Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-02-2003, 11:53 PM   #1
Steel City Spud Farmer
n00b

WHOOO HOOO...FINALLY!!!

After a week of trying, I finally got the whole file to download. I bought the game last tuesday night and finally tonight I got it . After many numerous tries and frustrations, I got it. Its about damm time!

Now I'm not certain if I have 5.0b or 5.0a. When I bought it, it was 5.0a, but I saw tonight that 5.0b was released, so I'm not sure which it is I downloaded, but if I have to re-download the whole thing to get 5.0b, I'll live with the bugs until I get DSL or Cable.

Thanks to The_herd for all the help. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to be trying to rebuild those damm Steelers!

Steel City Spud Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 11:59 PM   #2
The_herd
College Starter

Congrats.

If you don't have 5.0a, then unfortunately you do have to DL the whole thing again. I have no problem helping someone enjoy FOF, but if I had realized you were going to be the Steelers I would have never helped.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:04 AM   #3
Schmidty
Coordinator

Are you really a spud farmer?
Old 12-03-2003, 12:24 AM   #4
Steel City Spud Farmer
n00b

Aren't all Idahoans?? That was one of my classes at Boise State "Potato Farming 101" then of course that goes on to "Potato Plants 145" and so on and so on.

Herd, is that short for the thundering herd of marshall? If so, I still hold a grudge at them for beating Boise State in the 94? NCAA I-AA title.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:28 AM   #5
The_herd
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Steel City Spud Farmer
Herd, is that short for the thundering herd of marshall? If so, I still hold a grudge at them for beating Boise State in the 94? NCAA I-AA title.

It would be, sorry about that. (Not really)
Old 12-03-2003, 09:14 AM   #6
VIKING FAN
n00b

Just use the gracious advice Ramzavail told me:

whiner.

get cable, you cheapo.
VIKING FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 11:08 AM   #7
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

Boise State's football program is impressive. I hope they can hold on to their coach for a few more seasons.
judicial clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 12:09 PM   #8
Steel City Spud Farmer
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by VIKING FAN
Just use the gracious advice Ramzavail told me:

whiner.

get cable, you cheapo.

Trust me, it isn't from being cheap, its called being broke. What am I supposed to do, go down to the cable place and show them my nice hairy legs? Don't think that is going to work.

As far as Boise State, yeah, we seem to ship out our share of coaches here, Houston Nutt and Dirk Koetter were our last two. But I hear Koetter has been telling Hawkins all the horror stories about being involved with a big school and that might just keep him here for the next 4 years (the length of his contract). We'll see, I just hope we actually go to a decent bowl and play a decent team instead of the damm Humanatarian Bowl and 6-6 Georgia Tech
Old 12-03-2003, 12:24 PM   #9
Samdari
Roster Filler

I thought Boise St. was the official home team of the Humanitarian Bowl?
Old 12-03-2003, 12:41 PM   #10
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I just hope we actually go to a decent bowl and play a decent team instead of the damm Humanatarian Bowl and 6-6 Georgia Tech

re: Humanitarian bowl matchup -- Please feel free to enjoy your trip to the equally presitigious Plains Capital Fort Worth Bowl and a game against TCU.

A Boise State (strength of schedule = 112) win over TCU (strength of schedule=93) oughta easily silence any naysayers about the validity or relevance of their record. It's a dream matchup, a clash of titans that will titillate the nation.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:42 PM   #11
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

I would like to see Boise State play a decent team from a major conference. I think they would do well and get a little more respect for their program.

As a Fresno State fan, I have seen enough of Boise State to generate o good level of respect for the program. In the last few years, they have thumped some pretty decent Fresno State teams.

Also, about 25 years ago a few guys from my alma mater went up that way to play ball. One guy was a real stud Rb. Only guy I have heard of who got an unnecessary roughness penalty while he was carrying the ball.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:57 PM   #12
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by JonInMiddleGA
re: Humanitarian bowl matchup -- Please feel free to enjoy your trip to the equally presitigious Plains Capital Fort Worth Bowl and a game against TCU.

A Boise State (strength of schedule = 112) win over TCU (strength of schedule=93) oughta easily silence any naysayers about the validity or relevance of their record. It's a dream matchup, a clash of titans that will titillate the nation.

That's an interesting opinion, so I'll ask you a question. What bowl game this season can a non-BCS team enter against a BCS team that can amount to anything? What game tickles your fancy?

The best you will get is a non-BCS decent finisher in their conference against an average or worse BCS team. And that is the way it is set up.

Are non-BCS conferences not allowed to pit their champion against a champion from another conference? Goodness knows the BCS will not allow them the opportunity to play against a BCS champion because the fact they play in a non-BCS conference kills them.

I know, I know the non-conference schedule... can you right now with certainty list for me the top-5 teams in the country 5 years from now, because that is what this system is demanding.
Old 12-03-2003, 01:04 PM   #13
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

HFP - Oddly enough, I think you may be making the same point I was trying to make -- it's bordering on absurd for BSU to complain about having Georgia Tech as an opponent when that's about as good (all things considered) as it's going to get in the current system.

My intention was not to indicate or imply that:
A) BSU sucks
B) TCU sucks
C) GT is a world-beater

My point was/is that the difference in BSU playing/beating GT or TCU wasn't enough to amount to a hill of beans in the minds of any significant number of people. The choice is either a mediocre team from a more highly regarded conference or a better team from a lesser regarded conference.

Pick your poison I guess, but I'm not seeing much difference in dying from cyanide versus strycchnine.
Old 12-03-2003, 01:13 PM   #14
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

I wasn't getting on your case Jon and didn't infer those from your post. The point we both agree on is there is really no viable alternative. In my opinion, the good teams in the lesser regarded conferences are in a no-win. If they play each other, it doesn't prove anything, if they beat an average team it doesn't prove anything.

In most cases, there are fewer good teams and the cellar dwellers or below average are really awful in lower conferences, much worse generally than the BCS conferences. But the fewer good teams can play with higher echelon BCS conference opponents, though maybe not the USC's or OU's of the world. I do believe they deserve a chance to find out.
Old 12-03-2003, 01:18 PM   #15
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

HFP - Thanks for the clarification, I sorta feared that someone would think I was slagging TCU even though that wasn't my plan at all.
I guess I was worried too much, I'll try to be more insensitive next time
Old 12-03-2003, 01:19 PM   #16
The_herd
College Starter

This thread should be about Marshall Football.
Old 12-03-2003, 01:20 PM   #17
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Do they still have a team?
Old 12-03-2003, 01:34 PM   #18
The_herd
College Starter

Old 12-03-2003, 04:16 PM   #19
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

I don't know from strength of schedule, but I know that Boise State is one of the best teams Fresno State has faced over the last three or four years. They have been almost as good as Tennessee or Michigan State, and they have been better than Wisconsin, Colorado, Oregon State, or Oklahoma (er, ... scratch that last one).
Old 12-03-2003, 07:39 PM   #20
Steel City Spud Farmer
n00b

I haven't read all this thread yet, but BSU owns Fresno State.
Old 12-04-2003, 01:08 AM   #21
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

BOOO boise st.

WE are going to murder you guys this saturday.

(hopefully)

I think it should be a good game. we haven't lost at home yet this season go warriors!
Old 12-04-2003, 07:08 AM   #22
VIKING FAN
n00b

steel city spud farmer, i really didn't mean anything by it. i agree with your sentiments exactly. i was just being a little sarcastic. i too was kinda surprised to get that smart ass remark when i 'whined' about the download time and getting cut off and having to start the dl over again. i don't have the money for hi-speed either. whatya supposed to do.
VIKING FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 06:27 PM   #23
Steel City Spud Farmer
n00b

Better late than never, not meaning to bump my own post up or anything, just a little late on chiming in with my two cents. I guess I should change the title of this post to "BS Who?"

1. My point was/is that the difference in BSU playing/beating GT or TCU wasn't enough to amount to a hill of beans in the minds of any significant number of people. The choice is either a mediocre team from a more highly regarded conference or a better team from a lesser regarded conference.

Pick your poison I guess, but I'm not seeing much difference in dying from cyanide versus strycchnine. [/b][/quote]

Good point and one I didn't think of. But I think by beating TCU it would wash away the "Home Field Advantage" talk that comes with playin in the H-Bowl. I think it will be a good game against two evenly matched teams, but I'll be the first to admit the only game I've seen of TCU's this year was the loss to S.Miss?? I think, a couple thursday nights ago. They (BSU) are a better team than most people give them credit for. Sure we have a weak schedule, but we dominate those weaker teams, not just barely squeek them out. I don't think Dinwiddie has played past the the first series of the third quater in league play since the Tulsa game, which was like the 2nd or third game of the league schedule.
Old 12-05-2003, 06:31 PM   #24
Steel City Spud Farmer
n00b

As far as Hawaii goes...hmm 31-7 at halftime..BSU of course.

Viking fan....its all good...I was being sarcastic too.
Old 12-05-2003, 08:22 PM   #25
detroit_fan
H.S. Freshman Team

Spud you live in Boise City?
Old 12-06-2003, 06:07 PM   #26
Steel City Spud Farmer
n00b

LOL...I live in Boise City...and what the hell is that? Every single version of FOF I've played (4) has it as Boise "City"...oh well, I guess its better than "The Township Of Boise" or something...Jim, its Boise....and thats it....Boise...hehehe