Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-20-2003, 03:27 AM   #1
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

A couple of questions about FOF2K4 Tunings

Shame on me but I just used Hesrack for the first time yesterday evening. What a blast !
changing the FOF2K4 background, replacing the (ugly) game's scoreboard, renaming the "Player of the year" by "League MVP" stuff like this....just great !

for instance, just a little "tweak" that helps me feel even more "in the game", I just renamed the "Power Ratings" screen with the label "Courtesy of ESPN".
Just messing around with it and "improving my own immersive experience" as an NFL simulation.

my question : do you guys do the same, fine tuning the game visually speaking to your best convenience ? or do you leave it as it is with the original artworks/labels and other stuff from Jim ?

Other question : is it possible that these visual tweaks on MY OWN FOF2K4 .exe file create problems/bugs in a Multiplayer career since the other players would not have the same graphics and windows labels with their own .exe ?
- Chairman of the IHOF Hall of Fame
- Athletic Director of the Brigham Young Cougars in TCY
FOF Legend: Hall of Fame QB Brock Sheriff #5, one of the most popular player in Front Office Football history.

Last edited by Darkiller : 11-20-2003 at 03:31 AM.
Darkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 03:40 AM   #2
yabanci
College Benchwarmer

I do the same thing as you, probably just because I can. The latest thing I've done is change the little football shape at the top of the dialog boxes to little NFL logs I made. On the last part, I can't imagine how it would affect mutlplayer, because the interface is just looking for a bmp file; it doesn't care what's on the bmp.
yabanci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 04:28 AM   #3
Icy
Pro Starter

The other multiplayers won't see that changes unless you send them your .exe file. The export file is just the game data not the .exe so what you do on your exe won't affect them at all.
And yeah, i also custom mine

Last edited by Icy : 11-20-2003 at 04:39 AM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 07:14 AM   #4
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

ok !
thanks for the infos !
- Chairman of the IHOF Hall of Fame
- Athletic Director of the Brigham Young Cougars in TCY
FOF Legend: Hall of Fame QB Brock Sheriff #5, one of the most popular player in Front Office Football history.
Darkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 07:23 AM   #5
Subby
lolzcat

Just remember that all of that stuff gets wiped out when you download the patch...
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 07:53 AM   #6
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Re: A couple of questions about FOF2K4 Tunings

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkiller
my question : do you guys do the same, fine tuning the game visually speaking to your best convenience ?
No. I don't care about visuals.
Old 11-20-2003, 08:01 AM   #7
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

I don't really either, except for the team logos (35x35 helmet thingie) and I changed the position tags, not really for the visuals, but because I like having a different color for FB than RB and for my different OL and same for my DL and/or LB... In that case, I see it as an help to my managing the team...

FM
Old 11-20-2003, 08:04 AM   #8
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Oh yeah, I did install the logos. They are helpful functionally in seeing what team a FA is from before I look at his stats.
Old 11-20-2003, 08:48 AM   #9
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by FrogMan
I don't really either, except for the team logos (35x35 helmet thingie) and I changed the position tags, not really for the visuals, but because I like having a different color for FB than RB and for my different OL and same for my DL and/or LB... In that case, I see it as an help to my managing the team...

FM

I'm disappointed in you, I would have expected you to customize FOF to look just like an excel spreadsheet....

Old 11-20-2003, 08:56 AM   #10
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by fantastic flying froggies
I'm disappointed in you, I would have expected you to customize FOF to look just like an excel spreadsheet....

Well, Jim's got the spreadsheet look mastered quite well AND I like it that way, maybe that's why I don't see the need for more changes

FM
Old 11-20-2003, 09:51 AM   #11
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Icy
The other multiplayers won't see that changes unless you send them your .exe file. The export file is just the game data not the .exe so what you do on your exe won't affect them at all.
And yeah, i also custom mine

I wouldn't be so certain about this. When I participated in the Indiana TCY Village challenge (you can find this in the dynasty forum) I was using a res-hacked EXE file with all kinds of changes. When I exported my save game file for the next "coach" to use, they couldn't load them. An error message would come up about a corrupted file or something. I re-tried this one my own a few times (saving from that CPU and re-loading on an untouched EXE file on another computer) - and could not get it work.

I had to reload the original exe file on the first computer, open the game, and re-save it. Only then would i be able to open the game on another computer.

I had to go through this same process to move my Rutgers dynasty from one computer to another.

Personally, I would beware screwing with your exe file if you're going to play in a multiplayer league.

Last edited by cthomer5000 : 11-20-2003 at 09:51 AM.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote