Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-19-2003, 12:08 PM   #1
kserra
H.S. Freshman Team

Game Plans-Coach or Talent Based

I play as the General Manager only...I do not mess with the the Game Plans, leaving that to my coach...I will make some changes to the Depth Chart if needed...

I was wondering...when the Game Plan is being created by the computer AI, is it based on the talents of the coach, the talent on the team, or a combination of both?

Any ideas? Thanks.

Kevin

kserra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 03:29 PM   #2
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I have no idea, but I thought it was a good enough question that I'd give the thread a bump to keep it on the front page a little while longer.
Old 11-19-2003, 03:46 PM   #3
amdaily
College Prospect

Don't know either, but my coach will play a 3-4 defense when my 4th LB is horrible, but my 4th DT is great. In the offseason I make the nessecary players adjustments (great 4th LB, poor 4th DT), but then he'll go with a 4-3 . Damn cycle keeps repeating itself too.

Last edited by amdaily : 11-19-2003 at 04:03 PM.
amdaily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 03:51 PM   #4
yabanci
College Benchwarmer

It's a good question and I wonder the same thing. I know my coach reccomends offensive formations that none of my quarterbacks know, so that led me to believe it is not (solely) talent based.
yabanci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 03:56 PM   #5
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by amdaily
Don't know either, but my coach will play a 3-4 seaosn seasons with my 4th LB is horrible, but my 4th DT is great. In the offseason I make the nessecary players adjustments, but then he'll go with a 4-3 . Damn cycle keeps repeating itself too.

I know in prior versions, the computer always seemed to prefer to 4-3, while I like the 3-4 personally.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 04:01 PM   #6
MrBug708
Head Coach

It's cheaper generally plus average LB'ers are easier to find then average DL
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 04:10 PM   #7
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Back in the first or second incarnation, I forget which, there was a bug with 4-3, 3-4. During the build, apparently, they'd been reversed. It didn't make it into release, but it was still reflected in the help docs.

Don't think that is the case here, I'm just making noise.
damnMikeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 04:12 PM   #8
Daimyo
College Starter

I had the same problem with the coach changing back and forth between 3-4 and 4-3. It was weird because i had it set not to let the ai manage the gameplans, but nearly every season it would switch it back to 4-3 in the preseason.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 07:27 PM   #9
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Jim told me that it certainly does take into account personnel and their relative strengths and weaknesses.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 07:42 PM   #10
amdaily
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Jim told me that it certainly does take into account personnel and their relative strengths and weaknesses.

Perhaps that need cranked up in the patch then. In my example, for instance, the difference in the 4th LB vs the 4th DT wasn't a simple 5 or 10 scout points, it was quite a large difference. I had no idea why the coach was choosing the defenseive alignment he was.
amdaily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 08:02 PM   #11
Mark
n00b

As the Panthers, my base was 4-3 for the first season, but the scout wanted to switch to the 3-4 the next season. In real life, you need 3 DT type players as linemen in the 3-4. They are responsible for holding up the OL and letting the LBs make plays. Just because you have three good DLs does NOT mean you should play the 3-4. I need to test out the 3-4 and see if you get three strong run D guys on the line if it will work out well.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote