Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-05-2003, 09:02 AM   #1
bryce
High School Varsity

OT: I said MAYO!!!!

Woman gets 10 years in mayo spat

Texas McDonald’s customer ran over manager in parking lot

HOUSTON, Dec. 4 — A Texas woman was sentenced to 10 years in jail Thursday for running over the manager of a McDonald’s with her car because she wanted mayonnaise on her cheeseburger.
THE WOMAN, Waynetta Nolan, 37, showed no emotion as the sentence was read in court after a trial in which the McDonald’s manager, Sherry Jenkins, said that even though she gave Nolan the mayonnaise she requested, the woman flew into a rage anyway.
“I gave her everything she asked for — mayonnaise, no mustard, onions — everything I could possibly do for this lady. Mayo, mayo, mayo, and it’s still not good enough,” Jenkins told reporters outside the courtroom.
Nolan, who was convicted of aggravated assault for the April 23 incident, became so angry when a McDonald’s employee told her that she could not get mayonnaise that she threw her cheeseburger into the drive-through window, witnesses said.
Jenkins tried to placate her by offering a cheeseburger with mayonnaise, but Nolan continued to make demands until Jenkins finally called police.
When she went outside to write down Nolan’s license plate number, Nolan ran her over, breaking her pelvis.
Nolan testified that she was putting ketchup on her cheeseburger when she accidentally struck Jenkins.

© 2003 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters.

bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 12:45 PM   #2
Passacaglia
Coordinator

"I gave her everything she asked for — mayonnaise, no mustard, onions"

Wait...did she or didn't she give her the mayo?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 04:05 PM   #3
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Passa -- best I can tell she was first told she couldn't get it, then it was offered to her by the eventual speedbump.
Old 12-05-2003, 04:10 PM   #4
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

What the hell? Who knows McD's policy on these things? Is mayo forbidden on cheeseburgers or not? If not, why'd someone tell her she couldn't have it? That would piss me off, too.

"Sorry, it's against KFC policy to permit customers to put ketchup on their mac and cheese."

Not that I would have run over anyone, but....WTF?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 04:39 PM   #5
bryce
High School Varsity

yea, i think she got the mayo, but only after arguing vehemently for it. and then once she got it, either it was not to her liking or she was still steamed so she threw it back at the drive thru and gunned the gas towards manager.

sidenote: i knew a dude in college once who hated mayo so much that if a burger came with it after he specifically asked for no mayo, he would throw the burger on the floor and throw a f'n temper tantrum. and i'm not just talking about mcdonalds or wendys. regular restaurants, too. it was quite embarassing for all of us the first time we witnessed it. after that, he had a hard time finding anyone to eat with him.
Old 12-05-2003, 04:42 PM   #6
TroyF
Coordinator

Funny, there is only one thing I'll ever send a hamburger back for if they mix up the order and put on the wrong toppings. Mayo. Anything else I can scrape off if I don't want it. I hate mayo on my cheeseburgers, it's one of the few things that can actually make my stomach turn.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 04:46 PM   #7
bryce
High School Varsity

don't get me wrong, i hate mayo as much as the next person, but it doesn't compel me to attempted murder.

i have finally learned to just order cheeseburgers plain and dry, and i'll add my own ketchup. sometimes i'd enjoy maybe some lettuce or an onion or two, but it's not worth the risk. somehow whataburger still confused 'plain and dry' with 'everything' every so often. that, or when i say, '#2 with cheese, plain and dry,' the plain and dry supercedes the cheese, and my burger is cheeseless. so now i have learned to say, '#2 with cheese, plain and dry, except for the cheese, keep the cheese.'

sigh, how much longer till 5pm.
Old 12-05-2003, 11:24 PM   #8
Craptacular
College Starter

I have to work hard to just to AVOID getting cheese on my HAMburger.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 12:22 AM   #9
bbor
Pro Starter

I ran over a Taco bell manager once.

He said he was closed and i would not accept that

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 06:32 AM   #10
oykib
College Starter

I have a question.

Is there anyone in the universe that likes the standard configuration of toppings and condiments on most fast-food burgers?

I know I don't. Who the hell wants a cheeseburger with warm, rubbery pickles; mayo; mustard; just a smidge of ketchup; wilted lettuce; and onions?
oykib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 06:44 AM   #11
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Well, i used to back in the day would order something without pickles.. or lettuce.. just so that would assure it would be semi fresh.. But now everyone claims to make food fresh as its ordered..
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 06:48 AM   #12
Vince
Pro Starter

Seen 'The Whole Nine Yards?' Good movie...Bruce Willis' character has issues with mayo...just the first thing I thought of after seeing this thread this morning.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 09:18 AM   #13
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by oykib
I have a question.

Is there anyone in the universe that likes the standard configuration of toppings and condiments on most fast-food burgers?

I know I don't. Who the hell wants a cheeseburger with warm, rubbery pickles; mayo; mustard; just a smidge of ketchup; wilted lettuce; and onions?

I usually order 2 cheeseburgers instead of the bigger burger that has the lettuce at the fast food place. And I am perfectly happy with the pickles, mustard, ketchup, and sometimes onions that come on the basic cheeseburger.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 07:36 AM   #14
cuervo72
Head Coach

Re: OT: I said MAYO!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by bryce
became so angry....that she threw her cheeseburger into the drive-through window

Um........I've done this before. Except that it wasn't my cheeseburger.