Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-28-2014, 03:41 PM   #1
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Visiting Boulder/Denver, Colorado

So my girlfriend starts her Ph.D program at UC Boulder at the end of August. She moves out there this week, and I'm flying out to visit her this weekend. Neither of us have ever been there. She's a huge fan of hiking and getting out in nature, though she is coming off a back injury that has left her unable to tackle the real seriously steep stuff (though she's normally all about that sort of thing). She's also a vegetarian (who eats the occasional fish and sushi). Any recommendations for places to check out, either for this weekend or future visits? So far the only things we've been recommended is the Evergreen town for exploring and possibly taking a tour at Mile High Stadium. The Rockies are out of town this weekend unfortunately.

Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:43 PM   #2
Blackadar
Retired

RMNP

Rocky Mountain National Park
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:46 PM   #3
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, drive up to RMNP and go along Trail Ridge Road. Get out where you want and hike as far as you want and then get back into the car and go up to the next stop.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:57 PM   #4
lungs
Pro Rookie

Herbs 4 You
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 04:28 PM   #5
timmae
College Starter

Note to Vince... She's not a vegetarian. After that I've got nothing... never been to Colorado.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:03 PM   #6
britrock88
Pro Starter

Don't have specific recommendations, but she'll be juuuuust fine in Boulder.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 05:08 PM   #7
britrock88
Pro Starter

Not quite true. I loved The 9th Door in Denver--great tapas place, and a pescetarian would have plenty enough to choose from.

You have malls to walk in each of Denver and Boulder if you feel like people-watching. Lots of great breweries to drop into in Denver (I enjoyed Great Divide). The Colorado Rapids play at home Saturday night. ...
Old 07-28-2014, 06:07 PM   #8
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Thanks for the recommendations guys, keep 'em coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Not quite true. I loved The 9th Door in Denver--great tapas place, and a pescetarian would have plenty enough to choose from.

You have malls to walk in each of Denver and Boulder if you feel like people-watching. Lots of great breweries to drop into in Denver (I enjoyed Great Divide). The Colorado Rapids play at home Saturday night. ...

I'm excited to try some of the breweries. Unfortunately, my 'weekend' is Sunday-Monday, so I don't land until 11:30-ish Saturday night.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:55 PM   #9
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

If you want to check out breweries, Avery is having their anniversary party on Sunday. Will be some great beers available that you don't get a chance to try very often.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:23 PM   #10
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Sounds like you are not in town for long, so Rocky Mtn National Park is probably good for a longer trip. Right in Boulder, you should drive up to Flagstaff and see the amphitheater. There are some little hikes there too. Another easy half day hike is the Flat Irons. Kind of neat, its the main terrain feature for Boulder. Then another good one within minutes of town is Bear Peak.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:27 PM   #11
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Walnut Brewery is cool and by downtown. Also, your girlfriend will probably really like eating at Alfalfa's.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:36 AM   #12
PadresFan104
High School Varsity

Visited Denver for the first time earlier this summer and had a great time. I highly recommend a drive to Echo Lake and Mt. Evans. Great day trip with amazing sights.

As for downtown Denver, we had a nice time walking around the 16th Street Mall (with a detour to see the ballpark). Had a great lunch at the Mellow Mushroom. Thought the place was unique to Denver, but later learned it's a chain. Great salad and pizza nevertheless - wife and I are vegetarians.
PadresFan104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 01:49 PM   #13
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan104 View Post
Had a great lunch at the Mellow Mushroom.

Funny you mention that. I was surprised to see one in Denver, and wondered if it belonged to the others that I knew of in the Southeast. It does, as you note. Good stuff, though.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:05 AM   #14
Desnudo
Coordinator

talking to a guy from Boulder last night apparently marijuana dispensary then Starbucks is a pretty popular tour.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote