Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-20-2003, 07:15 PM   #1
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Global settings for game plans?

For some reason, I had thought Jim implemented some sense of a coordinator where you can set up a certain type of offensive or defensive scheme (like West Coast Offense). But I don't know why I thought that, maybe it's from reading about coordinators being hired and talk about overall gameplan settings. The only thing I saw briefly was the 'Set All Plans to this default' button (or something like that). For those that are not going through each screen (as if I would know what the #%!$@ I would be doing anyways), are you setting defaults through the recommend button - one for the offense and one for the defense? If so, are the results favorable (assuming decent personnel)?

Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 07:18 PM   #2
Easy Mac

I click each one and just hit reccommend on all the screens for defense. I call offensive plays, so it doesn't matter.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 07:54 PM   #3
Karim
College Starter

This is one area where macro-sliders that could mold the team into "your type" of team would be very useful. Instead of having to manipulate every number, one could just slide to "pass more" or whatever. I realize those into the micromanagement of football could not care less about this.

For those clicking recommend, is there a way to get a west-coast offense, or heavy blitz, or run-heavy team? Can you do this by selecting the right head coach or off/def coordinators or are you pretty much limited to changing all the numbers?

Last edited by Karim : 11-20-2003 at 07:55 PM.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 08:23 PM   #4
gstelmack
Pro Starter

My big issue with the game plans is that the passing yards overlap my QB ratings. I have Tom Brady, and he's rated really well in 0-10 yard passes, but pretty sucky in 10-20 yard passes. So what do I do for the 9-12 range in the gameplan?