Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-06-2016, 08:26 AM   #1
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

2016 fantasy baseball advice thread

Couldn't find one in the archive to bump after 2013.

NL-Only. Trade Kershaw for McCutchen? My pitching is actually pretty decent besides him but am I underestimating how valuable he is? I need hitting stats bad.

panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 09:54 AM   #2
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

It may make sense in the context of your need for hitting, but this is really bad for you. You need to get another really really good bat, Kershaw (and Arietta) are in their own universe.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 12:48 PM   #3
Ramzavail
College Starter

I agree with TZ
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 01:41 PM   #4
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah. I tried for Harper and then Goldschmidt with different owners and was shot down. My pitching is great without Kershaw. But maybe I will try to fish more out. It sucks because all advice and rankings out there are for both leagues or head to head and not 10 team NL. So it's hard to figure out what is a good trade. But I guess ask for more and then when they counter it might be what I already wanted.
Old 03-30-2017, 01:26 PM   #5
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Due to the popularity of this thread last year I bring you the 2017 edition.

Trade Freddie Freeman for Matt Moore and Jason Heyward? A little background... NL Only, Roto. I drafted a power heavy team with no pitching. So losing Freeman's power stats might not effect my finish much. 2-1 deals are always difficult to evaluate.

Also anyone know any good trade analyzing sites? Used to use a few but right now they either are gone or not active yet for this coming season.
Old 03-30-2017, 01:38 PM   #6
Ramzavail
College Starter

I wouldn't trade for Jason Heyward, ever.
Old 03-30-2017, 01:56 PM   #7
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah probably good advice. I figured he could help me a little with steals and keep my runs total fairly close to what it would be with Freeman. Obviously a huge hit in HR, RBI, and likely average. The only one that will really effect my team as constructed though is average. I over-drafted a lot of power.

Any thoughts on Moore? Being in only NL-Only leagues and following the Cardinals about all I know of him is he was a promising Rays pitcher. Seems to have the stats and pedigree to be a decent fantasy starter.
Old 03-30-2017, 02:07 PM   #8
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzavail View Post
I wouldn't trade for Jason Heyward, ever.

What if I swapped out Ender Inciarte for Heyward?
Old 03-30-2017, 03:51 PM   #9
Ramzavail
College Starter

the problem with Moore is health.

Ender is alot more productive in runs and SB and a nice avg. But I wouldnt do Freeman for those two. Moore and Ender are both waiver fodder.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:49 PM   #10
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzavail View Post
the problem with Moore is health.

Ender is alot more productive in runs and SB and a nice avg. But I wouldnt do Freeman for those two. Moore and Ender are both waiver fodder.

Agree I can get more appreciate the feedback. May run another counter by you later. However This is an nl only with reserve spots so they are definitely not waiver wire. They both went for like $15.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:50 PM   #11
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

By taking on Moore, what pitcher are you getting rid of?

Also, just because some fool paid $15 for Moore doesn't mean he's worth $15
Old 03-30-2017, 08:45 PM   #12
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
By taking on Moore, what pitcher are you getting rid of?

Also, just because some fool paid $15 for Moore doesn't mean he's worth $15

The league is fairly deep with the 12 teams and the deep reserves. I would probably be dropping Patrick Corbin or Tyler Chatwood to reserves. Agree on the $15 I was just saying pitchers like Moore and Tanner Roark are actually valuable in this league setup. Not Kershaw or Arietta level but certainly bring a lot more value than a mixed league where they are expendable.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:06 PM   #13
Ramzavail
College Starter

okay, I understand better now. I still wouldn't do that deal.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:15 AM   #14
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

I'm back. So I didn't pull the trigger on that deal. Got another offer and eventually after some back and forth here is where we stand.

My team gives up Arenado for Scherzer and Johnny Peralta.

Couple of notes. NL only/roto, my team is really strong on hitting (projected to win HR's by 20+, RBI by like 50. With 0 production from Arenado's spot would still likely finish top 3 in both) Really weak on pitching (Jansen/Roark are my two best and the rest are really bad) So I can't get Kershaw, this is my next best option for stabilizing ERA/WHIP and K's. Should I be able to get more? (I know Peralta is meaningless in mixed leagues and pretty worthless in NL only but I figure 50 R, 10-15 HR at least will fill a little hole that I don't have with my current U of Adam Lind.)

Last edited by panerd : 04-14-2017 at 09:17 AM.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:21 PM   #15
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

I can live with that deal as is, so imo you need to ask for a better hitter and fall back to this if you have to.

Also, is this a keeper league? That changes everything...
Old 04-14-2017, 02:15 PM   #16
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
I can live with that deal as is, so imo you need to ask for a better hitter and fall back to this if you have to.

Also, is this a keeper league? That changes everything...

Thanks for the response. This was actually the result of me asking for better hitters a couple of times and him trying to get a quality second player a few times. So this is kind of the middle of both of our more favorable offers. I'll probably throw in someone like Willy Peralta or Tyler Chatwood since I will end up dropping them anyways to make roster space.

Johnny Peralta does bring a little more value since we all live in St. Louis but only if he starts playing more often and then he will have good trade value to a few of the extreme homers but that is the longshot benefit.

It's a fairly restricted keeper plus Arenado is $40 and Scherzer is $37 and could only be kept for one year. So I doubt either will be on our keeper lists with players like $1 Jessie Winkler and $3 Margot type guys floating around.