Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-24-2014, 04:46 AM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Heh. Tupac Kept It Gangsta Until The Very End.

Tupac's final words revealed by police officer on scene of murder - CNN.com

Quote:
Carroll {the first cop on the scene} says he attempted to get a "dying declaration" of a potential suspect from Shakur, but the rapper was ignoring him at first.

"And then I saw in his face, in his movements, all of a sudden in the snap of a finger, he changed," he says. "And he went from struggling to speak, being noncooperative, to an 'I'm at peace' type of thing. Just like that. . . He went from fighting to 'I can't do it.' And when he made that transition, he looked at me, and he's looking right in my eyes. And that's when I looked at him and said one more time, 'Who shot you?'. . . He looked at me and he took a breath to get the words out, and he opened his mouth, and I thought I was actually going to get some cooperation. And then the words came out: 'F**k you.' After that, he started gurgling and slipping out of consciousness."

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 05:37 AM   #2
Izulde
Head Coach

This has been all over my news feed today.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 05:54 AM   #3
Kodos
Resident Alien

Very helpful lad.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:08 AM   #4
stevew
Hall Of Famer

He probably could have used the stitches, given his injured state.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:04 AM   #5
Suicane75
Coordinator

Cop should have used him as a urinal.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 09:46 AM   #6
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Am I the only one who thinks the killers name was Fuh-Q or something similar?

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 09:58 AM   #7
Buccaneer
Head Coach

You make it sound like keeping it gangsta was something to admire.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:03 AM   #8
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
You make it sound like keeping it gangsta was something to admire.
Because as is typical for you, your bigoted disdain for any athlete or entertainer who isn't lily-white or thoroughly assimilated into your view of what white culture should be causes you to look and "find" something that isn't there at all. Those without such a tainted view didn't see that at all from my post. I (and many others) thought it was a little humorous and a fitting end, given the persona that he chose to create. Only someone with a tainted mindset like yours would take that from my post. *shurg*

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 05-24-2014 at 10:05 AM.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:06 AM   #9
Ben E Lou

Dola:

And it's pretty sad that when I posted this, the first thought that popped into my mind was "Buc will surely post something stupid in response to this. I should take him off my ignore list temporarily to see what foolishness he posts." I wasn't exactly sure what it would be, but he did deliver.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:20 AM   #10
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

You don't have a very effective ignore list.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:26 AM   #11
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
You don't have a very effective ignore list.
I was neither kidding nor exaggerating. I didn't think about it before I posted, but later this morning I thought about the potential responses and it occurred to me that on a Saturday its unlikely that anyone would have pointed out the response to me--as would surely have happened on a weekday--so I took Bucc and one other person off my ignore list an hour or two after I posted it.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 05-24-2014 at 10:27 AM.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:34 AM   #12
Buccaneer
Head Coach

No one should have or pretend to have that much hatred in their heart and mind, esp. when dying, regardless if the persona of a gangsta or white trash redneck or wall street wolf or daddy warbucks or neo-nazi. Are these something we should applaud and have others emulate or do we simply view these as detached actors with no negative influence?
Old 05-24-2014, 10:37 AM   #13
Buccaneer
Head Coach

It's sad that a person I used to respect a long time ago would think that providing alternate viewpoints/opinions would automatically be stupid.

Last word on this losing battle. Where I am coming from is this, as Paul wrote to the church in Ephesus: "Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." Something I have been working on and teaching others to do, despite what the world wants you to do or glorify.

Last edited by Buccaneer : 05-24-2014 at 10:54 AM.
Old 05-24-2014, 11:21 AM   #14
Subby
lolzcat

What better? Epithet-spewing rapper or scripture-spouting bigot?
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 11:58 AM   #15
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
I was neither kidding nor exaggerating. I didn't think about it before I posted, but later this morning I thought about the potential responses and it occurred to me that on a Saturday its unlikely that anyone would have pointed out the response to me--as would surely have happened on a weekday--so I took Bucc and one other person off my ignore list an hour or two after I posted it.

So in essence, you were trolling for responses?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 11:58 AM   #16
MrBug708
Head Coach

Pretty sure if Eminem were in the same situation, Bucc would feel the same way
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:36 PM   #17
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
So in essence, you were trolling for responses?

That's how I read it too.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:42 PM   #18
Ben E Lou

Lol. Considering the possible range of responses well after posting is "trolling." That's rich.
Old 05-24-2014, 02:59 PM   #19
TroyF
Coordinator

Wow, overreaction much Ben?

I was unaware of the war between you and Bucc, but I'm really struggling to find out what was so bad about what he wrote. I mean, above Bucc we have a guy who says the cop should have used Tupoc for a urinal and you are ripping on Bucc for saying we shouldn't look up to that sort of behavior? That we should watch what we say and try to be positive?

Sorry, this isn't a black/white thing with me, this just shows how sad his beliefs and the life he led was. (note: I didn't say he shouldn't have the right to his belief, I personally just find it sad)

I'm sorry man, I just don't get it.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 03:57 PM   #20
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Maybe the cop was the one who shot him. Hmmm ...
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 04:11 PM   #21
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Y'all crazy.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 04:26 PM   #22
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
I (and many others) thought it was a little humorous and a fitting end, given the persona that he chose to create.
I always found it interesting just how much of a persona it was. You have a number of other rappers who did grow up under the gangsta code they advocated, meanwhile the most prominent advocate was a kid who went to MSA.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 05:25 PM   #23
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Was Ice T ever taken seriously as a "gangsta" rapper*? Somehow I found myself watching Breakin' 2:Electric Boogaloo today and that should have prevented his career from ever happening.

*as in was his fan base actually strong in the black community, or was he just big among white kids who liked to blast 6 'N the Mornin'?

Last edited by stevew : 05-24-2014 at 05:27 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:42 PM   #24
korme
Go Reds

This Thread Is Very Interesting
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:47 PM   #25
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Thread is missing something.
Maybe it needs more of this:

tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 07:03 PM   #26
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
What better? Epithet-spewing rapper or scripture-spouting bigot?

flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 07:44 PM   #27
Izulde
Head Coach

So an epithet-spewing, scripture-spouting bigot rapper?

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 07:57 PM   #28
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker rocky View Post
Thread is missing something.
Maybe it needs more of this:
Spoiler

I thought for sure it was patriotic undies.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:11 PM   #29
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Wow, overreaction much Ben?

I was unaware of the war between you and Bucc, but I'm really struggling to find out what was so bad about what he wrote. I mean, above Bucc we have a guy who says the cop should have used Tupoc for a urinal and you are ripping on Bucc for saying we shouldn't look up to that sort of behavior? That we should watch what we say and try to be positive?

Sorry, this isn't a black/white thing with me, this just shows how sad his beliefs and the life he led was. (note: I didn't say he shouldn't have the right to his belief, I personally just find it sad)

I'm sorry man, I just don't get it.

I think Bens point is that Bucc automatically assumes that Ben admires Tupac for what he did. I think.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:27 PM   #30
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I think Bens point is that Bucc automatically assumes that Ben admires Tupac for what he did. I think.

This is pretty much what I was thinking on this one. I may be wrong but that's how I interpreted the aftermath.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:10 PM   #31
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
This is pretty much what I was thinking on this one. I may be wrong but that's how I interpreted the aftermath.

Maybe that's it.
I didnt know the Bucc v Ben history so I was a little shocked at the response there.

Though I thought the "heh" in the title made it pretty clear that it was more of an "isn't that cute" post than a "hell ya that's how ya do it"

I certainly dont disagree with the statement though that black, white, asian or hispanic that "gangsta" and the "coffin before cuffs" mentality is not something to aspire to for any of our youth.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 09:17 PM   #32
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Maybe that's it.
I didnt know the Bucc v Ben history so I was a little shocked at the response there.

Though I thought the "heh" in the title made it pretty clear that it was more of an "isn't that cute" post than a "hell ya that's how ya do it"

I certainly dont disagree with the statement though that black, white, asian or hispanic that "gangsta" and the "coffin before cuffs" mentality is not something to aspire to for any of our youth.

And I also feel like the "stop snitchin'" mentality has significantly waned since Tupac's time or even in the past few years.

edit: it was also kind of funny to think of it in that light because in the original article (I think it was in a Las Vegas daily/weekly paper) the police officer said something to the effect of "I didn't want to publicize what he said because I didn't want to make him more of a martyr for his views, but now he's already a martyr so I might as well" because those kind of views would be lionized less now than they would have even 3 years ago.

Last edited by nol : 05-24-2014 at 09:35 PM.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:01 PM   #33
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

OK, if that's it, then I can understand it a little better. Was just a little flabbergasted by the entire thing. I figured the thread should have flabbergasted in it at least a couple of times. . .
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 11:15 PM   #34
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I think I kinda read the o.p. as being sort of a Ron Simmons "Damn" sort of thing.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:57 AM   #35
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by nol View Post
And I also feel like the "stop snitchin'" mentality has significantly waned since Tupac's time or even in the past few years.

ediawesomeas also kind of funny to think of it in that light because in the original article (I think it was in a Las Vegas daily/weekly paper) the police officer said something to the effect of "I didn't want to publicize what he said because I didn't want to make him more of a martyr for his views, but now he's already a martyr so I might as well" because those kind of views would be lionized less now than they would have even 3 years ago.

And the national murder rate is about half what it was when 2pac and company were hard at work making millions and trying to teach urban youth that murder was awesome. I understand ben's reaction to bucc's' assumption that Ben was admiring this guy and this culture, but the specific response was kind of weird - that bucc only likes "lily white" entertainers and athletes and not the black/gangsta ones. Cause blacks have to be gangstas apparently? I must of read it wrong. And I was in the front of the line here in believing that calling Richard Sherman a thug was racist - but 2pac, unlike sherman, actually was a criminal, and actually did glorify violence (and was a homophobe).. It's a shame he's still so revered, but I wouldn't accuse ben of doing the revering in this context.

Last edited by molson : 05-25-2014 at 07:00 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 02:40 PM   #36
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
Am I the only one who thinks the killers name was Fuh-Q or something similar?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:57 AM   #37
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
So an epithet-spewing, scripture-spouting bigot rapper?

Isn't that all of them?
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:45 AM   #38
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Sure, Tupac glorified murder, drugs, and the thug life...but hey, at least he wasn't gay!