Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-19-2003, 11:28 AM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Michael Jackson

-- Authorities issue arrest warrant for entertainer Michael Jackson on one count of child molestation, police say. Watch CNN or log on to http://CNN.com (AOL Keyword: CNN) for the latest news.

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 11:30 AM   #2
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

gay or not gay - you make the call!
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 11:33 AM   #3
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

"Billy Jean's not my lover, he's just a kid who claims that I am the one. But the kid is not my son."
Old 11-19-2003, 11:34 AM   #4
MrBug708
Head Coach

Over/Under set at 5 minutes in regards to how long MJ will last in prison
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 11:38 AM   #5
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Senator

Since John Galt isn't here...

Molesting children isn't the same as sexual orientation.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 11:56 AM   #6
Two Thirds Rectal Trout
n00b

Quote:

Thats an easy one. You should ask the more difficult question of

white or black - you make the call.
Two Thirds Rectal Trout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 12:01 PM   #7
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Two Thirds Rectal Trout
Thats an easy one. You should ask the more difficult question of

white or black - you make the call.

Are you kidding? That's easy. Michael Jackson makes Casper the ghost look black.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 12:02 PM   #8
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
Poor form, Senator.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 12:02 PM   #9
heybrad
Norm!!!

Quote:
Two Thirds Rectal Trout
Now thats a funny name.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 12:06 PM   #10
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I'm sure it's just more of Sony's plot to defame him.
Old 11-19-2003, 12:16 PM   #11
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:

Pedophile
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 12:21 PM   #12
Dutch
"Dutch"

Is there a such thing as a Gay Pedophile?

And remember, he's not guilty of anything if he gets the same lawyers OJ had!
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 12:25 PM   #13
Leonidas
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I was thinking more along the lines of

human or not human
Old 11-19-2003, 12:29 PM   #14
Kodos
Resident Alien

PYT - Pretty Young Thing!

We should have known.
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 12:32 PM   #15
Philliesfan980
Banned

What exactly does "one count" mean? Will he really get jail time out of this if he is found guilty?
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 12:37 PM   #16
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

to answer your question, Philliesfan...

if he wasn't a celebrity, yes he would. Since he's famous, all bets are off. I'm guessing he skips the country if it gets down to it. I think Roman Polanski could use a roommate.

As to the gay, not gay question... not sure it really applies here, but yes, you can have gay pedophiles, just as you can have straight pedophiles. Both are equally despicable (but only one makes you qualified for the priesthood... doh!).
Old 11-19-2003, 01:55 PM   #17
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally posted by Philliesfan980
What exactly does "one count" mean? Will he really get jail time out of this if he is found guilty?
Looks like it isn't one count. CNN is reporting "multiple counts."
Old 11-19-2003, 02:00 PM   #18
Senator

Quote:
Poor form, Senator.

Hey, what was the Roddy Piper quote Skydog always uses?
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Old 11-19-2003, 02:10 PM   #19
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

I'm so quick I could spit in the wind, duck and let it hit the old lady behind me?

Just when you think you know all the answers, I change the questions?

Real men wear kilts?
Old 11-19-2003, 03:10 PM   #20
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

I still can't understand what parent would allow their child to sleep over at his house? They all need to be bitch-slapped... all but the kid. He needs a family-echtomy.

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 03:31 PM   #21
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hey, what was the Roddy Piper quote Skydog always uses?

You mean the one about "I'm all out of bubblegum" ?
Old 11-19-2003, 03:35 PM   #22
fof playa
Banned

Re: Michael Jackson

Quote:
Originally posted by SkyDog
-- Authorities issue arrest warrant for entertainer Michael Jackson on one count of child molestation, police say. Watch CNN or log on to http://CNN.com (AOL Keyword: CNN) for the latest news.

I knew the chances that the ex-Brown receiver was the topic of discussion here were very slim.
fof playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 03:36 PM   #23
korme
Go Reds

Pay the piper?
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 03:44 PM   #24
mrskippy
Banned

I believe this is just another attempt to smear Jackson's image. Perhaps Jackson will appease the powers that be buy loosening his the grip on the most powerful license in the music business -- The Beatles.

No criminal charges. Michael pays off the allegor. End of story for a few more years.

At this point, maybe I can concoct some story that Michael grabbed my penis when I was at one of his concerts when I was a kid or something like that. I think that's what most of these kids do, at their parents urging of course.

Of course, even if Michael was arrested, murdered, etc., the rights to The Beatles would go to his kids who are probably smart enough to know how much the license is worth.
mrskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 04:09 PM   #25
Senator

yeah, pay the piper or something like that. Skydog used it on hornsannoyinack all the time.

Old 11-19-2003, 04:11 PM   #26
TroyF
Coordinator

Until we get more facts on the case, I'm hesitant to think anything.

The timing and the actions of the prosecuter does trouble me a bit though. You have a kid who says that he was molested, you think you have evidence and know where it is, you have the ability to get a warrent and get that information quickly and you sit on several weeks because of "operational reasons?"

If that was my kid, there would be policeman sent to the hospital to get the "operational reasons" document surgically removed. I'd also have went to the media in a second to put the pressure on.

Then there is the quote:

Sneddon said he did not know whether the parents of the accuser were aware of the past allegations.

The statement almost certainly has to be a lie. Even if they happened to live under a rock and didn't know Michael had been accused in the past, the prosecutors would have to warn them of the media firestorm that was about to take place and the reasons for it before pressing the charges through.

They CAN prosecute a case where the child doesn't testify. Without "hard" evidence (marks, bodily fluids on the victim, the victim's bodily fluids at the scene, etc.) they will have about as much chance of getting a conviction as I do of playing QB for the Broncos next year. They had to have told the kid's parents what they were about to go through and the types of questions they'd get.

TroyF
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 04:13 PM   #27
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Bee

Thanks Bee.
Old 11-19-2003, 04:14 PM   #28
sabotai
General Manager

Hmmm...at this point, I don't think any has to try to smear Jackson's image.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 04:26 PM   #29
mrskippy
Banned

If I'm Michael Jackson, I put the Beatles stuff and Neverland Ranch into a trust in my children's names.
Old 11-19-2003, 04:34 PM   #30
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally posted by mrskippy
If I'm Michael Jackson, I put the Beatles stuff and Neverland Ranch into a trust in my children's names.

ARE you Michael Jackson?
Old 11-19-2003, 04:34 PM   #31
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

maybe it's all a plot by Schwarzenegger to use Jacko's money to pay off California's accumulated debt!
Old 11-19-2003, 04:36 PM   #32
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Bee

Don't pedophiles also have a sexual orientation? I mean don't they usually prey almost exclusively on one sex or the other?

--edit for spelling

Last edited by Glengoyne : 11-19-2003 at 04:37 PM.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 04:40 PM   #33
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Glengoyne
Don't pedophiles also have a sexual orientation? I mean don't they usually prey almost exclusively on one sex or the other?

--edit for spelling

Yes, but the vast majority of pedophiles are "straight" when it comes to relations with adults. It is a myth that gays are more apt to be pedophiles. Many right-wing groups continue to cite stats that define all pedophiles of boys to be gay to prove that gays are a threat (doing so without explaining there flawed methodology). However, with adults, most pedophiles are hetero by nature.

Last edited by John Galt : 11-19-2003 at 04:40 PM.
John Galt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 04:45 PM   #34
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally posted by Glengoyne

--edit for spelling
Well, it is debatable whether pedophilia is truly a "sexuality" issue at all. I'm dealing with a situation right now where it has just come out that a 70+ year old man has a 28+ year history of pedophilia, with boys from the age of 8-16. It turns out that this history has continued even though he has been impotent for 5+ years. He has continued to perform oral sex on boys despite being able to derive no sexual pleasure or release himself. There is more to pedophilia than "sexual orientation."
Old 11-19-2003, 05:01 PM   #35
mrskippy
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by WSUCougar
ARE you Michael Jackson?

I wish I had his ranch and the rights to The Beatles. From my understanding The Beatles is a profitible and valueable license to own and one reason why you don't see the market flooded. It's probably a bigger treasure than Neverland Ranch and he's been very smart with it. Notice there are no Beatles songs on iTunes, Napster, MusicMatch, Rhapsody, etc.

As for Neverland. The place is probably worth a pretty penny. Notice the copy of the Main Street station and the area in front, with Mickey removed of course. He's apparently got exact copies of some rides too. Add the zoo and he's got his own theme park. Heck ... imagine the fortune Disney could make off tickets to Neverland.

Oh and I wish I had his talent. The boy can groove.
Old 11-19-2003, 05:02 PM   #36
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by John Galt
Yes, but the vast majority of pedophiles are "straight" when it comes to relations with adults. It is a myth that gays are more apt to be pedophiles. Many right-wing groups continue to cite stats that define all pedophiles of boys to be gay to prove that gays are a threat (doing so without explaining there flawed methodology). However, with adults, most pedophiles are hetero by nature.

OK, fair enough of a difference to merit pointing out.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 05:13 PM   #37
mrskippy
Banned

Interesting details. Still, I've read that Jacko is difficult to deal with when it comes to The Beatles. Of course, I've heard the surviving members and Yoko Ono are tough too. I'd be interested to see who's holding back on putting the stuff on legal music services. I had heard it was Michael, but maybe that's not true.

Of course, the rumor was that Michael only married Lisa Marie to get ahold of the Elvis rights, which is probably worth as much as the Beatles, which I believe is the most prized in music (at least that's what I gathered from the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame display).
Old 11-19-2003, 05:24 PM   #38
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Nice posts by both John Galt and SkyDog in disputing the myth that sexual orientation is what drives pedophilia.

Senator, the tune I'm hearing from your corner is not a very flattering one, and it saddens me to think that you would perpetuate such a shameful (and harmful) myth.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 05:29 PM   #39
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
The boy can groove.

If that's what you want to call it...

Old 11-19-2003, 05:34 PM   #40
Senator

Quote:
Senator, the tune I'm hearing from your corner is not a very flattering one, and it saddens me to think that you would perpetuate such a shameful (and harmful) myth.

I have no idea what you are talking about, but you seem to know, so run with it if it is that important to you.

Old 11-19-2003, 06:01 PM   #41
clintl
College Starter

Quote:
Interesting details. Still, I've read that Jacko is difficult to deal with when it comes to The Beatles. Of course, I've heard the surviving members and Yoko Ono are tough too. I'd be interested to see who's holding back on putting the stuff on legal music services. I had heard it was Michael, but maybe that's not true.

I don't know about the other services, but the Beatles are in a legal dispute with iTunes. Apparently, as part of a trademark settlement back in the early days of Apple Computer, Apple agreed to never sell music in return for the Beatles allowing them to continue to use the Apple name. And, apparently, the Beatles and their survivors are not very happy about Apple breaking this agreement. So my guess is that the Beatles will never be available on iTunes unless there is a settlement in which Apple writes the Beatles a big check.
clintl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 06:47 PM   #42
Scarecrow
College Prospect

One bit of irony....

The only new song on his Greates Hits Album: One More Chance
Producer: R. Kelly

Old 11-19-2003, 08:28 PM   #43
astralhaze
College Prospect

Michael Jackson touched little kids????

I am absolutely shocked!
Old 11-19-2003, 08:34 PM   #44
sabotai
General Manager

....The Beatles own the trademark to the word "Apple"?

Just more evidence that our copyright/trademark laws are wacko.
Old 11-19-2003, 08:55 PM   #45
clintl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by sabotai
....The Beatles own the trademark to the word "Apple"?

Just more evidence that our copyright/trademark laws are wacko.

Because of Apple Records, which they founded. Now, it would be a pretty weak trademark (primarily because of Apple Computer), but in the late '70s/early '80s, when they reached this settlement, it probably was a trademark very closely associated with the Beatles, and certainly still is when used in connection with offering music.

In any case, Apple agreed to the terms, and has now broken the agreement.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:17 PM   #46
clintl
College Starter

Actually, it's a little more complicated than I remembered. Apparently, in 1981, Apple Corps (the Beatles company) and Apple Computer agreed to the two companies' respective rights to the Apple trademark and logos, after the Beatles sued and won. In 1989, Apple Corps sued Apple Computer again for violating those terms by making and selling devices that could create or reproduce music. In 1991, they settled that suit, the terms of which included an agreement by Apple Computer that the Apple Computer name and logo would only be used in conjunction with computer products.

Here's a link to a story about this:

http://www.dailypress.com/business/l...,3234191.story

There are others floating around, too, that detail other bits and pieces of the issue.
Old 11-20-2003, 05:00 AM   #47
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Hee hee!!!!
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 07:49 AM   #48
QuikSand
lolzcat

When confronted with someone arguing that he's got his facts wrong:

Quote:
Originally posted by mrskippy... all in one short post, honestly!
I've read that... I've heard... I'd be interested to see... I had heard it was ... but maybe that's not true.

Of course, the rumor was that ...which is probably ... which I believe is ...at least that's what I gathered ...

That might be the most dense series of disclaimers I've ever read anywhere. But, at least you're documenting your sources.

Last edited by QuikSand : 11-20-2003 at 07:50 AM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 08:00 AM   #49
WussGawd
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I believe this is just another attempt to smear Jackson's image. Perhaps Jackson will appease the powers that be buy loosening his the grip on the most powerful license in the music business -- The Beatles.

Wait a minute, Michael Jackson still *has* an image? That's news. Unless of course, the image is somebody whose had more plastic surgery than a dozen Beverly Hills Women, whose skin is now paler than mine, and who with those long locks and that goofy angular face looks more female than male?

Not to mention this isn't the first time he's apparently tried to play hide the sausage with an adolescent boy.

Quote:
At this point, maybe I can concoct some story that Michael grabbed my penis when I was at one of his concerts when I was a kid or something like that. I think that's what most of these kids do, at their parents urging of course.

Thought it interesting that even Johnnie Cochran after the '94 settlement with that other kid, told Michael he should avoid being alone with children.
WussGawd is offline   Reply With Quote