Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-26-2015, 04:06 PM   #1
Subby
lolzcat

Do you like drinking beer? How about pedaling while doing it?

There are two kinds of people in this world. Those who like pedal pubs, and those who don't.

Cyclists' Squirt-Gun Attack On PedalPub Cops Results In Six Arrests
Sarah Barker

The Minneapolis version of a biker brawl involved some cyclists, three PedalPubs, squirt guns, and water balloons, but the results were, in their way, nearly as disquieting as the Waco incident—the thin veneer of society cracked like a cranium under a billy club. It seems Minnesota nice ends when you hoist your keister onto a PedalPub stool.

Here’s how it went down. On Saturday, May 23, Minneapolis-based haters of the 16-seat drinker-powered mobile pubs could contain their loathing no longer, posting a call on the local “I hate the Pedal Pub” Facebook page for fellow haters to meet at a local park at 1 p.m. with bikes, squirt guns and water balloons. They would then go all Mad Max on some unsuspecting PedalPubs. Trouble is, since Facebook is a public forum, PedalPub warned Minneapolis police about the planned malfeasance.

Nothing happened at 1 p.m., but later in the afternoon, some cyclists rolled up on a PedalPub, squirted a pilot in the face, sprayed a second beer-buggy driver and hit a female pedaler with a water balloon, and were approaching a third mobile bar when the beer-fueled passengers of that third jitney jumped off their stools and went all police-state on the unsuspecting PedalPub haters. Or rather, off-duty police state. Six of the pedaling suds guzzlers just happened to be off-duty cops from Burnsville, a suburb of Minneapolis. They were able to get into situation mode very quickly, as this Youtube video shows:

Minneapolis police, the on-duty ones, arrested six people in the fracas: Five of them were water-armed cyclists; the other miscreant was not identified. All six will have their day in court on June 4th.

Comments on the Star Tribune article and on the I Hate the Pedal Pub Facebook page are vitriolic in the extreme, revealing what a hot-button issue PedalPubs truly are. Clearly, this war has just begun.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com

Last edited by Subby : 05-26-2015 at 04:07 PM.
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 05:38 PM   #2
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

What the heck is a pedal pub?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 05:56 PM   #3
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I agree with the commentators. The video should be in landscape and not portrait.
Old 05-26-2015, 09:43 PM   #4
ColtCrazy
College Starter

I've seen them in downtown Indy. Bunch of people pedal a trolly looking thing around while drinking. Someone is steering this that, I assume, is not drinking. Seems kind of dumb to me.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 01:02 PM   #5
Alf
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I agree with the commentators. The video should be in landscape and not portrait.

Even though the natural way to hold a smartphone is portrait, video natural position is landscape. However, you still see way too much of those portrait videos. That's so retarded
Old 05-27-2015, 01:15 PM   #6
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
I've seen them in downtown Indy. Bunch of people pedal a trolly looking thing around while drinking. Someone is steering this that, I assume, is not drinking. Seems kind of dumb to me.

I've seen them in downtown Indy too. I didn't understand the allure. At all.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 04:20 PM   #7
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

My son first saw those things on a college visit to Nashville.

Of all the things he saw at Vandy, nothing topped the impression those things made.

(Vandy has slipped from maybe 2nd on his list to maybe barely holding on to the top 5. Take from that what you will)
Old 05-27-2015, 05:13 PM   #8
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

That's the real crime
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote