Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-07-2003, 01:41 PM   #1
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Ping: the_meanstrosity

Damn me and my Christmas travel plans!! I would be all over this. Anyone want a voucher for the Tangerine Bowl to sit in the KU section?

Quote:
Free Tangerine Bowl Tickets For KU Students

Lawrence, Kan. -- University of Kansas athletics director Lew Perkins annouced on Wednesday that all KU students travelling to Orlando, Fla., for the Mazda Tangerine Bowl on Dec. 22 can receive a free ticket to the game, courtesy of the athletics department. Students wanting the free ticket -- which normally costs $45 -- must register at the KU athletic ticket office before Monday, Dec. 15 at 5 p.m.

All students wishing to sign up for the free ticket must have a valid KU student ID. Registered students will be given a voucher that can be redeemed at the KU will call window located at the Citrus Bowl stadium. (12/3/03)

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 06:10 PM   #2
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Yeah, I saw that. It's a pretty nice deal for Kansas students. Though it's only a savings of $45 vs the amount for airfare, hotel, etc.

I was really hoping Kansas would go to the bowl in Fort Worth since the airfare and hotel would be much cheaper. I would have been able to go to the Fort Worth destination. As fun as Florida would be, I just don't have the time and money to spend going down there right before Xmas.
the_meanstrosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 06:14 PM   #3
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

$45 is a lot of money for those of us in school

Airfare is ~$150 from KC and hotel would be another $100 so, yeah, I get what you're saying, tho. Still, free tickets! If it were nearby in KC or something like that, I could go but that's about the only way since I'm heading out of town the next day.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 12-07-2003 at 06:14 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote