Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-23-2003, 03:55 AM   #1
sabotai
General Manager

Am I still in the correct "reality"?

Driving back from my friend's house tonight, I drove through the thickest fog I have ever driven through. I could not see in front of me, and I could not see behind me.

Then I came to a clearing in the fog, but it wasn't a normal clearing...

Behind me was thick as hell fog, in front of me about 100 feet was thick as hell fog, and the same to the left and right. To top the off, above me was thick as hell fog as well. I was in a small "bubble" in the fog. Directly around me it was clear for like a 100 feet diameter. One of the strangest things I've seen.

So I got this feeling that I was driving through some sort of portal to an alternate dimension or something. So just to make sure I'm still in my reality....

Fritz is still a douchebag...right?

(But seriously, very weird feeling driving through that "bubble".)

Last edited by sabotai : 11-23-2003 at 03:55 AM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 04:07 AM   #2
Suicane75
Coordinator

I'm glad you made it home honey, come over here and let me hold you, we'll eat some sasquatch and watch Newhart 3000 and hope that the aliens dont mess up the reception on the antenal transpondence.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 07:43 AM   #3
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

You just drove thru a time portal. Your are now in a different timeline very similar to your own it is my belief you only jumped one line so the differences are small. Try to ask friends about choices you've made in life this line is the opposite of all your choices. Ex. You meet this good looking chick at the bar but something told you not to sleep with her. Well in this line you slept with her only to findout she's a man and that you actually like shemales. So if I were you I'd ask around to make sure you didnt pick the shemale.

noop

Last edited by Noop : 11-23-2003 at 07:47 AM.
Noop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 09:34 AM   #4
Dutch
"Dutch"

Sabotai, welcome to the FOFC boards! If you are feeling confused, just head on over to Solecismic's website and download FOF2018, it's a blast, and you won't really care where you are anymore after playing. See ya!
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 10:13 AM   #5
Easy Mac

All I know is that in this realm, Fritz is considered the most well- respected FOFC poster. If thats abnormal to you, then I guess you're in the wrong place.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 10:19 AM   #6
Sidhe
H.S. Freshman Team

That is an extremely interesting tale you told there. I keep up with paranormal stuff (or why else would I use the handle Sidhe?) but I can't tell you I've ever heard of something just like what you experienced happening in a real paramormal encounter. It is like something Stephen King used in a short story I read a long time ago.

Did this really happen? How very strange.
Sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 10:24 AM   #7
Vikings13
n00b

The short story you mentioned - was that the one where the town is trapped in a supermarket and there's all sorts of weird creatures roaming around outside? I love that one but wished it had been a full story, not just a short story...

As for the fog, that sort of thing happens all the time. Sounds get muddled too - one minute you can hear a whisper from 100 yards, the next you can't hear a jet engine 10 feet away. Try getting stuck on a boat in fog like that... Now that's creepy.
Old 11-23-2003, 10:25 AM   #8
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Brace yourself -- you have entered a completely different dimension in which the Bengals are road favorites for the second time in four weeks.

Thanks, I'll be here all week. Enjoy the buffet.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 11:01 AM   #9
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by Vikings13
The short story you mentioned - was that the one where the town is trapped in a supermarket and there's all sorts of weird creatures roaming around outside? I love that one but wished it had been a full story, not just a short story...

Ahhh....The Mist. Good story.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 01:50 PM   #10
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Old 11-23-2003, 08:59 PM   #11
JeeberD
General Manager

Again???

Old 11-23-2003, 09:03 PM   #12
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by JeeberD
Ahhh....The Mist. Good story.

great story. i had heard a while ago that it was going to become a movie... looks like nothing ever came of it.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 09:57 PM   #13
JeeberD
General Manager

Yeah, StephenKing.com used to have a listing of all his works that were in production and about The Mist it said something along the lines that the rights were bought many years ago but nothing looked to be in the works. That's too bad, I bet it would make a great movie if it was done right...

Old 11-24-2003, 08:23 AM   #14
Flame Eater
H.S. Freshman Team

Well Missssster Anderson...what will it be? The Blue Pill or the Red Pill?

Don't worry it's probably just a power surge or a small bug. I'll reboot the system now. When you wake up everything will be fine. If not, follow the White Rabbit back into the fog and we'll try again.

Last edited by Flame Eater : 11-24-2003 at 08:26 AM.
Flame Eater is offline   Reply With Quote