Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-14-2016, 07:48 PM   #1
TroyF
Coordinator

Some tech support please. . .

I bought a new gaming computer last October. When i got it, it would myseriously power off at random times. Not consistently. I could use it for 14 straight days without a problem, then it would act up for 3 days (random shut offs, then be good for 4 straight hours before powering off and then it might not power on for another hour and be fine for another 2 weeks)

I was at the point I was going to look into seriously troubleshooting it and it stopped turning off. I had the thing running for 6 straight weeks without a single glitch. I moved to OK and it was fine for the first week before it started the shut off cycle again last night.

Turned off at 7. I turned it on at 7:05 and it worked perfectly until I went to bed at 12:00 AM. Got up and everything is fine until 3 this afternoon when it does it again. Power it up at 3:30 and it's fine until 6:30. I power it on again and it's been fine.

The shut offs do not seem to have anything to do with what I'm doing at the time. last night it shut off after playing DDPB. Today it shut off when I went to look at a job posting on the internet. The second time it turned off, I was cooking dinner and wasn't even using the computer.

It has an 850w power supply and the temperature has never went over 25c in the case. (I have an outside fan control telling me the temp and have opened the case to make sure that isn't lying to me)

so, gurus of FOFC, any ideas what the hell is going on? Gremlins? Bad power supply? Motherboard?

Where should I start?

Thanks for any help you have in advance.

TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:55 PM   #2
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

I just bought a new dell and had the same thing happen. Just totally random shutdowns in the middle of whatever I was doing or even if I wasn't there. Dell had to send someone out to replace the motherboard and its been fine (knock on wood) since.