Final 6 vote, they exchanged items to "prove" their loyalty. Brad gave Sarah his wedding ring, she gave him something important, and Troyzan gave something important. This makes more sense as to why Brad didn't target Sarah at the end.
This whole season had a really weird "If I let you hold this thing I own then it will prove I'm loyal" vibe. You also had Sarah/Cirie with the advantage, plus Brad trying to get Tai with the "just let me hold your idol" scam.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:04 PM   #132
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
I always assumed that kind of thing was against the rules. Should the monetary value of jewelry brought to the game give you an advantage? What if there's competing jewelry being given as collateral and players make decisions about who to turn on based on the comparative value of the jewelry? It's potentially not that different than the guy who allegedly offered to pay off someone else's mortgage for their tribal counsel vote.

It's probably better and safer to prohibit players from using real-world items or real-world promises either as collateral or as bargaining chips for votes. There was probably more too it, but imagine if Tai was left out of the final 3 just because he didn't have an engagement ring or any other valuable jewelry with him to hand over and prove his trustworthiness.

I think this is why it wasn't shown in the edit and why they didn't mention it during the reunion. Could also be why Jeff was insistent on embarrassing Culpepper about his "mistake" in taking Sarah to the end.

Quote:
Edit: Jeff also seemed uncomfortable at the reunion with Sarah bringing up Tony's extensive pre-game coaching of her. I don't know if there needs to be a rule against that kind of thing, but I think that's a reason for concern too, if a big chunk of the Survivor strategy and relationship-building actually takes place before the game starts.

I don't think there's much that can be done about pre-game alliances. There's no way to really police that for returnee seasons.

Old 05-27-2017, 05:40 AM   #133
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I don't think there's much that can be done about pre-game alliances. There's no way to really police that for returnee seasons.

There are always pregame alliances in allstar seasons and people admit it during it. HOwever sometimes people use that to backstab their friends too. OMG both situations happened a lot during the original Allstars season
Old 05-27-2017, 05:42 AM   #134
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

Why did Brad own Troyzan the whole game, was it because Brad was able to connect with him on the island, or was it because Brad got him NFL season tickets or something before the show even started?

holy crap they did that???

sheesh...

yeah that kinda stuff should totally be against the rules.

However I wouldn't ever trust anyone with this. Nor agree to it even if I said yes. It's as worthless as people's "normal" jewelryless word.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 05-27-2017 at 05:42 AM.
Old 05-27-2017, 10:08 AM   #135
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
There are always pregame alliances in allstar seasons and people admit it during it. HOwever sometimes people use that to backstab their friends too. OMG both situations happened a lot during the original Allstars season

And I think that was one of the reasons Andrea was so mad at Zeke. Andrea pretty much got Zeke on the show - she helped him through the application process, put together his video, may have even put in a good word for him.

Last edited by molson : 05-27-2017 at 10:08 AM.