Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-01-2013, 04:51 PM   #51
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Well there will be ex-Westeros threats soon...*hint hint*

Not soon enough to make it worth the hours of waiting for it.

GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:57 PM   #52
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Not soon enough to make it worth the hours of waiting for it.

That's a matter of opinion

And you can blame Paradox - we need playable Republics in order to really make it make any sense, due to the nature of those societies.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 01-01-2013 at 04:57 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:03 PM   #53
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
That's a matter of opinion

And you can blame Paradox - we need playable Republics in order to really make it make any sense, due to the nature of those societies.

I'm not blaming anyone. It is the nature of the situation. There are many lulls in the regular game, but the way Westeros is set up there are even longer lulls. It'll be interesting with republics, but I don't know if it will that big a difference (or one I'll really enjoy).
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:14 PM   #54
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I'm not blaming anyone. It is the nature of the situation. There are many lulls in the regular game, but the way Westeros is set up there are even longer lulls. It'll be interesting with republics, but I don't know if it will that big a difference (or one I'll really enjoy).

I agree that there are lulls, but I think that whether in Westeros or in regular-CK the solution to maintaining interest during lulls is to set yourself sub-goals, or RP the personality of your leader, you know? So instead of just letting time fly by, set yourself the goal of destabilizing a local rival over the long term, or creating a tournament-champion type (in Westeros), or something like that.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #55
MrBug708
Head Coach

Looks like there was another update!

I truly feel this mod is the best version you can play of CK2. I would change the civil wars to make it less stable but other than that! I liked the Prince and the Thane, but was always too unstable sadly
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:24 AM   #56
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Looks like there was another update!

I truly feel this mod is the best version you can play of CK2. I would change the civil wars to make it less stable but other than that! I liked the Prince and the Thane, but was always too unstable sadly

Ah yes, should have told you guys, but I've been on vacation (and honestly have moved more to the periphery of the mod team, though I want to change that). New update is indeed out.

Factions make things a hell of a lot more unstable. Like...seriously unstable in my experience. I'll try to hop online later and regale you with my version of Aegon's Conquest.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:20 PM   #57
MrBug708
Head Coach

I started with Robb as King of the North. Something went through and killed off the Baratheons in a mysterious accident. So now Dany and Aegon are married, but have yet to conceive a child. Robb married Margaery Tyrell and they have a few kids too. Cersei was outed with Jaime and after the war, I had Cersei and Joffrey executed.

I'm getting no slack from the Iron Throne, despite Aegon becoming a Dragon Rider.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:01 PM   #58
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Okay - so as promised

Wanted to run an Aegon's Conquest scenario. Love me some dragons. Now in 8074.

Aegon of course swept away all before him in fields of dragon-fire.

Rhaenys died early, in 8011. Aegon lived till the age of 68 and died in 8041, outliving Visenya as well.

Aegon was replaced by his grandson, King Rhaegal I "The Parricide." in 8041. Rhaegal was the son of Aegon's eldest son Aenys, who died in 8036 of poor physique.

Rhaegal gained his nickname of "the parricide" due to his kinslaying nature. Both of his uncles, Maegor and Aenar revolted in 8042. Rhaegal gained his dragon-rider ability in 8043, right after their revolt, and conquered the two of them in 8044, killing Maegor in battle, and executing Aenar after capturing him. Maegor was also a dragon-rider, so it was no sure conclusion that Rhaegal would prevail, since he wasn't able to ride his dragon when the pretenders revolted.

Rhaegal is married to Queen Rhaeneys (daughter of Aenar). They lost three girls at birth, and have 3 surviving children so far, Aegon, Visenya, and Rhaegar. Aegon and Visenya are already wed.

Now for the Lords Paramount, where I've had some fun.

Aegon converted to R'hallor, so he had a lot of LP's revolting, and several have continued this habit with Rhaegal thanks to the kin-slaying that happened in his revolts. As a result of this, many of the "traditional" LP families have had their titles stripped due to their rebelling, and I have installed new ones.

For example, the frigging Baratheon's wouldn't stop revolting, so they're no longer LP of the Stormlands.

Lords Paramount:

Stormlands:
Rhaegal stripped the Baratheon's in 8046, and assigned the LP of the Stormlands to the Connington's in recognition of their service and loyalty, in 8049.

Dorne:
The Martells have retained the LP of Dorne. Actually though - I hadn't noticed that I think they glitched and didn't rejoin after the last rebellion, so I need to reconquer them, and perhaps install the Dayne's as LP.

The Reach:
Very troublesome.
I let the Gardner's retain until 8037, when Aegon put down their rebellion for the last time and stripped them. He installed the Tyrell's, who lasted until 8042. Rhaegal held the title himself from 8042-8048, when he bestowed it on House Redwyne, who are the current holders.

Westerlands:
The Lannisters retained it until 8037. In 8037, Aegon tired of their rebellious nature, and bestowed the LP of the Westerlands on House Rayne of Castamere, who continue to remain loyal.

Iron Islands:
House Hoare were loyal until 8069, when Rhaegal made the decision after a particular revolt, to award the LP of the Iron Islands to House Saltcliffe.

Riverlands:
House Tully continues to remain loyal to the Targaryn line and has retained their LP.

Vale:
House Arryn remained loyal until 8069, when after irritating Rhaegal during a rebellion, House Corbray was awarded the LP.

The North:
House Stark retained the LP until 8069, and even raised a sub-line of Targaryn's in the North (Rhaegal's mother was Larra Stark, the daughter of Torrhen Stark, the King who Knelt), however in 8069, after the same revolt that cost the Arryn's, House Stark was stripped of the LP and it was awarded to the Manderly's.

Anything else anyone wants to know?
Old 01-27-2013, 09:21 PM   #59
MrBug708
Head Coach

Any funkiness with swords?
Old 01-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #60
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Any funkiness with swords?

Good question.

One of the rebellious cadet-branches of the Targaryn's has Dark Sister, so my reigning branch is left with just Blackfyre, until I can get it back.

Hartsbane: Still with the Tarly's.
Crab's Pincer: Still held by the Celtigar's.
Longclaw: Still held by the Mormont's.
Lady Forlorn: Still held by the Corbray's.
Dark Sister: Still held by Rhaegal's cousin Rhaelle "the dragontamer", daughter of Maegor and High Lord of the Dornish Marches (my attempt to buy her support).
Ice: Still held by the Starks.
Red Rain: Still held by the Rayne's.

So no, no real funkyness yet. Unless you count the fact that I'm scheming actively to get Rhaegal's hands back onto Dark Sister so I can reunite Visenya (his daughter) with it.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 01-27-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #61
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Something is up with the province of Ninestars. I had two armies disappear when they entered that province. There was no message or event to explain it.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:54 PM   #62
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Something is up with the province of Ninestars. I had two armies disappear when they entered that province. There was no message or event to explain it.

Well that's fragging weird - I'll check the bug reports and point it out to the guys.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #63
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I was playing the first scenario as the Targaryens. I declared dragon conquest on the Vail and lost +5000 armies twice as they entered Ninestars. It was like they had been completely defeated as the commanders returned home and I had to wait for the armies to rebuild.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:48 PM   #64
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I was playing the first scenario as the Targaryens. I declared dragon conquest on the Vail and lost +5000 armies twice as they entered Ninestars. It was like they had been completely defeated as the commanders returned home and I had to wait for the armies to rebuild.

Alright - noted. Will pass it on.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:19 AM   #65
MrBug708
Head Coach

I'm loving the latest update with the current scenes from book 5
Old 05-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #66
MrBug708
Head Coach

Crusader Kings 2: A Game of Thrones mod adding massive eastern continent | Mods, News | PC Gamer
Old 05-16-2013, 09:04 AM   #67
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

The news is out...

I've sort of stepped back from the mod over the past few months - I don't even have access to the separate essos development folder right now, but I'm trying to get back into it. It's tough, because I'm not a coder/scripter/graphics guy, I'm just a lowly tester, so I don't have a ton to offer, aside from my willingness to run 50-100 hands-off sims in order to get balance right.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 05-16-2013 at 09:09 AM.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:33 AM   #68
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

So sweet!

Started a new Aegon's Conquest game last night.

Aegon had 2 sons, Aenys and Maegor. Aenys got engaged to another High Valyrian (no sister-wives available). They had a kid. I gave AenysDragonstone, so he was out of my control. Aenys' wife died. He betrothed himself to his 3 year old daughter.

I noticed this and said "ick." Then a faceless man showed up and wanted Aenys' life for a death. I looked at Maegor and noticed he was a MUCH better future king. He was betrothed to some young girl (actually a Reyne of House Castamere, Lords Paramount of the Westerlands - yes I wiped out the Lannisters for treachery).

So I let the faceless man have Aenys' life, and then used the assassination I got on the girl that Maegor was betrothed to (instead of breaking it - didn't want to piss off House Reyne), and then married Maegor to his young niece.

They've already had one "Quick" baby - I think this is going to work out very well!!
Old 06-09-2013, 02:39 PM   #69
Flasch186
Coordinator

Where can i download this stuff? I just registered for their forums and it says i dont have permission to be here...

finally got in, man thats convoluted.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 06-09-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:21 PM   #70
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
Where can i download this stuff? I just registered for their forums and it says i dont have permission to be here...

finally got in, man thats convoluted.

Yeah it is convoluted. I tend to stay off the forums for the most part.

You all set??
Old 06-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #71
Flasch186
Coordinator

nope, I installed CK2 but moved the install to the D: drive and then DL GOT and just let it do its thing by default. Now when I start CK2 and choose GOT it goes through the start bar stuff and then crashes. Never gets into the game after finishing the progress bar. Any advice? Im currently uninstalling CK2 to let install by default on the C: drive this time.

Reinstall - run it, check the mod...it does the whole progress bar showing the pretty paintings and then crashes to desktop.

Any ideas?

I see this: ***>>>>>NOT COMPATIBLE WITH CK2 1.10/1.101<<<<<***

I just bought CK2, I wonder if I have too new a version to run yup, 1.10 is my version. Any possibility of rolling it back or do I just need to wait?

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 06-09-2013 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #72
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
nope, I installed CK2 but moved the install to the D: drive and then DL GOT and just let it do its thing by default. Now when I start CK2 and choose GOT it goes through the start bar stuff and then crashes. Never gets into the game after finishing the progress bar. Any advice? Im currently uninstalling CK2 to let install by default on the C: drive this time.

Reinstall - run it, check the mod...it does the whole progress bar showing the pretty paintings and then crashes to desktop.

Any ideas?

Yep - the problem is that we haven't released a compatibility patch for Old Gods yet.

Apparently there's a new feature in Steam where you can "roll back" to a previous version of the base game (tbh I've never tried it), which if you did that then installed the mod you should be able to play it. But I'm sure it exists - people were talking about using it -- i just don't know how to tell you where exactly it is (maybe right clicking on the game in your library and in one of those menus?)

Patch for GoT should be out soon. There's arguing right now over whether or not it's ready to release, but I think Paradox have a patch for Old Gods coming out this coming week and we may wait till after that.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:29 PM   #73
Flasch186
Coordinator

I didnt buy Old Gods, just the base game for an astonishing 39.99 Tonight's season finale better be the added value

Based on your suggestion I found a roll back to a 1.09 beta and now Im in. Not sure how far the beta rolls ya back and what that means but alas I can play it some now

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 06-09-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:43 PM   #74
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Right - you didn't buy Old Gods, but the Old Gods release added some features into the base game that messed up the mod (they altered some base game files in the Old Gods release to account for new features).
Old 06-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #75
MrBug708
Head Coach

Have they updated GoT mod?
Old 06-09-2013, 05:02 PM   #76
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Have they updated GoT mod?

Negative...I believe (unless I missed the plan being changed) that the plan is to wait for the Paradox hotfix that they're releasing this week for Old Gods before releasing the patch for GoT mod.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #77
MrBug708
Head Coach

I mean, will they be adding to the mods already out?
Old 06-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #78
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I mean, will they be adding to the mods already out?

What do you mean? In terms of starting bookmarks? In terms of features? In terms of using some of the features added by Old Gods?
Old 06-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #79
MrBug708
Head Coach

Are they going to add different start dates, different features, scenarios etc

Last edited by MrBug708 : 06-09-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:36 PM   #80
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Are they going to add different start dates, different features, scenarios etc

Yes to all of the above

Essos is in the works. Using the Viking features from Old Gods to improve Ironborn is happening.

Just 2 examples.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:38 AM   #81
Thomkal
Head Coach

PC Gamer has started a weekly diary using this mod, thought you guys who play this would be interested:

Game of Thrones diary part one: staying alive in Crusader Kings 2's Westeros | Features | PC Gamer
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:38 PM   #82
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
PC Gamer has started a weekly diary using this mod, thought you guys who play this would be interested:

Game of Thrones diary part one: staying alive in Crusader Kings 2's Westeros | Features | PC Gamer

do you need any of the ck-ii expansion packs in order to play the westeros mod?
Old 06-30-2013, 07:24 PM   #83
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
do you need any of the ck-ii expansion packs in order to play the westeros mod?

Nope.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:36 PM   #84
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Just wait till I show you guys the empire of Aegon the Conquerer upon his death.

All of Westeros and most all of the populated parts of Essos.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:27 PM   #85
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

8375 and I've got a Stark as dual "King in the North" and "King on the Iron Throne" (by virtue of his marriage to the Baratheon heiress after I just made war on the Iron Throne and killed her older brother). So their son (already living) will be

1. Lord of the Crossing
2. King of the North
3. King of the Iron Throne

Oh, and the best part? His (the son's) Great-grandfather is Viserys Targaryen. Ned Stark matrilinerally married his eldest daughter and heiress (he had no sons) to Viserys back when he thought he'd have sons.

Leona (her name) and Viserys had a son and Leona became Queen of the North shortly before her death. Her son King Donnell of the North lived till the ripe age of 63, and had been married to a Frey of the Crossing in order to try to expand Stark lands (and get rid of the pesky Frey line). Donnell married his eldest daughter to the Tully heir, who had dominion over the Riverlands and Iron Islands (thus attempting to ensure they'd enter the war on my side), and married his heir Geriss to the Baratheon king's eldest daughter. His son Gerriss "The Vain" was the one who would eventually prosecute the war on behalf of his bride, and slay her older brother in combat after marching south with the Golden Company in order to beseige (and sack) King's Landing.

ICE AND FIRE!!!!

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 04-28-2014 at 10:28 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:06 PM   #86
MrBug708
Head Coach

I had to port over from GG to Steam and played a little bit on the updated game.

It feels like it's getting too complicated
Old 04-28-2014, 11:17 PM   #87
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I know what you mean Bug. There's some stuff (particularly in the Intrigue menu) that is just too much. Like do I really need the option to sell each of my prisoners to slavery or blind/castrate each of my prisoners?

*sigh*

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 04-28-2014 at 11:18 PM.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:07 PM   #88
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Latest News - Crusader Kings II: Over 1 Million Copies Sold - Paradox Interactive
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote