Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-02-2003, 09:46 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Michigan Men's Basketball!!

4-0 BABY DOLLS!

The clouded past of Steve Fischer and company is behind us, as Tommy Ammaker leads us into the brand new light.

With the cupcake non-conference schedule we have before us, 13-0, 12-1 or 11-2 is looking to be the case as we start Big 10 play.

HERE'S HOPING BOYS!

LET'S GO BLUE!

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 03:51 AM   #2
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Never cared too much for college (or pro) basketball, but way to go boys!

Keep it up.

M GO-BLUE!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 04:55 AM   #3
Schmidty
Coordinator

Re: Michigan Men's Basketball!!

Quote:
Originally posted by DeToxRoxDVHStyle
4-0 BABY DOLLS!

The clouded past of Steve Fischer and company is behind us, as Tommy Ammaker leads us into the brand new light.

With the cupcake non-conference schedule we have before us, 13-0, 12-1 or 11-2 is looking to be the case as we start Big 10 play.

HERE'S HOPING BOYS!

LET'S GO BLUE!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, give me a break. You're still MSU's bitch, and will be for the forseeable future. Don't get your hopes up for a great or even good season. Once you guys get into the Big Ten schedule, there's going to be a lot of weeping in Ann Arbor.

Last edited by Schmidty : 12-03-2003 at 04:56 AM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 01:55 PM   #4
DeToxRox
Head Coach

... Didn't we beat you last year?

Something to ponder.
Old 12-03-2003, 05:11 PM   #5
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Do you feel bad that your best years were bought? As a Gopher fan, I don't. I wonder what ever happened to Courtney James, that man sure could rebound and had a pretty decent punch from what I heard.
Old 12-03-2003, 05:32 PM   #6
FargoFreez aka fof playa
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by The Afoci
Do you feel bad that your best years were bought? As a Gopher fan, I don't. I wonder what ever happened to Courtney James, that man sure could rebound and had a pretty decent punch from what I heard.

I saw him play for the Dakota Wizards in Fargo once in 2002. Do you remember those unique wrinkles you could see on his shaved head?

http://www.usbasket.com/USAplayer.asp?PlayerID=8149
FargoFreez aka fof playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 05:35 PM   #7
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

I wish I would have known, I would have went. I love looking at the program and seeing the 'big' college guys.
Old 12-03-2003, 05:38 PM   #8
FargoFreez aka fof playa
Banned

Miles Simon was also playing in that game and shot the lights out against the Beez.

I should mention that I grew up in West Fargo and lived their for near 20 years.
Old 12-03-2003, 06:03 PM   #9
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

I grew up 20 miles east of fargo in hawley. I am in Duluth at least twice a year though. Your city is ugly downtown.
Old 12-03-2003, 06:11 PM   #10
FargoFreez aka fof playa
Banned

At least my downtown isn't Highway 10.
Old 12-03-2003, 06:15 PM   #11
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

There is a bank and Dairy Queen now.

I hope they handle the winter icy roads better than this area does. Those hills suck.
Old 12-03-2003, 07:14 PM   #12
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Afoci; good question.

I really do feel bad, but our best year was 89' and that was a team that wasn't bought.

I am greatful for being able to watch the Fab 5, and all they did (good and bad) for Michigan basketball, but the new team is fun to watch, and Ammaker is not only a very good coach, but also a class act.
Old 12-03-2003, 07:24 PM   #13
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
I am greatful for being able to watch the Fab 5, and all they did (good and bad) for Michigan basketball, but the new team is fun to watch, and Ammaker is not only a very good coach, but also a class act.

Amaker is a good coach? What does he have on his resume' that makes him so impressive?
Old 12-03-2003, 07:27 PM   #14
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

I was unaware of 89, I don't follow CBB as much as I do other things.
Old 12-03-2003, 07:47 PM   #15
DeToxRox
Head Coach

lol Schmidty.

he has brought in excellent recruits everywhere. he took a team that was learning a new offense that was 0-6, couldn't go to the tourney, and brought them to a 13 game win streak, and beat your beloved Spartans.

And what makes MSU so special?

Every year for the last few, great classes, and every year, their studs leave early.

MSU is just as overrated this year, especially Paul Davis. Believe it tonight when Duke rolls.
Old 12-03-2003, 08:45 PM   #16
tucker342
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Schmidty
Amaker is a good coach? What does he have on his resume' that makes him so impressive?

ummmm, last season? I hate Michigan, but the job Amaker did with that team last year is incredible!
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 09:10 PM   #17
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
lol Schmidty.

he has brought in excellent recruits everywhere. he took a team that was learning a new offense that was 0-6, couldn't go to the tourney, and brought them to a 13 game win streak, and beat your beloved Spartans.

Exellent recruits? I asked about results.

MSU = 3 out of the past 5 Final Fours. 4 out of the past 5 Elite Eights (including last year, when you beat us). 1 National Championship.

Michigan = Jack. Shit.

The sad thing is that the only thing you have to brag about is the win against State last year. That'll be the highlight of your decade. Enjoy it while you can.
Old 12-03-2003, 09:10 PM   #18
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by tucker342
ummmm, last season? I hate Michigan, but the job Amaker did with that team last year is incredible!

Results?
Old 12-03-2003, 09:54 PM   #19
DeToxRox
Head Coach

LoL, you seem to have a chip on your shoulder. And how can we look at results? We haven't been eligible, so we'll never know will we?

And by the way, Duke is up 23.

Just FYI in case you already turned the game off.
Old 12-04-2003, 01:42 AM   #20
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Results?

Michigan 27 - Michigan State 20, in Lansing, no less.

Big Ten Champions.

You wanted results. There's results, Sparty.
Old 12-04-2003, 01:53 AM   #21
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Honolulu_Blue
Michigan 27 - Michigan State 20, in Lansing, no less.

Big Ten Champions.

You wanted results. There's results, Sparty.

Wait....are you talking about football in a basketball thread???

Ummm.....ok.

MSU's Polo team is soooooooooooo much better than Michigans!!!! Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!!!!!!!!
Old 12-04-2003, 02:07 AM   #22
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

Schmidty... Tisk, tisk. I thought for a moment you had some class... I can admit that at the present moment your couch-burning, cow-tipping pals have the better basketball team, you should realize that you will always be jealous of the superior atletic and acedemic school to your south. Michigan was a football powerhouse before MSU even knew what to call itself. MSU only is a member of the Big 10 because another school was needed after Chicago dropped athletics. Poor, poor MSU. I pity you, always jealous... Go drink another beer and set a sofa on fire!
Old 12-04-2003, 02:11 AM   #23
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by BigJohn&TheLions
Blah blah blah blah.

I have no class because I am fiercely loyal to my Spartans and intensely dislike you Michigan buffoons?? Come on. Your post sure did show that you have so much more class than me. Besides, I have never pretended to have class, nor have I ever given two shits what any Wolverine thinks about me.

Welcome to my ignore list!!!!

Last edited by Schmidty : 12-04-2003 at 02:14 AM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 02:21 AM   #24
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I have no class because I am fiercely loyal to my Spartans and intensely dislike you Michigan buffoons?? Come on. Your post sure did show that you have so much more class than me. Besides, I have never pretended to have class, nor have I ever given two shits what any Wolverine thinks about me.

Welcome to my ignore list!!!!

Awww, ignored by a sparty. That's too bad. What's the matter spart-o? UM doesn't despise you. In fact, we don't CARE about you. A minor annoyance. The third best rivalry we have. You guys are almost cute when you get mad!

BigJohn&TheLions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 05:06 AM   #25
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Well MSU got it handed to them last night, I didn't think they would win but I also did not think they would lay the egg like they did. With tough games against Oklahoma, Kentucky, and Syracuse coming up, they need to turn it around quickly or I think this team will tailspin out of control. The players seem to lack a lot of the heart that the teams 3 or 4 years ago showed.

As for Amaker, yes it is too early to say that he will be one of the better college coaches out there, but at the same time you have to admit he has done a great job of turning that program around and getting them back on track to contend for a Big Ten title. I don't think it will happen this year, a win in the tournament would be a good first step, but next year I look for them to challenge the top two.

Its great when people can't take their blinders off and acknowledge that their rivals are doing well.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 06:03 AM   #26
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I agree with Ice, and I am the first to admit that MSU did great in football this year, and still is solid in basketball, but it's obvious Schmidty cannot handle taking his pill and admitting Michigan, in 2-3 years, will be in the same breath as MSU once again.
Old 12-04-2003, 06:42 AM   #27
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Wait....are you talking about football in a basketball thread???

Ummm.....ok.

MSU's Polo team is soooooooooooo much better than Michigans!!!! Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!!!!!!!!

Eh, I care about college basketball as much as I do about polo or, say, softball (which, btw, Michigan's team is soooooooooooo much better than Michigan State's! ). Football is where it's at. So 27-20, or my old favorite, 49-3.

I like the Sparties. My brother is a Sparty. I don't care much for Sparty Spew, but I have grown used to it. It is, as Agent Smith would say, inevitable.
Old 12-04-2003, 07:26 AM   #28
cmp
Pro Rookie

I'm a huge Michigan fan but I'm not saying that Michigan's better than MSU yet. But I feel we are almost back up to their level. State is still a great team and has a great coach in Izzo but Amaker has Michigan back on track and will be able to beat them like they did last season more often in the next couple of seasons. And anyone discrediting what Amaker has done is an idiot. He has completely turned around a program that was filled with problems. He was still able to get great recruits to go to Ann Arbor despite not being able to go to a tournament.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 09:44 AM   #29
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

As an outsider (even living here in Ann Arbor), did you Michigan fans (the ones who care about something besides football) enjoy the whipping by Duke last night or have your own games with Duke (I assume) fostered a dislike of them that you would rather MSU won? IOW, does Big 10 loyalty (if there is such a thing) extend to an in-state rival? I know for a fact that most NC State fans want the ACC to go 8-1 at best during the Challenge because they despise UNC so much (that can be extended to 7-2 or 6-3 depending on a State fan's view of Duke and Maryland).
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 10:20 AM   #30
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by Wolfpack
As an outsider (even living here in Ann Arbor), did you Michigan fans (the ones who care about something besides football) enjoy the whipping by Duke last night or have your own games with Duke (I assume) fostered a dislike of them that you would rather MSU won? IOW, does Big 10 loyalty (if there is such a thing) extend to an in-state rival? I know for a fact that most NC State fans want the ACC to go 8-1 at best during the Challenge because they despise UNC so much (that can be extended to 7-2 or 6-3 depending on a State fan's view of Duke and Maryland).

I hate Duke. I want them to lose and lose royally every time they play. No matter the opponent. (Unless maybe they were playing a team of Nazis. I wouldn't want the Nazis to win.)

More ofthen than not I will root for the Big Ten when they play someone outside the conference. For example, in a bowl game I will always root for the Big 10. There are some minor occassions (usually early in the football season) where I don't mind seeing OSU or some other Big 10 potential threats lose a game or two.

I support the Big 10. Some Sparties (see: our boy Schmidty) have such a burning hatred for Michigan that it clouds this sense of Midwest comraderie. It's sad. But it happens...
Old 12-04-2003, 07:02 PM   #31
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:

I cannot stand Duke and would have loved for MSU to beat them last night. I may be a big Michigan but I do still root for MSU when there not playing Michigan. I don't have the same hatred towards them as they seem to have towards Michigan. Ohio State is the only school in the Big Ten that I cannot stand.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 07:07 PM   #32
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
I know for a fact that most NC State fans want the ACC to go 8-1 at best during the Challenge because they despise UNC so much (that can be extended to 7-2 or 6-3 depending on a State fan's view of Duke and Maryland).

Cool, Maryland's earned "despised" status! Being a MD fan all my life, I remember a lot of bad times (Len Bias' death, the tenure of Bob Wade) so I think it means a lot when you can say they're actually "hated" by the rest of the league.

However, I can assume they will never reach Duke status...and UNC was actually pitiful a couple years ago. It's kinda like when the Yankees sucked in the early 90's - I didn't appreciate it for what it was
CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote