Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-27-2014, 10:18 AM   #151
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
It was a ridiculously ticky-tack call, but I was grateful for it.

To his credit the defender sold it well enough for the ref to notice it. If he doesn't it likely doesn't get called. Not that it wasn't warranted, it's just one of those plays that seems to happen like that.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 02:50 PM   #152
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Don't the steelers do this every year? You guys act like you've never seen these before.

More importantly, do you remember watching these jerseys on your black and white TV?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 03:44 PM   #153
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Well having 50 points dropped on your favorite team sucks.

But at least I get to see the Lions winning their division halfway through the season. Heck, they're only a half-game away from a 1st round bye in the playoffs.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:56 PM   #154
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Thankfully they picked that flag up. If that was a penalty I give up.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 07:57 PM   #155
Dutch
"Dutch"

Somebody call Deshon Goldson and tell him that helmet-to-helmet hits on defenseless receivers is legal again! W00t! Now that's football!
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 07:59 PM   #156
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Hope that guy holds onto stuff when he shoplifts better than that...
Old 10-27-2014, 08:59 PM   #157
MizzouCowboy
H.S. Freshman Team

This thing on ESPN almost looks like a professional football game, well at least a week 5 preseason game.

Skins defense is playing a lot better than I expected, especially with the injuries. Romo has been shaky at best, he is feeling the pressure even when it isn't there. It'd also be nice if a Cowboys rb could maybe not once in a while fumble.
MizzouCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:33 PM   #158
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Not good for the Cowboys if Romo has to miss significant time.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:47 PM   #159
Thomkal
Head Coach

cannot believe Washington is winning this game-not watching, Romo hurt bad?
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:53 PM   #160
Dutch
"Dutch"

It didn't look bad, but it was a hit in the back and with his back surgery it could be serious or just a painful tweak...not sure yet.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:55 PM   #161
BishopMVP
Coordinator

I get that this (7 point lead in the 4th... Brandon Weeden at QB) isn't the right time to try an insides kick, but I refuse to believe that booting it thru the uprights is the right call on those rare times you get to kickoff from the 50. Can't you pop one up high near a hash mark inside the 5, or try to drive a low squibber that hopefully isn't picked up cleanly by an up back?
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:58 PM   #162
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
It didn't look bad, but it was a hit in the back and with his back surgery it could be serious or just a painful tweak...not sure yet.

Thanks that would be a horrible time to lose him, with the Cardinals and then I think Philly next on the schedule.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:59 PM   #163
Thomkal
Head Coach

wow I can't believe Brandon Weeden threw a TD Pass
Old 10-27-2014, 10:13 PM   #164
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Thanks that would be a horrible time to lose him, with the Cardinals and then I think Philly next on the schedule.

Well, horrible for the Cowboys. Not all that horrible for us. (though I like Romo).

This game...never knew what how to root. Obviously better for the Eagles for WAS to win, but if they do radio won't be as fun this week.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:18 PM   #165
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Why is Romo out there
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 10:25 PM   #166
Dutch
"Dutch"

Looks like it was something painful, but a couple of shots of...whatever in the tunnel surely helped get him back out on the field.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:27 PM   #167
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I don't trust the Cowboys defense on first OT drive
Old 10-27-2014, 10:27 PM   #168
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

And we almost got Bad Tony Romo twice (Fumble on another hit, and a bad throw that the receiver literally had to pull the ball out of the Washington defender's body)
Old 10-27-2014, 10:33 PM   #169
Dutch
"Dutch"

Jordan Reed with a great catch!
Old 10-27-2014, 10:47 PM   #170
miami_fan
Coordinator

NO MEANS NO! Come on, Colt McCoy is not going to get too many opportunities for interviews on Monday night. Gotta let him enjoy the limelight.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 10:49 PM   #171
cartman
Death Herald

That looked like the Longhorn edition Colt tonight.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:59 PM   #172
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
NO MEANS NO! Come on, Colt McCoy is not going to get too many opportunities for interviews on Monday night. Gotta let him enjoy the limelight.

I bet that was NFL mandated so he can make the post game press conference.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:01 PM   #173
miami_fan
Coordinator

OT may have been the first time all year the new Cowboys were like the old Cowboys.

1st and 10 at DAL 20(9:43) D.Murray right tackle to DAL 28 for 8 yards (C.Baker).

2nd and 2 at DAL 28(9:11) T.Romo pass short right to D.Murray pushed ob at DAL 27 for -1 yards (P.Riley).

3rd and 3 at DAL 27(8:25) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete short left to J.Witten (P.Riley).

4th and 3 at DAL 27(8:21) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete short right to D.Bryant (B.Breeland).
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 10-27-2014, 11:06 PM   #174
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I bet that was NFL mandated so he can make the post game press conference.

Possible but he was right back out on the field talking with ESPN again shortly after. Maybe the reporter was just small time.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:35 PM   #175
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

McCoy wins the battle of the former Brown QBs!

(And ruins my pick 'em)
Old 10-28-2014, 12:39 AM   #176
stevew
Hall Of Famer

my only youtube clip
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 07:33 AM   #177
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
I get that this (7 point lead in the 4th... Brandon Weeden at QB) isn't the right time to try an insides kick, but I refuse to believe that booting it thru the uprights is the right call on those rare times you get to kickoff from the 50. Can't you pop one up high near a hash mark inside the 5, or try to drive a low squibber that hopefully isn't picked up cleanly by an up back?

I'm with you. Same situation happened in the Miss St - Kentucky game Saturday. Kentucky got a TD to bring it within 7 with 2+ minutes left, and there was a penalty to be marked off on the kickoff against Miss St. As they were announcing the penalty, the color guy was saying that they should definitely go for the pop up kick...especially when Miss St lined up in a traditional hands team, onsides return formation and there was 30 yards of space between everyone else and the deep man.

If you didn't see, Kentucky either tried kicking a normal onside or a squib they were hoping would go through, but it was too hard and terrible with a true bounce and it went right into the hands of the second level guy who easily returned it 60+ yards for a TD.

Point being, I agree with you, but that showed me that the pop up would be the safer play and more likely to work.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 07:48 AM   #178
Kodos
Resident Alien

Holy crap. The Cowboys actually lost to Washington? LOL!
Old 10-28-2014, 08:00 AM   #179
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
It was a ridiculously ticky-tack call, but I was grateful for it.

It was neither ridiculous or ticky-tack. He pushed the guy to the ground to make the catch. Maybe Iloka went down too easily, but it was the proper call.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:10 PM   #180
The Jackal
Coordinator

For Redskins fans who also love Archer, this is amazing:

Redskins Defeat Cowboys 20-17 in OT via Archer Gifs - Hogs Haven
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 02:46 PM   #181
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I'm with you. Same situation happened in the Miss St - Kentucky game Saturday. Kentucky got a TD to bring it within 7 with 2+ minutes left, and there was a penalty to be marked off on the kickoff against Miss St. As they were announcing the penalty, the color guy was saying that they should definitely go for the pop up kick...especially when Miss St lined up in a traditional hands team, onsides return formation and there was 30 yards of space between everyone else and the deep man.

If you didn't see, Kentucky either tried kicking a normal onside or a squib they were hoping would go through, but it was too hard and terrible with a true bounce and it went right into the hands of the second level guy who easily returned it 60+ yards for a TD.

Point being, I agree with you, but that showed me that the pop up would be the safer play and more likely to work.
Didn't see that ending. I would have to assume NFL kickers would be better - and this should be the easiest thing in the world to practice, seeing as it's off a tee so the kicker can go do it by himself for the 98% of practice the coaches don't need him.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:41 PM   #182
bhlloy
Coordinator

I was wondering watching the game last night given how many kickoffs go for touchbacks anyway, why not make any personal foul on the TD or extra point count against the opposing teams first down instead?

Taken to the cynical extreme, why not send the 53rd man on your roster out there and take a shot at one of their starting lineman, either to injure or to try and get him to retaliate and get tossed? Worst that happens is the other team booms the kickoff through the end zone which puts me in the exact same spot I would be in 80% of the time anyway. Just seems like in today's game that penalty is completely and utterly meaningless.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 04:33 PM   #183
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I was wondering watching the game last night given how many kickoffs go for touchbacks anyway, why not make any personal foul on the TD or extra point count against the opposing teams first down instead?

Taken to the cynical extreme, why not send the 53rd man on your roster out there and take a shot at one of their starting lineman, either to injure or to try and get him to retaliate and get tossed? Worst that happens is the other team booms the kickoff through the end zone which puts me in the exact same spot I would be in 80% of the time anyway. Just seems like in today's game that penalty is completely and utterly meaningless.
Easy there Greg Schiano.

This is a league where wooing free agents is a huge part of team-building, and any attempts to injure result in fines/suspensions.