Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-06-2003, 02:08 AM   #1
Wasabiak
High School Varsity

Fantasy lineup (Playoffs)--Please help

Fantasy gurus, please guide me in the right direction. I have got some pretty bad matchups this week and i ask for your opinions. It's a basic scoring league, 50/50 TD to yardage. QB's do not get penalized for ints. and get 4 pts for td throws. 25 yds rush/rec. and 50 yds passing get 1 pt. Here's what i have.......

QB (start 1)
Chad Pennington
Kerry Collins

As bad as the matchup is, i am leaning toward Pennington. The Bills defense is awesome at home. Collins has a decent matchup, but the weather is supposed to be crappy in NY Sunday. Tough call.

RB (start 2)
Preist Holmes
Dominick Davis
James Jackson
Michael Bennett

Holmes and who? Sounds like Davis is not going to start, and may not even play. Too bad, he has been my pickup of the century. Jackson does nothing for me, he was just a handcuff steal when Green had his problems. Can Bennett score against Seattle? I'm leaning toward him.

WR (start 3)
Joe Horn
Chad Johnson
Santana Moss
Koren Robinson
Charles Lee

Johnson's a no brainer. Robinson has a great matchup against a terrible D, but Moss and Horn play @Buffalo and TB respectively. Moss is "must start" material to me, but i just hate that matchup. I can see already that he and Pennington could make or break my season this week, should i start them.

My kicker is Wilkins (St Louis) and i was going to start the Vikings Def/ST over the Steelers.

Any insight would be welcome. Thanks,

Todd

Wasabiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 02:14 AM   #2
FargoFreez aka fof playa
Banned

Re: Fantasy lineup (Playoffs)--Please help

Quote:
Originally posted by Wasabiak
My kicker is Wilkins (St Louis) and i was going to start the Vikings Def/ST over the Steelers.

I MUST me seeing things.
FargoFreez aka fof playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 02:18 AM   #3
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Wasabiak... check to see if kevan barlow is availible.. he's starting in place of hearst i believe..

Otherwise.. i'd say Bennett
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 02:18 AM   #4
Wasabiak
High School Varsity

The Vikings defense is solid at home. 13 ints, 3 of which have been housed. 14 sacks as well. I don't know, the Steelers D just doesn't do much for me. Although their ST is more capable of returning a TD than the Vikes.
Old 12-06-2003, 02:19 AM   #5
Wasabiak
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by Ragone
Wasabiak... check to see if kevan barlow is availible.. he's starting in place of hearst i believe..

Otherwise.. i'd say Bennett

Our transactions ended last week. During the playoffs, we are stuck with what we got.
Old 12-06-2003, 02:25 AM   #6
FargoFreez aka fof playa
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Wasabiak
The Vikings defense is solid at home. 13 ints, 3 of which have been housed. 14 sacks as well. I don't know, the Steelers D just doesn't do much for me. Although their ST is more capable of returning a TD than the Vikes.

You mean to tell me that you don't think that David Palmer is capable of..err...Actually I just figured that a Packfan wouldn't go that route.
FargoFreez aka fof playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 02:32 AM   #7
Wasabiak
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by FargoFreez aka fof playa
You mean to tell me that you don't think that David Palmer is capable of..err...Actually I just figured that a Packfan wouldn't go that route.

WHAT???? PACKFAN???????

Contrary to belief, not all WI residents are Packer fans (which also means i don't drink warm Blatz). To this day, i still worship Tommy Kramer.
Old 12-06-2003, 10:43 AM   #8
Wasabiak
High School Varsity

bizzle
Old 12-06-2003, 11:15 AM   #9
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I'd go with Pennington for sure. The Giants have quit.

At RB, I'd look hard at Davis unless you know he won't play. But as a plug-in, I'd feel fine about Bennett. That game could be a shootout, and Moe Williams is struggling on pass blocks so they may as well give Bennett a shot.

At WR, go with Johnson, Moss and ... tough one. If it helps, I'm playing someone in the playoffs who has K-Rob, so he'll probably explode.
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote