Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-28-2003, 09:04 PM   #1
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Fantasia

Just rented this because my 4 yr old girl insisted on getting it because it had Mickey Mouse on the front. So i let her, and now lesson learned. 10 minutes in and she can't stand it.

Does anyone actually like this crap? Anyone have kids that like it? My wife and i both agree that it pretty much sucks, and that our dislike of it goes back to when we were kids. I still don't understand why it is supposedly a "classic." Do people like it for the music and thats why? I really don't get it.

Cringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 09:15 PM   #2
The_herd
College Starter

I hated Fantasia when I was a kid and I refuse to subject my child to such garbage. I have always wondered how it has always been put on a pedistol and labled a classic.

Personally, I've always thought it was just Disney marketing because I've never really met anyone that thought it was a very good film. It's always been Disney that has called it a "timeless classic" and treated it as such.
Old 11-28-2003, 09:47 PM   #3
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I liked the dinosaurs part. Then again I liked anything that had to do with dinosaurs.....
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 10:05 PM   #4
Scholes
High School Varsity

My roommates in college used to eat mushrooms and watch that movie, they seemed to enjoy it.

Of course they may have enjoyed a lap dance from Rosie O' Donnell at that point.

Last edited by Scholes : 11-28-2003 at 10:06 PM.
Scholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 10:12 PM   #5
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Scholes

Of course they may have enjoyed a lap dance from Rosie O' Donnell at that point.

That's sooooo wrong.....
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 10:16 PM   #6
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Yeah, people who have been stoned clearly have a certain appreciation of the film that others don't.

However, I used to work for Disney and I can tell you that there is a hardcore group of Fantasia out there. I don't quite get it myself, and Fantasia was a box-office flop in its day, but it does have impressive animation sequences.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 11:27 PM   #7
Airhog
Captain Obvious

who wouldnt want to create 1000 copies of something. I wouldnt mind creating 1000 copies of some hot chick

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 11:22 AM   #8
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Re: Fantasia

Quote:
Originally posted by Cringer
Just rented this because my 4 yr old girl insisted on getting it because it had Mickey Mouse on the front. So i let her, and now lesson learned. 10 minutes in and she can't stand it.

I always liked it, going back to when I was a kid. I am really into music, and into animation as well. To each their own. I think you owe it to your children to give them a chance to see if they like it or not. Nobody has to like it. It served as a foundation for some of my enjoyment of some other kinds of music.

It is considered a classic because, at the time, nothing like that had ever been done. There were advancements in sound and animation that were created during the production of that film that really changed the industry.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote